Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My new bidet is da' bomb
Quote | Reply
I ordered a bidet seat a couple of weeks back. I had been thinking about one for a while (explanation later) so my wife and I decided to get one. I bought the Toto A-100 Washlet. It cost around $300 and took about 10 minutes to hook up.

It has a seat warmer, water warmer, and has several adjustments for position and water intensity. The seat also closes on its own and does so without slamming down.

Their install instructions were useless, so I found a good Youtube video. You should have flexible water line rather than a rigid line in order to install it. Basically, you remove the existing seat, install a mounting bracket, slide the seat on, and then hook up the water adapter. It required a pair of pliars and a screwdriver. Almost anyone could do it.

In the last 2-3 years I have gone from having one all-powerful BM in the mornings to now having 2-3. I would get "chafed" after going that often, so that is what had me thinking about a bidet.

I tested it the last two mornings by going about my business, using it for a few moments, and then wiping to dry off and test for results. It worked extremely well. The first time I used it, I wiped first but that makes it less effective than rinsing first.

I normally wouldn't post a review of something like this here, but did see several people asking about bidets on another thread.

Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone on the other thread asked if it is normal to have an electrical outlet near the toilet. The power cord is 4 feet long. I have an outlet in our water closet (the room where the toilet is) but it wasn't close enough to reach, so I hooked up a power strip. I will probably find a shorter extension cord. Because it heats up the water and seat, it probably needs a medium gauge power cord, not one of the thin ones that is the same type of cord used for lamps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome.

I haven't used one here, but, while travelling, I have frequently encountered basic bidet attachments. Essentially, you get a T fitting, and hose that leads to something like a small spray handle (like something you'd have on your kitchen faucet, but smaller). Hose yourself down, into the bowl, one wipe and you're done, all for under $40 and no electrical outlet needed.

The way we use toilet paper here in the west is truly bizarre, and WAY out of the ordinary compared to the rest of the world.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: LCtriguy1: Apr 3, 20 21:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After living in Japan for two years, I can't emphasize enough that they kick our asses in almost everything having to do with bathrooms for the normal non-luxury home. The bidet/washlet is an awesome thing that I'll definitely be installing in my place when I get back to the US.

The tub I have here is also much better. Bigger, and it self fills at a pre-determined temperature, and then circulates the water, maintaining the temperature in the bath over time. Bathtub and shower are in their own isolated room with lots of space. I also have a wall unit that turns the water heater on or off, so I'm not expending energy the keep water hot 24/7. If I spoke Japanese, I'm sure I'd make use of the dozens of other options on the remote panel that controls the hot water, but I did figure out how to change the max temperature .

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the USA, we probably have the dirtiest asses. I have enjoyed having a clean, fresh out of the shower, behind. I have wondered why it isn’t more of “a thing” here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my Toto for 5 years now and am perplexed why this hasn't caught on. Maybe with the TP hoarding it will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We decided on the k300 a few weeks ago. Still isn’t here but will be soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the club. I purchased a simple attachment 1.5 years ago. People look at me funny when I tell them it's a life changer. I seriously believe it is one of the best purchases I have made in years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Convince a skeptic. I tried one while traveling in Europe last summer. I ended up with a cold, wet ass that still needed wiping. I’m a pretty hairy dude, so that may be a factor.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ask authorization to the LR French resident for this bidet installation?!
Quel culot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's your travel version, when we travel once more:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never used a bidet, but I'm convinced it's the right way to handle a #2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about installing one at home. I use dudewipes frequently at home and work....but I'm thinking at home the bidet is the way to go. Ironically, I've been joking about it more as the TP hording took place.

Sooooo...one question...I'm assuming you still have toilet paper, but only use it to dry your bum when done. Yes?
Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
Convince a skeptic. I tried one while traveling in Europe last summer. I ended up with a cold, wet ass that still needed wiping. I’m a pretty hairy dude, so that may be a factor.

I'm no Chewbacca, but there is some hair back there. The unit I have has buttons that allow you to change the position and intensity of the water. I turned the intensity to full, and then move the position back and forth a few times. I don't think it works as well if you let it spray in just one spot.

I haven't timed myself (what kind of triathlete can I be?) but I probably do it for less than a minute.

Let's put it this way. I would always try to wait to take my shower until after I finished all of my business because I liked feeling clean down there. Now, I feel clean without the shower.
Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I just timed myself. It took 1:18 to get clean. I want to get that down below 1:00. Maybe BarryP can give me a training plan to break a minute. I think I could gain some free time by shaving, so I'm going to ask my wife to shave my butt tonight. I'll post results tomorrow morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Warning: when we all go back to our places of work, you will hate taking a dump there. On the bright side, you can do a quick freshening up as soon as you get home. Enjoy a whole new world.
Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:

trying to work out the angle and not getting far
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a reason I have been saying how nice mine is. I can't remember what the difference was between the A-100 and the C-200. But yeah, these are pretty nice.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the C-200 has the butt dryer and the pre-mist. That seemed to be the biggest difference between the A-100 and the next level up. I figured we would get impatient waiting for it to dry our butts, so we wouldn't use it any way. Either way, they're still worth it.

I used mine maybe an hour ago and I still feel like I took a bath in Ponce De Leon's fountain of youth. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://biobidet.com/products/uspa

I gave this to my husband for Valentines in 2016. I'm sure he thought this was the worst gift ever, BUTT today he is thinking best gift ever.
Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Those look way to much like an electric toothbrush for my comfort. It also looks like something my kid would use In unapproved ways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Installed one (no power near so a simple one) I liked it wife didn't. but it didn't fit our toilet shape well. Got another one, and have never installed it. LOL enjoy

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: My new bidet is da' bomb [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I can figure out a way to get a plug near the toilet, I'm buying one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn you and your squeaky clean ass! I just looked at the link, and now it shows 495.00 for a used bidet seat.

edit: Found and ordered from Wayfair for 339. Thank you for sharing your anal exploits.
Last edited by: dave_w: Apr 5, 20 13:16
Quote Reply