Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
just jack wrote:
The configurable Bronco model, which is really the only desirable one IMO, seems to be trickling out slowly. I haven't actually seen one in the flesh yet.

I don't believe there are any Ford Broncos out in the wild yet except maybe a handful that Ford are doing roadshows with. Some dealerships will be getting test drive models in the next couple of months. My understanding is the earliest any customer will have one will be July.

I was parked next to a Bronco Sport for my Covid shot today. Really cute- but does look like and escape and a Range Rover had a baby. Doesn’t look super burley. I still have high hopes for the regular Bronco.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

First (new) Bronco that rolled off the line was auctioned off w/proceeds going towards an environmental fund/effort. VIN 001 went for over $1M

https://barrett-jackson.com/...-DOOR-VIN-001-245163
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the 4 door Black Diamond model with the V6 and some other upgrades. I wanted the marine grade interior that I can just hose out. The only models that have that are the Black Diamond or Badlands. I had no use really for what comes extra on the Badlands model for $6K more. Additionally, the Badlands GVWR with the V6 was too heavy to configure it with roof racks for kayaks and such. Not sure what makes it heavier than the Black Diamond.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the "baby" bronco and really like it. Its the badlands edition built more for less technical off roading than the other sport models (suspension, extra GOAT models, ground clearance).

Sport is built on the same platform as the escape whereas the 2/4 door bronco is built for true off roading and body on frame with 4x4. the sport is all wheel drive with the GOAT mode
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I reserved a 4-door Outer Banks model a couple of days ago. Supposedly deliveries will be starting in late Spring/early summer 2021.

Just got this email this morning. If we are keeping score I preordered it in July 2020.

Quote:
YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT
Dear GMAN,

Great news! Your 2023 Bronco Black Diamond™ 4 Door has been built. Right now, we are performing some final inspections on your vehicle to get it ready for shipment. While this could add time to your wait, it ensures that we deliver a vehicle that you can depend on.

Our current estimate for delivery to [Dealership] is be‍tween December 17, 2022 an‍d December 23, 2022.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I already had moved on and bought a new F150 hybrid last year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
I reserved a 4-door Outer Banks model a couple of days ago. Supposedly deliveries will be starting in late Spring/early summer 2021.

Just got this email this morning. If we are keeping score I preordered it in July 2020.

Quote:
YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT
Dear GMAN,

Great news! Your 2023 Bronco Black Diamond™ 4 Door has been built. Right now, we are performing some final inspections on your vehicle to get it ready for shipment. While this could add time to your wait, it ensures that we deliver a vehicle that you can depend on.

Our current estimate for delivery to [Dealership] is be‍tween December 17, 2022 an‍d December 23, 2022.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Do you get your deposit back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Can you still get the Bronco? Those things are unicorns. You could probably flip it for a profit on autotrader.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Can you still get the Bronco? Those things are unicorns. You could probably flip it for a profit on autotrader.

The Ford place I drive by to get to Costco seems to have a bunch lined up in parking lot
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

The Ford place I drive by to get to Costco seems to have a bunch lined up in parking lot

True, but they don’t have the highly optioned out versions everywhere like the style GMAN has on the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

most likely recent deliveries, awaiting customer pickups. Its hard to find any new cars on dealer lots these days.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@ windy: Yes, I will get my deposit back once I turn down the delivery. I already talked to the dealership.

@MOP-Mike: No, I asked my wife if she wanted it and it was a firm no. I can probably make some money off it but it's not worth the hassle. I'll just let the dealership sell it. They have a waitlist.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Dec 6, 22 8:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if you can sell your "spot" to someone. There are some boats (Freeman) that have multi-year waiting list and build spots. People will put a deposit down to reserve a build spot and then sell it once it gets close. I wonder if you could do the same to someone wanting to buy one now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Quote:
We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I think they are messing with you dude. I just checked and this is not a valid VIN. I became suspicious when I counted and saw that it had 20 characters, not the usual 17.

Don't give them any personal information.

You are welcome.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should buy it & drive directly to Carmax & sell it for a profit.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

.. or Carvana. I hear they could use some inventory, transactions, and help.
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

.. or Carvana. I hear they could use some inventory, transactions, and help.

Not Carvana. I would expect their check to bounce.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw one of the Ford Mavericks in the wild yesterday. Nice looking truck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Bronco came in yesterday. Here it was rolling off the assembly line a couple of weeks ago.

Told them to sell it to someone else.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Jan 26, 23 14:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious, what made you change your mind?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably a good choice. There is going to be huge discounting in the car market in the near future. Inventory is already starting to pile up, especially in the used market.
Quote Reply
Re: Ford to Unveil its New Bronco Tonight [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I am curious, what made you change your mind?

Bought a F-150 towards the end of 2021.

Quote Reply

Prev Next