Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What? No rememberance for Pearl?
Quote | Reply
Did any of you have friends or relatives in Hawaii during the attack?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: What? No rememberance for Pearl? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember it every dec 7th, and think about it on the 5th to the 6th too..Used to be able to go over to my neighbor and we would talk about it too, but he left us this year, so just me and you now I guess...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We lived on Oahu--about 03 to 08. Had a house up on Makakilo, above Kalealoah where I worked.

Elderly guy in our weekly Bible study was on Oahu that day. Described the attack with startling clarity. Told us how a family just down from their house were straffed and killed (moving vehicle= target) and how ironic it was that they were Japanese-Americans.

I worked for a general officer who's father had been the "boot black" boy on the USS Arizona. He was known as Arizona Joe. Not being aboard that morning he survived the Japanese attack

My grandfather would never buy anything Japanese and referred to them in the most hostile terms. I've done several exercises with the JSDF and find them very professional and a strong ally in that region.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes.. my wife's parents. Her Dad was on Maui though. Her mom was on Oahu and remembers it as a young child.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So few of the Pearl Harbors vets left. There was a good story in this mornings Boston Globe where there is one still living in RI who is now 101; was a member of the Navy band that was about to play the national anthem that morning and saw the formation of Japanese planes coming. They watched as one of them dropped a bomb, which exploded on one of the Navy ships, and then all hell broke loose.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply