Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

double century
Quote | Reply
have any of you done one? looks like an interesting challenge that could fit into an IM training program.
Last edited by: pat: May 7, 04 6:51
Quote Reply
Re: double century [pat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a little over 200 miles in 12 hours in Sebring, FL a few months ago. I promptly got a cold that wiped me out for a few days, but no biggie. I think it is a good idea just o build confidence about handling distance. 112 doesn't look so long then. In terms of actual physical training, I doubt it is a good idea, but you need mental training too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few of us did the Davis Double last year as part of our IM training. We had done 3 or 4 100-milers before that point and had no problem finishing the distance. Obviously, we went easy the the whole way, but had a great time doing it. I would definitely recommend it.
Last edited by: marc: May 7, 04 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: double century [marc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done quite a few of those...we even do a Team Time trial double century...fun fun fun.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: double century [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a team TT double century..fun? I used to wonder why you were so Campy nazi...now I know...you're bona fide loopy man. Riding in a rotating pace line for 200 miles sounds nuts. But then so did the heart and lung association 12hr run..before I did it. Any time you're looking for another to join your team for 200 miles drop me a line...I'm game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done a few. There is some value in it for IM racing as long as you are prepared for it and it does not wipe you out. In riding a double century, you'll be going for about the same amount of time as it takes you to do an IM. I think this has both mental and physical benefits.
Last edited by: gonzobob: May 7, 04 10:47
Quote Reply