Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Glue VS Tufo Tape Strips
Quote | Reply
I have done 5 races on Tufo tape strips now and I am very impressed. I initially installed the standard strips but those are only to good in cool temps. I went back and and changed to extreme strips as I live in Texas. Once you remove a tire with the strip it is essentially now a spare. All of the tape stays on the cotton, which is good ,as now it is sort of pre glued as a spare. I don't think I would leave it on permanently though, as the adhesion is probably not as strong as a new strip would be. The other nice thing is that all the residue comes off the wheel with the tire and my 303's still look new. Also, no more excess glue everywhere. They are also pressure activated so you do not have to wait a day before using them.
Quote Reply
Re: Glue VS Tufo Tape Strips [j.l.rubin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also used the glue tape on my 404's. This was my first time to mount tubulars and have never used glue so I can't make a comparison. It was easy with the tape though and can't imagine using anything else.

I got mine from all 3 sports in Arizona. The person I spoke with there said that the she uses the regular tape and races in the Arizona heat.
Quote Reply
Re: Glue VS Tufo Tape Strips [jaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been glueing tires for a few years now and finally went to the tape on my current set of RR wheels. I am never glueing a tire again. I got the extreme tape also and run an all carbon rim. I have put only 300 miles on them with many descents on them (WF long course). I cannot tell the difference at all.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: Glue VS Tufo Tape Strips [j.l.rubin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used both. The tape is much easier to use. no muss no fuss.

philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: Glue VS Tufo Tape Strips [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the red extreme tape on my new Blackwell Disc. It was the first time I've ever glued a tubular and I was installing a new 19mm Continental Competition tire, so I really wanted to do it right. It was easy. I highly recommend it to all of those clincher riders who have obsessed over a carbon wheelset, yet have not taken the plunge. Do it! Forget the mortgage, they can wait, and your wife and kids?, like they never missed a meal...please.
Quote Reply