Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how to measure actual seat angle?
Quote | Reply
can someone help me out, I scoured some of the info on this site and others about measuring actual seat (tube) angle, relative to the bottom bracket, accouting for seat position. Didn't find much in the way of step-by-step procedures for doing such a thing. I remember seeing a chart that correlated angle with BB offset relative to the front of the saddle, but was somewhat concerned that longer saddles could skew the results.

thanks,
mike
Quote Reply
Re: how to measure actual seat angle? [mpanoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1-level your bike

2-drop a plumb line in the point of the saddle where you seat during a ride

3-measure the distance (parallel to the ground) from the plumb line to the botton bracket

4-measure the distance between botton bracket and saddle (same point where you have drop the plumb line)

5-with a calculator at hand calculate (Distance number 3)/(distance number 4) and with that result calculate the inverse of cosine (this will give you the angle formed by the 2 distances)

This should give you the exact seat angle

my english its not great but i hope this helps

Sergio From Portugal

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: how to measure actual seat angle? [sergiopica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sergio is bucking to be the replacement Slowtwitch mathemetician. His advice is on target, except most people just measure to the middle of the saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The chart you're looking for is on this site.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/techctr/bikefit.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, I've got my bike setup in a pseudo-slam position.. gonna try a 74-75 degree setup. It's a road gemoerty bike, Kestrel Talon.. which I still want to keep in a roadish kind of mode. Too lazy to swap out my roadie handlebars.

mike
Quote Reply