Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shipping a Car [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The dealer cannot/will not ship the car so we're definitely on our own. They didn't mention that either of us would have to be there to sign off on anything.

Montway.com looks very promising, thank you! We've got a couple of quotes for ~$700 so far which seem reasonable.

As soon as the wire transfer goes through, we'll get the final quotes with actual travel dates and hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Thanks for the advice, stories and suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping a Car [toomanycats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toomanycats wrote:
I’ve seen several car posts here , so I’m hoping someone has experience with shipping a car.

My husband is buying an electric car 600 miles from home. He doesn’t want to fly there and figure out how to get it home, so we are going to have it shipped. Aside from doing an online search and asking for quotes, does anyone have any advice for how to choose a shipper?

Thanks!

Most shippers just put your trip on a job board. People going that way will quote the job. Sometimes you get lucky and 1 guy is cheaper cuz he has only room for one more car and he takes you so he has a full load.

Many guys are smaller operations and might only carry 2-3 cars.

They have enclosed or open trailer. Open trailer is cheaper. Expect about $600 for that distance.

Google search car shipping. Find someone that looks reputable. After you submit a quote it will hit the job board and you will get tons of emails and phone calls with quotes.

Be aware they will take zero responsibility for damage to the car.

Take pics of odometer before they ship it.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping a Car [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Take pics of odometer before they ship it.

Last edited by: WannaB: Jan 31, 23 22:32
Quote Reply

Prev Next