Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now Putin is backpedaling. Looks like they called his bluff and won.

Quote:
As to enlargement, Russia has no problem with these states - none. And so in this sense there is no immediate threat to Russia from an expansion (of NATO) to include these countries, But the expansion of military infrastructure into this territory would certainly provoke our response,
What that (response) will be - we will see what threats are created for us

https://news.yahoo.com/...ining-070020609.html
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the funniest tweets ever:

https://twitter.com/.../1525938859195998209

Finnish Murder Aqua Park.....

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

Also kind of exposes the lie that the war in Ukraine is all about NATO expansion.
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Also kind of exposes the lie that the war in Ukraine is all about NATO expansion.

I'm still hoping the first thing Ukraine does when the peace treaty is signed is join NATO, but I suspect Russia will seek some sort of ban on it as part of the peace deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not entirely related but actually a pretty open assessment of Russia vs Ukraine capabilities on Russian state tv….: (I can’t help but think this guy is in a lot of shit)

https://twitter.com/...dpYWAZedOI7Q27DXG1mA

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
(I can’t help but think this guy is in a lot of shit)

I think we can cross that guy off the "who inv might be" list.

Some of his co-hosts were getting a deer-in-headlight look there towards the ends. The one presenter tried to windywave him with a "is willingness to die the same as professionalism" deflection, but that didn't turn out well either.
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Not entirely related but actually a pretty open assessment of Russia vs Ukraine capabilities on Russian state tv….: (I can’t help but think this guy is in a lot of shit)

https://twitter.com/...dpYWAZedOI7Q27DXG1mA

Maurice

Well he laid that out nicely. Can I just say it's ridiculous that a 4 and half minute commentary requires a warning that it's long.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: May 16, 22 14:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Some of his co-hosts were getting a deer-in-headlight look there towards the ends. The one presenter tried to windywave him with a "is willingness to die the same as professionalism" deflection, but that didn't turn out well either.

Yeah the female host was doing her best deflection. I wonder if even those presenters have access to western media and have an idea what is really going on or also have just bought the party line?
Quote Reply
Re: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake' [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Yeah the female host was doing her best deflection. I wonder if even those presenters have access to western media and have an idea what is really going on or also have just bought the party line?

Some are suggesting that this is actually state sponsored truth telling….meaning setting up the domestic population for what appears maybe not inevitable, but a much more likely now (than 8-12 weeks ago) situation of the Russians pulling out.

IE thematically “we tried to help, but the west loves nazi’s” “we tried to do the right thing, but the world is against us”…etc…IE setting up the population for the military failure, but still being able to spin locally that they were in the right/fighting a legitimate fascist/foe (Ukrainian and western fascists etc)

…not sure

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
is actually state sponsored truth telling….

If so, he did a pretty convincing job. Almost stating out loud that the Russian military has lower professionalism and morale than the Ukrainian military.

But if this is state-sponsored truth-telling setting up for the end of the war and a Russian pull-out, tell me where the GoFundMe site is so I can sponsor it as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Some are suggesting that this is actually state sponsored truth telling….meaning setting up the domestic population for what appears maybe not inevitable, but a much more likely now (than 8-12 weeks ago) situation of the Russians pulling out.

IE thematically “we tried to help, but the west loves nazi’s” “we tried to do the right thing, but the world is against us”…etc…IE setting up the population for the military failure, but still being able to spin locally that they were in the right/fighting a legitimate fascist/foe (Ukrainian and western fascists etc)

…not sure

Maurice

Yeah, I had the thought that perhaps this is the beginning of a policy change but honestly not sure if it's setting up for a pull out or for an escalation (i.e. things aren't going well, we need to call up more troops.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
(i.e. things aren't going well, we need to call up more troops.)

He directly undermined that route, though. When he said, "An army's professionalism is determined not by number recruited for professional service, but by the level of training and its morale and readiness to shed blood for the homeland....they intend to die until the last man." And he said out loud, that the notion of Russian contract soldiers being suprior was "dogma." He's sure making it sound like Russia has no hope, even if they throw more soldiers over the border.

If it's 4D chess propaganda, it's awfully good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
(i.e. things aren't going well, we need to call up more troops.)

He directly undermined that route, though. When he said, "An army's professionalism is determined not by number recruited for professional service, but by the level of training and its morale and readiness to shed blood for the homeland....they intend to die until the last man." And he said out loud, that the notion of Russian contract soldiers being suprior was "dogma." He's sure making it sound like Russia has no hope, even if they throw more soldiers over the border.

If it's 4D chess propaganda, it's awfully good.

I agree that it certainly sounds like it's a case of the former and not the latter but I'll believe it when I see it as far as the Russians throwing in the towel.

Of course there's also the possibility he was acting independently or he's part of an "anti-war" cabal within the government that sees the senselessness of it all and the writing on the wall.
Quote Reply

Prev Next