Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: COVID related silver linings [bpcbuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have realized that community does still exist (outside the confines of Costco)
Quote Reply
Re: COVID related silver linings [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Packers still SUCK

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: COVID related silver linings [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today, I was supposed to have been doing a 50-mile gravel event (not a race!) with 4600' of climbs, but it got canceled a few weeks ago because somebody ate a bat or a pangolin.

The silver lining is that it's absolutely pissing down today so conditions would have sucked.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by knewbike [ In reply to ]
Re: COVID related silver linings [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMI dude.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fine
Quote Reply
Re: COVID related silver linings [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm enjoying breakfast in bed every morning

unfortunately it's being slid to the door on a tray, like Sing Sing. I get sprung next week.
Quote Reply
Re: COVID related silver linings [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My oldest has taken up running, and loves it. My youngest has taken up cycling. Neither would have done either before this.

Ran 6 miles with my oldest yesterday. First time I ran any sort of distance with her in her 18 years.

If the rain will hold off, hoping to get a 10-15 mile ride in with my youngest on Saturday. Taught her how to change a flat last weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just found out one for seniors on top college wait lists. Sounds like there may not be as many international students accepting spots for next fall meaning more waitlisted US students might get in.
Quote Reply
Re: COVID related silver linings [TriDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDave wrote:
Just found out one for seniors on top college wait lists. Sounds like there may not be as many international students accepting spots for next fall meaning more waitlisted US students might get in.

That's bad for the schools since international students generally pay full boat
Quote Reply
Re: COVID related silver linings [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, just fascinating to see all the unintended consequences of what is going on. Note few students on wait lists are going to get scholarships so will have to pay full price. But then many families will earning less so more may qualify for need based aid. Etc. Glad I don't have to deal with all that this year and next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I'm currently loving being able to spend more time with the Mrs, since I am now working from home for the foreseeable future.
2. I still tried to dress like I was going to work but slowly the Adidas track pants and sandles w/ socks are finding their way into my rotation, which is a wonderful thing.
3. More time to spend hours cooking and trying recipes that we have wanted to do for eons.
4. Using more time during the day to improve my German (People here don't seem to either understand or like the subtle nuances of the Aussie language) and will be soon try to start learning Italian at the same time.

As bad as everything is, I am enjoying my pandemic time and hopefully I am a better person on the other end of this once it is all over.
Quote Reply

Prev Next