Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weird popular items in your house
Quote | Reply
I have a rectangular flannel lined sleeping bag - Coleman Brand- bough 25 years ago at Walmart for $20.

It is the warmest coziest thing and people are always stealing it from each other and wrapping up in it.

What weird objects are coveted in your house?
Quote Reply
Re: Weird popular items in your house [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I have a rectangular flannel lined sleeping bag - Coleman Brand- bough 25 years ago at Walmart for $20.

It is the warmest coziest thing and people are always stealing it from each other and wrapping up in it.

What weird objects are coveted in your house?

MešŸ˜
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endless Pool count?

My husband is building me a Finnish style wood fired sauna in our maple barn. That has to be weird and maybe coveted? Saunas are nice.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Chipmunks Sing Xmas Carols

the kids (and husband who introduced it from his childhood) know it very literally makes me grind my teeth

so they leap to play it first thing on Xmas morning, before coffee has kicked in

so i have to suck it up buttercup first thing on Xmas morning
Quote Reply
Re: Weird popular items in your house [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Endless Pool count?

My husband is building me a Finnish style wood fired sauna in our maple barn. That has to be weird and maybe coveted? Saunas are nice.

Iā€™d have to try out the sauna to rule on that ;-)

Iā€™ve always wanted a sauna. We have a hot tub and itā€™s definitely nice to warm up in when itā€™s snowing. Even if my family makes fun of me for wearing a ski hat in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:
Endless Pool count?

Iā€™d have to try out the sauna to rule on that ;-)

Iā€™ve always wanted a sauna. We have a hot tub and itā€™s definitely nice to warm up in when itā€™s snowing. Even if my family makes fun of me for wearing a ski hat in it.

Hot tubs are great. I recently sat in one outside while it was cold out. We were at our friends' house and it was their last night in that house before moving to a new house. Sadly, they couldn't take the hot tub with them. Had the changing-colored lights as well. And cocktails were very nice in the hot tub!

Being off-grid with an Endless Pool (which is a huge energy hog) makes it almost impossible to have an electric hot tub. My husband has talked about a wood fired hot tub. But w/o the jets it won't be the same. Still would be nice outside in the winter!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who gets to read a new book first when we've got something multiple people want to read.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 1, 23 17:17
Quote Reply