Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kestrel Airfoil Pro question
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

I am looking at getting the new Airfoil Pro frame from Kestrel. Has anyone had any experience with this frame yet? How does it ride? I have not seen one in person yet but have taken the measurements and it looks like it would be a good fit for me but I would like to here anyones experience with this bike. I am planning on doing a couple of Ironman races over the next couple of years and believe that a Carbon fiber bike would be the best. I anyone has some better suggestions for something better please let me know. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Craig in AL
Quote Reply
Not out yet... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless somebody actually has received some of the very first frames. From what I understand, they are making 56 cm frames first (which amazes me, as I am one of those who fits between the 56cm & 52 cm KM40 and have been waiting for a 54cm frame from them for years), and 52's I believe. However, they have had some problems with the molding process, and last I heard delivery dates had gotten pushed back into late May.

With a range of sizes, and in 700c size, this could be a hot seller for them....if they ever get them out of the molds ;-)

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Airfoil Pro question [craigtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone has any further info on this. Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Airfoil Pro question [craigtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had the first one off the production line at the Wildflower expo last weekend. It looked pretty cool upclose. I asked the guy how it rode vs the old KM40 and he described it as "sprightly" (whatever that means). It is definitely lighter. I can't say if it is more aero or not but has a high cool factor.
Quote Reply