Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

With the Giro about to start...
Quote | Reply
1) Can anyone other than Garzelli or Simoni win? I can't help but think how much better this race will be next year when the Pro Tour starts.

2) If the answer to #1 is no, who fills out the podium? Popyvich? Noe'? Someone new?

3) Will there be any new stories or more of the same? (Garzelli/Simoni battle and Petacchi winning all the sprints)

4) Will Rebellin and Astarloa mix it up? Who gets more stage wins?

5) Will we finally find out the team that is supposed to be riding Rotors during the race?

6) Do you care? Will you be watching?

7) Did I ever tell you guys that I worked out with Stefano Garzelli a couple of times(well, sort of - fairly amusing story)
Last edited by: jaylew: May 7, 04 0:54
Quote Reply
Re: With the Giro about to start... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still new to following cycling and I don't know many names yet but I've been waiting so long for it to start this year.

I'll be watching pretty closely this year. Tell us about you encounter with Stefano Garzelli, I'm sure many of us would like to hear it.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: With the Giro about to start... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garzelli will lead the Giro and it will look like a sure win until he tests positive for something. Then the guy who's in second will have a surprise win. I'm hoping it will be Popo. The guy that REALLy should test positive will be 3rd. This is easy, it's the Giro ;-)

Did I leave out Simoni? It was on purpose :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: With the Giro about to start... [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say that...

today in lequipe.fr they reveal that a judge has an international warrant on Raimondo Rumsas for traffic, possession etc...of doping products.

It's the first time he is directly accused. His wife is also on the warrant...

I think Jacky Durant will take it. He will break away on day, but will not take breaks gaining a lot of time during the night when they are all sleeping.

Then Petacchi will win 5 stages and will stop with some mysterious stomach problem the second day in the mountains, so will Cippo but with only one win.
Which will leave McEwen for the point jersey.

Now, indeed, except Garzelli and Simoni, I don't see anyone taking it.
Quote Reply
Re: With the Giro about to start... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys crack me up. My only prediction is that the winner of the Olympic Games Road race will be a Giro rider who builds fitness now and can take some downtime before a buildup to Athens. The TdF riders, will have a hard time holding their form for almost two months.

Oh yes, Simoni will again spout off that Lance is a wuss for not showing up at the Giro. Simoni will be a stud in May at the Giro and get thumped by Jan and Lance in France in July...when will we see the next Giro-Tour double winner. None since Pantani and Indurain. Is it even possible anymore, or is the Giro too much of a grind for these guys to recover for the Tour.

Dev
Quote Reply