Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Additional Question - 13 Weeks To A 1:30 Swim
Quote | Reply
What's your normal stroke count for a 1:30 swim? I'm currently a one speed swimmer at 1:45 with a 15/16 stroke count in a 25m pool. I know I can swim individual 100's at 1:20 with a 18/19 stroke count, but wouldn't be able to aerobically swim that speed for over 200 and some change.....

Just interested, if it's just my aerobic engine which limits my ability to bang out a 1:30 pace over the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Additional Question - 13 Weeks To A 1:30 Swim [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What distance(s) are you talking about?
Quote Reply
Re: Additional Question - 13 Weeks To A 1:30 Swim [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1/2 IM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]What's your normal stroke count for a 1:30 swim? I'm currently a one speed swimmer at 1:45 with a 15/16 stroke count in a 25m pool. I know I can swim individual 100's at 1:20 with a 18/19 stroke count, but wouldn't be able to aerobically swim that speed for over 200 and some change.....

Just interested, if it's just my aerobic engine which limits my ability to bang out a 1:30 pace over the course.[/reply]

TargetGoingLong,

I can berely touch a 1:20 100 yard time, but I can easily swim a 1 hr 30 min 4500 yd time. That's just steady 2:00 100 yd times. At that pace, I feel I can go on for all day without any strain. I usually swim my miles at 1:52-1:54 100 yd pace and feel this is a very easy sustainable pace.

At first I was going to suggest that perhaps you weren't pushing at the end of your stroke, but I think you pretty well ruled that one out with a 1:20 100 yd time. I'm at a loss. Are you windmill stroking? Straight arming your stroke. I think you could benefit tremendously from a short time with a coach.

BTW, 8/9 strokes per 25 yds. Are you counting left arm right arm as one stroke? Complete revolution of both arms is one stroke.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply