Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies
Quote | Reply
I've been a member of this forum 20 years as of a couple weeks ago. I know a lot of you are the same.

It's just freaking weird as hell to be part of a community for that long, and not ever, once meeting in real life a single one of you.

I have birthed, raised, and sent children off to college in that time.

I don't know, just felt like posting this.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right there with you, so much in life has happened in the past 2 decades, but this place has pretty much stayed the same. New actors come, some go, but all the niches are filled with like minded folks that keep most the the dialogue headed in similar directions over the years. There are of course new overlords now, so we will see if they can stick for a couple more decades...
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! We need to have a LR get together.

This May will be 23 years since I met slowman in the flesh instead of just online.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
17 years this spring since I met you and Katy at Alcatraz?
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bt wrote:
17 years this spring since I met you and Katy at Alcatraz?

That sounds about right!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I first discovered slowtwitch I had just graduated highschool. I was intrigued by ironman racing as my favourite teacher was in to it, and I was looking for ways to cross train for rowing. I came here via TriNewbiesOnline.

I turn 40 this summer. One kid in elementary school, and another on the way. It's pretty crazy to think of how long I've been dipping in and out of this forum. Endurance sport really has played a major roll in my life. I met my wife while out for a run!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Jan 30, 23 19:48
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was such a fun weekend. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just over 18 yrs.. Met 2 people who are no longer her. Tom D. and Bernie.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on ST since right before I did IMFL in 2002.

I've met a few in person, especially Thom :)

Most of the people I have met are TNO'ers who came over. I remember going to a ST gathering at IMAZ in 2013 but have no idea who was there.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been here since late 2002, so just over 20 years. I met some forum members years ago at the Rockman Tri put on by RC10. It's been at least 10 years since my last tri, but I've been an active runner. I don't post as much as I once did, but still check the forum weekly.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
14 years for me. I've met/known a few ST-ers over the years, no LR denizens though.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm closing in on 20 years since I created an account on this version of the forum. I'm pretty sure I was around a few years before that, probably 2020 or 2021.

I know a small handful of people here in real life and had a chance to meet Slowman himself a few years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I celebrated my 19th Twitchiversary a couple weeks ago

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
15 years for me. I met a few people from TNO.
Sentania is the only STer I've met. One at IMAZ and once at American TTT.
He used to post a bunch in the main forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
I've been a member of this forum 20 years as of a couple weeks ago. I know a lot of you are the same.

It's just freaking weird as hell to be part of a community for that long, and not ever, once meeting in real life a single one of you.

little under 19 as a member and probably a year or more lurking before that.

I know a few people that have been and or are here occasionally and have met a bunch of people here. One of the bigger gatherings was when Record10Carbon put on the "Rockman" half and many people met at his house.

Also met a bunch of previous TNO people that eventually ended up over here before I got the boot from over there.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Rockman Tri put on by RC10

I was also there for Rockman! My profile says just over 21 years on ST, but I recall the old forum that (I don’t think) had a login/verification system. And it had the format that replies kept indenting, so when it got rolling replies piled up on the right side of the screen.

I also recall meeting with several forum members for IM Wisconsin for the inaugural race in 2002.

And although I don’t remember the year, I did meet Slowman in person at Mrs. T’s in Chicago in the late 90s/early aughts

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

I just checked & we must have registered within days of each other -- Jan 17, 2003 for me. It has been a constant source of amusement & distraction....

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: I've been here for 20 years...heyseus, how time flies [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mopdahl wrote:
Endo wrote:

I just checked & we must have registered within days of each other -- Jan 17, 2003 for me. It has been a constant source of amusement & distraction....

The forum changeover was in very late December 2002 or January 2003

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply