Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
jmh wrote:
BLeP owns you.

There's a bunch of us that own him. It's like a crappy timeshare.

Worst. Timeshare. Ever.

So just to be clear you're okay with being the only country to not wait for an independent conclusion before you start funneling millions of dollars to them?

Just to be clear, I didn’t even read the article and am only here to annoy you.

Did you at least read the quotes?
Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:

Can you acknowledge that Israel and the IDF may also have some bias?
Not only can I, I in fact do acknowledge the possibility

Israel and triggering a genocide within Israel’s recognised international borders.
Point of order: So is Israel occupying Gaza even they pulled out 20 years ago and the Palestinian State was the government or is it part of Israel?

Do you object to an open investigation?
Nope, but if you are going to suspend funding until an investigation is completed, shouldn't they wait until said investigation is completed?

See above
Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have misread and misunderstood the section you selectively quoted, out of context, which I believe is an honest mistake on your side.

JerseyBigfoot wrote:
The UN CHR, and the UNRWA in their report, are seeking an investigation, not purely justification to callously hand out more aid to the estimated 1.7 million people displaced, more than 75% of Gaza's population, at grave risk of collapsing Israel and triggering a genocide within Israel’s recognised international borders.
Contrast the aid agencies’ goals of providing food and shelter assistance, against the actions of the IDF. The risk of allowing UNRWA to continue delivery aid, whilst the investigation is ongoing, is not the mass deaths of the Israelis within Israeli recognised territory due to famine, absence of any healthcare, and a populace trying to move from one place to another to avoid being bombed.

The risk of not continuing, is almost certainly at this point, a genocide of the Palestinians within their own territory. Given the stark choice between allowing an investigation of 0.04% of UNRWA personnel to be conducted in parallel and the two outcomes, the question should be why should the aid and financial support cease whilst a transparent investigation is conducted.

I am pleased you support thorough and transparent investigation into UNWRA and also the alleged atrocities conducted by the IDF.
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Mar 9, 24 23:34
Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Is the "again" in the title of the thread a reference to the 1995 Turbot War?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
jmh wrote:
BLeP owns you.

Worst. Timeshare. Ever.

So just to be clear you're okay with being the only country to not wait for an independent conclusion before you start funneling millions of dollars to them?

There were quotes?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
You have misread and misunderstood the section you selectively quoted, out of context, which I believe is an honest mistake on your side.

JerseyBigfoot wrote:
The UN CHR, and the UNRWA in their report, are seeking an investigation, not purely justification to callously hand out more aid to the estimated 1.7 million people displaced, more than 75% of Gaza's population, at grave risk of collapsing Israel and triggering a genocide within Israel’s recognised international borders.
Contrast the aid agencies’ goals of providing food and shelter assistance, against the actions of the IDF. The risk of allowing UNRWA to continue delivery aid, whilst the investigation is ongoing, is not the mass deaths of the Israelis within Israeli recognised territory due to famine, absence of any healthcare, and a populace trying to move from one place to another to avoid being bombed.

The risk of not continuing, is almost certainly at this point, a genocide of the Palestinians within their own territory. Given the stark choice between allowing an investigation of 0.04% of UNRWA personnel to be conducted in parallel and the two outcomes, the question should be why should the aid and financial support cease whilst a transparent investigation is conducted.

I am pleased you support thorough and transparent investigation into UNWRA and also the alleged atrocities conducted by the IDF.

Sp you didn't answer the question about the status of Gaza
Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
jmh wrote:
BLeP owns you.

Worst. Timeshare. Ever.

There were quotes?

Yes in the first post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
jmh wrote:
BLeP owns you.

Worst. Timeshare. Ever.

There were quotes?

of course, there were, man! thoughtful, serious quotes that windy posted in good faith, and shame on you for not engaging him in a serious discussion about geopolitics.

why is everyone so darned mean to him, anyway?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
jmh wrote:
BLeP owns you.

Worst. Timeshare. Ever.

There were quotes?

I find that they're hard to read when you're rolling your eyes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t understand what answer you’re looking for?

You seem to have comprehended I wrote something, which I didn’t write. That would indicate you still misunderstand. That’s starting to look less like an honest mistake on your behalf.

Why don’t you explain what you think I said about Gaza, so I can help you understand what I wrote?
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Mar 10, 24 16:41
Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:

Is the "again" in the title of the thread a reference to the 1995 Turbot War?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War

Quote:
Casualties and losses:
1 British fishing vessel mistakenly captured by French authorities

In honour of the OP’s style… *teenage girl eyeroll emoji*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
I don’t understand what answer you’re looking for?

You seem to have comprehended I wrote something, which I didn’t write. That would indicate you still misunderstand. That’s starting to look less like an honest mistake on your behalf.

Why don’t you explain what you think I said about Gaza, so I can help you understand what I wrote?

You seem to indicate Gaza is part of Israel proper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is incorrect.
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Mar 11, 24 22:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some folks would say duplicity is inherent to effective diplomacy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

The risk of not continuing is, almost certainly at this point, a genocide of the Palestinians within their own territory. Given the stark choice between allowing an investigation of 0.04% of UNRWA personnel to be conducted in parallel and the two outcomes, the question should be why should the aid and financial support cease whilst a transparent investigation is conducted.

Not long now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Share Message - UNRWA: Canada to resume funding for UN agency for Palestinian refugees

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...d-us-canada-68518468

The decision to resume funding was announced in a statement on Friday by Canada's Minister of International Development Ahmed Hussen.

He said the decision was made "in recognition of the robust investigative process underway" into the allegations.

Yet when it was originally announced UNRWA was a hotbed of terrorism he said this:

: “I am deeply troubled by the allegations relating to some UNRWA employees. I have instructed Global Affairs Canada to pause all additional funding to UNRWA pending the outcome of the investigation.” (Ahmed Hussen, Minister of International Development of Canada)

The investigation isn't over yet, so why the change? An upcoming election perhaps?

Israel has yet to provide evidence of Unrwa staff terrorist links, Colonna report says | Israel | The Guardian

Quote:
in March “Israel made public claims that a significant number of Unrwa employees are members of terrorist organisations”. “However, Israel has yet to provide supporting evidence of this,”
Quote:
One of the frequent Israeli criticisms of Unrwa is that its schools across the region use Palestinian Authority textbooks with antisemitic content. The technical report provided by the Nordic institutions, however, found very limited evidence for those allegations.

This story was all over the news when it broke. Have seen very little about the investigation since the report was released two days ago.

Quote Reply
Re: Canada once again at the forefront of duplicitous diplomacy [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
windywave wrote:
Share Message - UNRWA: Canada to resume funding for UN agency for Palestinian refugees

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...d-us-canada-68518468

The decision to resume funding was announced in a statement on Friday by Canada's Minister of International Development Ahmed Hussen.

He said the decision was made "in recognition of the robust investigative process underway" into the allegations.

Yet when it was originally announced UNRWA was a hotbed of terrorism he said this:

: “I am deeply troubled by the allegations relating to some UNRWA employees. I have instructed Global Affairs Canada to pause all additional funding to UNRWA pending the outcome of the investigation.” (Ahmed Hussen, Minister of International Development of Canada)

The investigation isn't over yet, so why the change? An upcoming election perhaps?

Israel has yet to provide evidence of Unrwa staff terrorist links, Colonna report says | Israel | The Guardian

Quote:
in March “Israel made public claims that a significant number of Unrwa employees are members of terrorist organisations”. “However, Israel has yet to provide supporting evidence of this,”

Quote:
One of the frequent Israeli criticisms of Unrwa is that its schools across the region use Palestinian Authority textbooks with antisemitic content. The technical report provided by the Nordic institutions, however, found very limited evidence for those allegations.

This story was all over the news when it broke. Have seen very little about the investigation since the report was released two days ago.

Windy has already moved on to clutch at a different string of pearls
Quote Reply

Prev Next