Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Life Insurance
Quote | Reply
Curious if anyone got or upped their life insurance because of the Corona virus. Added $500k to both the wife and I because that was the limit before physicals would have been required.
Quote Reply
Re: Life Insurance [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope really don't need as much as I have on myself. If I go wife will live fine. Kids will get through college.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you up it, does that give them the opportunity to change the terms and conditions? I read insurance companies are now writing in exceptions for pandemics. Renewed my term policy last summer and am making no changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, wife and I both have plenty already.

What is also important is the wife knowing we have it and to cash it if that time comes.
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Apr 3, 20 5:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder if actuaries have factored in our “new world”? Wonder how much of insurance companies assets diminished with the market plunge? Does fine print preclude payouts accompanying this type of disaster......just wondering how all this works?
Quote Reply
Re: Life Insurance [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
If you up it, does that give them the opportunity to change the terms and conditions? I read insurance companies are now writing in exceptions for pandemics. Renewed my term policy last summer and am making no changes.

We still have our original policy which would probably be enough. The new policy is to help cover some of the retirement savings we have lost in the last few weeks until they hopefully rebound and it does not have an exclusion for a pandemic.
Quote Reply
Re: Life Insurance [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:

No. The contract gave you a right to increase the face amount under the same terms and conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Life Insurance [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Wonder if actuaries have factored in our “new world”?

Of course. Future insurance always has the past factored in.

Quote:
Does fine print preclude payouts accompanying this type of disaster......just wondering how all this works?

Typically not. All life insurance is regulated at the state level. So you have 50 different state boards and there can be individual quirks.
Quote Reply