Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Apparently the disease only kills old people, people with health problems and stupid people.

Quote:
I thought it was a hoax

https://myfox8.com/...tending-covid-party/

But it may all have been fake news.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Much of what you say is true, and it's sad that the younger generations will have to pay for all this, on top of the bloated pensions of so many Baby Boomers. But I think there are no shortages of idiots all over the country and of all ages. Many teenagers are acting responsibly, but others are not. I've seen both, and I suspect the difference comes down to parenting.

It also comes down to knowledge and understanding of how this virus spreads, and why you should wear a mask. There is still a large percentage of the population that doesn't get that you wear a mask primarily to protect others. It's like not drinking and driving, vs choosing whether or not to wear a seat belt. Too many people are still thinking their personal choice to not wear a mask is one that ONLY affects themselves, and they think "I'm willing to take the risk."

Most people also still don't understand about asymptomatic spreading of the virus, which compounds the problem. They think to themselves, "I feel fine, so I don't need to wear a mask."

And so on the virus spreads, also because we aren't doing enough testing, the results are too slow and we aren't doing much effective contact tracing.

It all comes from leadership and communication at the top. The correct messaging HAS to disseminate to as many people as possible, via whatever media sources they might read or watch or listen to. That's finally beginning to happen, but look what it took to get there, and there are still many people who will remain too stubborn or ignorant to do what's necessary to get the virus under control.

At the risk of getting into a flame war, so a person making a personal choice about their own body should not be able to make that choice if it endangers the life of another living thing?
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
Apparently the disease only kills old people, people with health problems and stupid people.

Quote:
I thought it was a hoax

Yeah sure, but isn't any party a covid party right now?

https://www.mlive.com/...ashtenaw-county.html
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

At the risk of getting into a flame war, so a person making a personal choice about their own body should not be able to make that choice if it endangers the life of another living thing?

Not speaking for Kay, but the post you're responding to was written in the context of educating people to make good decisions, not eliminating one choice by force.
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Not speaking for Kay, but the post you're responding to was written in the context of educating people to make good decisions, not eliminating one choice by force.

What do you mean "by force"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Law.

Masks are enforceable in public spaces and to some degree private business that the public has access to (stores).

But if someone throws a party in their own house and everyone decides to not wear a mask, not much in the way of law you can do about that. So it's up to education and culture.
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
H- wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Quote:
I thought it was a hoax

Yeah sure, but isn't any party a covid party right now?

https://www.mlive.com/...ashtenaw-county.html

Yes for sure. But as that article demonstrates, if there is a party where there is big spread of covid -- or if someone dies -- there will be some investigation and contract tracing. It won't be some nurse gossip story like the San Antonio story.

I'm not saying that the San Antonio story was false, but I don't put much credence in stories with so little investigation and corroboration -- nor the media that spreads such stories. LOL, the San Antonio story even spread to the NY Times, which apparently now notes in their story that they haven't been able to verify the story and that San Antonio health department has no information about the event.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Law.

Masks are enforceable in public spaces and to some degree private business that the public has access to (stores).

But if someone throws a party in their own house and everyone decides to not wear a mask, not much in the way of law you can do about that. So it's up to education and culture.

Sorry, you and I are talking about different things. I was making an attempt, obviously a poor one, to connect the line of thought that you can't make a personal choice about yourself or your body if that choice puts other lives at risk. There is at least one political hot topic where the argument has always been, its my body I can do what I want with it, even if it means extinguishing the opportunity for another living thing to continue living. Those who are choosing not to wear masks saying its my choice are, it seems, the same general political bent of those who oppose abortion. Those telling people to wear masks because it endangers others seem, to a large extent, to be the same people who support abortion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Really? Another human, sure. Another living thing??? I like to eat meat. That is a personal choice. Living things (like cows, lamb, pigs, chicken) die so that I can eat them.
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Really? Another human, sure. Another living thing??? I like to eat meat. That is a personal choice. Living things (like cows, lamb, pigs, chicken) die so that I can eat them.

My choice of words was to avoid the argument that a fetus or baby in the womb is not "a person".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

My choice of words was to avoid the argument that a fetus or baby in the womb is not "a person".

If you want to avoid that argument, don’t start the conversation because they are inextricably linked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
trail wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Law.

Sorry, you and I are talking about different things. I was making an attempt, obviously a poor one, to connect the line of thought that you can't make a personal choice about yourself or your body if that choice puts other lives at risk. There is at least one political hot topic where the argument has always been, its my body I can do what I want with it, even if it means extinguishing the opportunity for another living thing to continue living. Those who are choosing not to wear masks saying its my choice are, it seems, the same general political bent of those who oppose abortion. Those telling people to wear masks because it endangers others seem, to a large extent, to be the same people who support abortion.

Silly me, I thought you were going with the anti-vax angle here. Carry on.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

I am thoroughly confused.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

I am thoroughly confused.

Don't worry, I am too.
Quote Reply
Re: Man attends COVID party, dies... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More fake news from Florida...

https://nypost.com/...ve-covid-19-parties/
Quote Reply

Prev Next