Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanksgiving Tradition or Battle of the Perpetually Mediocre
Quote | Reply
Thanksgiving Day football always sucks. Hapless Cowboys vs the hapless "Football Team"ers. Semi-hapless Texans beating up on the institutionally hapless Lions. The one game that had potential (Ravens/Steelers), rescheduled due to COVID.

Does the NFL consider playing on Thanksgiving a reward or a punishment for these teams, because it seems to be punishment for the audience.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Tradition or Battle of the Perpetually Mediocre [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed out loud today when, after Houston scored their 4th (or was it 5th) touchdown, Tony Romo said "Well that silenced the crowd". Then they scanned the empty seats and picked up a Barry Sanders cutout sitting all alone. Yeah he was open and no one could catch him.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Tradition or Battle of the Perpetually Mediocre [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"institutionally hapless"

LMAO, I'm stealing that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey the Lions have already won 4 games. That's success for them

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Tradition or Battle of the Perpetually Mediocre [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
Hey the Lions have already won 4 games. That's success for them

Looks like Calvin Johnson retired too soon. He could have been enjoying this season
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TV set has a button which can be pressed to turn it off. And other fancy buttons that allow you to change the channel.

Hell, I can even connect to the interwebs to find better content such as Dora the Explorer.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And just think ~ one of those 4-7 teams has the inside track to making the playoffs now...
Quote Reply