Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pelosi to the rescue!
Quote | Reply
Bwahahhahaa. The last thing we need is for the clowns in congress to start getting involved. I guess Nancy cant help herself.

https://www.cnn.com/...ee-pelosi/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [Pedalsaurus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So she's being pro-active and that you see as a problem?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

Who could possibly think it was a good idea to see where several trillion dollars were going and where we might need to address things in the future? You just hate Trump.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Bwahahhahaa.

BK? Dat you?

Pedalsaurus wrote:
The last thing we need is for the clowns in congress to start getting involved.

Because the WH has handled this so perfectly to date?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Nova wrote:

Who could possibly think it was a good idea to see where several trillion dollars were going and where we might need to address things in the future? You just hate Trump.

You got me. Guilty as charged.

And all this time I thought I was hiding it so well.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same congress different actors that brought us the 9/11 Commission report, the Warren Report and others? You know independent bi -partisan groups of retired non active experts to sort through the facts after the event and come up with corrective recommendations?

Yes the democratic controlled House is working up legislation for an investigative body to be formed. Your thread title while technically true is a bit hyped. After the dust has settled and the dead have been buried it might be nice to know lessons to be learned to improve. Or conversely to know we did everything right and it is wash rinse and repeat for the next time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why do you hate accountability?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Bwahahhahaa.

BK? Dat you?

Pedalsaurus wrote:
The last thing we need is for the clowns in congress to start getting involved.

Because the WH has handled this so perfectly to date?

Say I am firm in my conviction that the WH and all players have acted perfectly without fault, then I would welcome this body of experts to confirm my vision of the truth. Because I can handle that truth. On the other hand if I'm thinking oops, we kinda blew it over here and over there so let's just be done with this mess and sweep it into the graves along with the bodies. Then maybe I don't want to be rescued.

While Pedalsaurus claims rescue, this look into will be after the fact and the rescue may just be for the next pandemic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Republicans: Missing emails must be investigated for years.

Also Republicans: No reason to investigate something that is going to result in a hundreds of thousands dead, a cratered ecomony, or the billions we are handing out to large corporations.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also Republicans: No reason to investigate something that is going to result in a hundreds of thousands dead, a cratered ecomony, or the billions we are handing out to large corporations.

Since the Republicans have so much free time after their latest government bailouts, and it is an election year, maybe they should open another Benghazi enquiry. You can't be too careful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Bwahahhahaa. The last thing we need is for the clowns in congress to start getting involved. I guess Nancy cant help herself.

I love it when an old bag has a plan. Denture lady to the rescue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks DJ 3000

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Same congress different actors that brought us the 9/11 Commission report, the Warren Report and others? You know independent bi -partisan groups of retired non active experts to sort through the facts after the event and come up with corrective recommendations?

Yes the democratic controlled House is working up legislation for an investigative body to be formed. Your thread title while technically true is a bit hyped. After the dust has settled and the dead have been buried it might be nice to know lessons to be learned to improve. Or conversely to know we did everything right and it is wash rinse and repeat for the next time.

Exactly. Do it after. I doubt she has any interest in doing it as a postmortem she appears to want to be relevant in the active management of the crisis. Not congresses job (with some exception for limited oversight as defined in the constitution. The executive branch gets to run the execution. Like it or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not think executive means what you think it means.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi to the rescue! [oroadsm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oroadsm1 wrote:

Did you fail civics class in high school? I’m assuming you are an American which maya not be accurate.

Prez is the Head of the executive branch. Which covers at the federal level essentially all the departments and agencies of the federal government that are not judicial or congressional. What are you confused about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“The White House and congressional intelligence committees were briefed on the scope and threat of the coronavirus in January and February, but President Donald Trump has not stopped exports of key medical equipment – a move taken by at least 54 other countries so far.” USAtoday.

We don’t need no stinkin’ oversight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
oroadsm1 wrote:

Did you fail civics class in high school? I’m assuming you are an American which maya not be accurate.

Prez is the Head of the executive branch. Which covers at the federal level essentially all the departments and agencies of the federal government that are not judicial or congressional. What are you confused about.

And the legislative branch can weigh in, like it or not. Or did you fail your high school civics class?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:

The only logical conclusion they could possibly reach as it was than damn Carrol Baskin's fault!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
gofigure wrote:

Exactly. Do it after. I doubt she has any interest in doing it as a postmortem she appears to want to be relevant in the active management of the crisis. Not congresses job (with some exception for limited oversight as defined in the constitution. The executive branch gets to run the execution. Like it or not.

It will be after . it will be independent of congress. It will be commissioned by congress in legislation and that is congress' job. Hopefully they will be successful. Hell the president can veto as that is his job. Civics class is over. Care to beat this further?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you wait too long some interesting information might start to disappear. Maybe not the big stuff like how in September of last year Department of State (part of the executive branch) stopped the PREDICT program. The program which until then had been highly successful in identifying future potential pandemics including more than 160 novel coronavirus.
Quote Reply