Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lew Friedland got canned????
Quote | Reply
Today I heard that big Lew/Lou got the "heave ho." Any truth to this?

If slowtwitch.com were to elect a new president, who would it be?:

A Few in the running

a. slowman...Xantusian Party

b. Tom Demerley.. Michigan Militia

c. the guy with the light bulb question....right wing

d. The flying Nun
Quote Reply
Re: Lew Friedland got canned???? [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr Tibbs...

he would have entry fees for IM available to the masses...
Quote Reply
Re: Lew Friedland got canned???? [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the news was already posted: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=113434

Hello to everyone. I want to notify each of you personally that after serious consideration, I have decided to step down as President of World Triathlon Corporation, effective immediately. On the heels of a very successful 25th Anniversary event, (much of that thanks to all of you), and after 15 years of trips to Hawaii in one capacity or another, I feel that the time and circumstances are right for me to "pass the baton".

Ironman will be in the very capable hands of Ben Fertic, who will be assuming the president's position here in our Florida offices. Hand-picked by the WTC Board of Directors, Ben is a former Ironman finisher with a true passion for the event, and has been heavily involved in our business operations since joining the staff in January 2000. Most of you know Ben from his work on Ironmanlive.com, where he took our Internet and technology presence to a new level, and set industry standards for innovation and creativity in bringing Ironman to the world.

Ben brings that same excitement and fresh vision to the job, and I'll be working with him to make this a smooth transition.

It has been my honor and privilege to work with each of you over these recent years. You produce what may be the finest sporting event in the world, and I know Ben and his staff will do all they can to help you continue to grow and improve this great race year after year.

Quote Reply