Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven’t done a tri since 2012.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I last "competed" in a tri in 2007, although I still bike and run frequently, and swim when I have the opportunity. When an Olympic distance, draft illegal tri with a $60 entry fee and a cap of 500 entries opens within an hour of my home I'll maybe consider entering (if I can find some tubulars for my 650c race wheels!). In retrospect, I should have sold my tri bike a long time ago...it's sort of an antique now and doesn't get much ride time.
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

That’s why I said it shows that the sport/site has incredible holding power for certain people. You haven’t done a tri in 10 years, but you are still committed to this site. I think your commitment is remarkable and is a testament to something.

If Dan is considering selling this place to Elon Musk so that (a) Dan can put up fences without worrying about LR spats, and (b) it continues to live after he passes from this earth, your commitment is valuable and should be noted by the appraisers.
Last edited by: CallMeMaybe: May 14, 22 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It speaks to my boredom.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It speaks to my boredom.

What do you mean? The whole world bores you and so you hang out here? No, my friend. We are just a sampling of the world. We are just as boring or non-boring as the rest of world.

This place is great because we can meet up & talk. I’ve never spoken with Canadians or Australians or Texans or Floridians or Tennesseeans until I came here. I mean, I might have. But it was just in passing and they didn’t make an impression on me. So, this place is special. We can measure how special it is by the length of time its users have been committed to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That’s why I said it shows that the sport/site has incredible holding power for certain people. You haven’t done a tri in 10 years, but you are still committed to this site. I think your commitment is remarkable and is a testament to something.

If Dan is considering selling this place to Elon Musk so that (a) Dan can put up fences without worrying about LR spats, and (b) it continues to live after he passes from this earth, your commitment is valuable and should be noted by the appraisers.

this site illustrates why elon musk is an idiot savant. his savant qualities are well known. his idiot qualities are expressed in how he thinks twitter should be run. i lot of people warned me against engaging in any moderation of our forums. a lot of people warned me against loose moderation of forums. not that we always get it right.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on it before all the data was lost in the move to this forum.

I did the first IM Wisconsin which I think is 02, I did Mrs t's the summer before, and I was on here before that as i met Dan at the expo.

I'm registered on here as 03 but there was a big IM Cali and first WI groups on here including Tim the nurse and Craig and some others......
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3/3/04. Lurked for a while before that. Started posting when I got banned from that one other TRI forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also that's a really weird way to break up the time.

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2016-2018 = 36 Months
2013-2015= 36 Months
2010-2012 = 36 Months
2005-2009 = 60 Months
1999-2004 = 72 Months

Why Not?

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2015-2018 = 48 Months
2011-2014= 48 Months
2007-2010 = 48 Months
2003-2006 = 48 Months
1999-2002 = 48 Months
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2016-2018 = 36 Months
2013-2015= 36 Months
2010-2012 = 36 Months
2005-2009 = 60 Months
1999-2004 = 72 Months

Why Not?

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2015-2018 = 48 Months
2011-2014= 48 Months
2007-2010 = 48 Months
2003-2006 = 48 Months
1999-2002 = 48 Months

Check out this new poster ripping on Dan in his second post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
MJuric wrote:

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2016-2018 = 36 Months
2013-2015= 36 Months
2010-2012 = 36 Months
2005-2009 = 60 Months
1999-2004 = 72 Months

Why Not?

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2015-2018 = 48 Months
2011-2014= 48 Months
2007-2010 = 48 Months
2003-2006 = 48 Months
1999-2002 = 48 Months

Check out this new poster ripping on Dan in his second post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
September 2011 I registered. I started reading ST in the mid 2000's when I got into half and full IM's. I did not post much on ST until the Australian forum Transitions died.

I was just having an email conversation about that the other day. Whatever happened to Mike Bundy?

I do not know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Only for a subset of certain people. If you mean the site has incredible stickiness in general, that can't be concluded from the poll. It's sticky for people that are here, but that's an obvious statement. There are lots of folks may have browsed, left, never came back. And we know there's others that stayed awhile and are no longer here. All those folks' responses aren't in the poll to be counted.

Dan - Other than a random question out there, is there an answer you're looking for from the poll? Something that analyzing web traffic logs couldn't better answer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It speaks to my boredom.

If you're bored than you're boring

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I’ve got you beat. I’ve never done a tri. I’m an original investor in powercranks and this site was the best PR we’ve ever received.

Joined early ‘09. Lurked for a year or so before that. I am curious as to the purpose of the poll as this data is easily available to the site operators, based in IP. Address changes and VPN’s make finding that too difficult?
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2016-2018 = 36 Months
2013-2015= 36 Months
2010-2012 = 36 Months
2005-2009 = 60 Months
1999-2004 = 72 Months

Why Not?

2019-2022 = ~28 months
2015-2018 = 48 Months
2011-2014= 48 Months
2007-2010 = 48 Months
2003-2006 = 48 Months
1999-2002 = 48 Months

That, and all other technical questions, are slowman questions.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would guess it coincides with registration or unique visitor numbers with those time periods being roughly equal.
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I'd be curious to see the difference between what people report in the survey and what the actual numbers are.

Presumably, the site has data on when people first signed up, and how those dates are distributed amongst active and inactive users. So the answer is known already.

You can see it for anyone, its in their profile.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: POLL How long have you been a Slowtwitcher? ===========> [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a forum where people were registered that predates this format. All members who were on that had to re-register

No idea when the new one started
Quote Reply

Prev Next