Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: With upto $3000 which TRI Bike would you buy? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chad, you're making me nervous. Despite all the measurements I made of your old bike from the ebay picture that tell me it should fit, my biggest fear is that my measurements were inaccurate or that I've miscalculated and it won't fit. I don't know yet as it hasn't arrived yet (hopefully will be at house when I get home today). The wheels did arrive in good shape (one last Friday, and one Monday).

All, if I had $3000, I'd certainly spend it at a good LBS getting a well fitted bike. But if you are on a tight budget, ebay can, with some risk, allow you to get a lot more bike for your money. Besides, I like old things, and for me it will be fun to have an older Cervelo, a P2.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: With upto $3000 which Bike would you buy? [bergman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit is paramount, but it is very difficult to find really great bike fitters. I bought a QR Private Reserve size 55 with 650 wheels on Ebay last year, great bike, but just not quite the right fit. I am really fond of Cervelo's, because of the high amount of adjustbility in their bikes, but one might not find quite the right fit with their bikes. For example, the P2K/P3 in size 55/54 (700/650), doesn't quite fit me right, but it can be made to fit really well. The Dual in size 54 felt perfect and I really liked the slight changes in bike geometry. This is the bike I wanted, but couldn't affor it at that time. Now I wish I had waited and saved a little while longer and got what felt the best. Anyone out there want to trade for a Cervelo 2003 sized 54 for a great condition Quintana Roo Private Reserve, full Ultegra, with Carbon X bars, Carbonaero fork, Dura Ace 7700 wheels (only raced on) and a training wheelset with Mavic CXP21 rims and Tiagra hubs? (both wheelsets have 11-21 Ultegra cassettes).
Quote Reply

Prev Next