Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar Wearlink HRM Transmitters
Quote | Reply
My Polar heart rate monitor transmitter seems to finally be running out of juice after 2.5 years of solid use, as I'm getting some pretty awful readings lately with it on the same courses.

I'm looking for a replacement transmitter and notice that Polar has a new model they call the Wearlink, which is a soft strap with electrodes built in AND a replaceable battery.

Has anyone tried this yet? How is it?

Here's a retailer's page. Has anyone seen a better price for it?

Aeromon (Aerobic Monster) - Pokomon's evil endurance junkie twin
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Wearlink HRM Transmitters [Aeromon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUMP!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I brought the wearlink transmitter about 2 weeks ago even though my old strap was still functional. It was a great decision.

The strap is much more comfortable to wear. With the old strap I got a few salt burns on my chest from exercising in very hot conditions and the strap moving. The new one doesn't move at all. The strap material is very comfortable.

The strap and transmitter are designed to only go together one way so you can't get it wrong.

Caveat: I haven't tried washing the strap yet so I don't know what it is like afterwards.

dt.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Wearlink HRM Transmitters [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which model did you get?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Wearlink HRM Transmitters [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I already had the S720 polar so I just purchased the Wearlink 31 coded strap. Worked fine out of the box.

Cheers,
dt.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Wearlink HRM Transmitters [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.polardiscount.com has the wearlink for $45.99.

Tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the wearlink is a great upgrade, definetely reccomended over the stock strap. It's a little tough to get unsnapped for removal sometimes but the fit is great and it's away more comfy. Retail is $50 and the whosale isn't much below this so you'll be stretched to find it all that cheap. Make sure you check out the polar website as many online dealers carry no warranty on the products. www.polarusa.com has a listing of banned dealers. Be aware, that in my opinion the wearlink runs rather small. I used an old transmitter with a small elastic strap and I'm not that big but the new one I buy the m-xl size of the wearlink. It comes in xs-m and m-xl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought the M32 for my wife. The Wearlink is more comfortable and harder to snap on/off than the old one, and about the same for getting it to pick up signals. Overall, it looks and feels better than the old style one that I use, which is always sliding around on me.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Wearlink HRM Transmitters [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I just bought the M32 for my wife. The Wearlink is more comfortable and harder to snap on/off than the old one, and about the same for getting it to pick up signals. Overall, it looks and feels better than the old style one that I use, which is always sliding around on me.[/reply]

I understand it has a replaceable battery. What kind does it take? Lithium like a digital camera or watch?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wearlink uses a CR2025, the monitor uses a CR2032. Those are both the coin style lithium watch batteries you can get at radio shack for about $3.00.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my concern with the wearlink is it's water resistant where the standard strap is water proof to 25M. Was anyone used the wearlink swimming?
Quote Reply