Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lev Parnas
Quote | Reply
This guy is going to need his own thread, as more revelations come about his relationship with Trump and Giuliani, and his role in the Ukraine scandal.

Vicky Ward, a British journalist, has just published a report on CNN detailing how Lev Parnas has been working on behalf of Trump at least since last December, when Trump, Giuliani, Parnas and Fruman held a secret meeting during a WH Hanukkah event. This was reportedly the start of the Ukraine plan.

In February they offered then-president Poroshenko a State dinner at the WH in exchange for an announcement of an investigation into the Bidens.

Things began to unravel as they sought to have Yovanovitch removed and people began to pay more attention to what Giuliani and Parnas and Fruman were up to.

Of course there is money and deals involved too, including funneling money into Trump’s PAC, for which they have been indicted. Reportedly Parnas was fiercely loyal to Trump and very proud of his work, until Trump claimed he didn’t know Parnas and Fruman after they were arrested.

Now Parnas wants to talk, and has offered to cooperate in the impeachment inquiry...

I still stand by my view that Trump will not be the Republican candidate next year.

The new report:

https://www.cnn.com/...n-ukraine/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you’re unaware that AMBASSADORS SERVE AT THE PLEASURE OF THE PRESIDENT!!!!

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
until Trump claimed he didn’t know Parnas and Fruman after they were arrested.

I don't know if he'll not be the GOP nominee, but it's been my prediction that if Trump is undone, it'll be because of the above. He treats his "friends" like shit the very second they're no longer useful to him, and that can backfire.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 15, 19 19:08
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Maybe you’re unaware that AMBASSADORS SERVE AT THE PLEASURE OF THE PRESIDENT!!!!

The gentleman is not recognized. The gentleman is not recognized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am waiting for trump to claim prima nocta at a wedding at one of his resorts. And people defend him “he is president, and it was at his club, it is within his rights!”
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA! Perfect.

Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I am waiting for trump to claim prima nocta at a wedding at one of his resorts. And people defend him “he is president, and it was at his club, it is within his rights!”

Given who your talking about it’s just a matter of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read the story this morning. Pretty much dovetails with everything else that's been reported and with the testimony provided by the witnesses thus far.

Has anything surfaced that would contradict any of these accounts, except Trumpsters' denials? Seems to me the only defense is "HERESAY!" while the WH is blocking the first hand account personnel from testifying. Now I guess the argument against this guy will be that he's a crook and a liar and can't be trusted. I guess that's a benefit of doing crooked business with crooked conspirators...credibility is already in the tank if and when they turn State's witness.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
...Pretty much dovetails with everything else that's been reported and with the testimony provided by the witnesses thus far...

It's amazing how what logical posters on this forum have been saying for years now is starting to come to light, exactly how they said it might

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parnas is purportedly prepared to flip on trump primarily because his feelings were hurt when trump abandoned him because, as we know, trump only cares about trump. It would be poetic if his lack of any character or sense of loyalty is what finally bites him in his fat orange ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since there are two charged would it not be a no brainer for Congress to grant immunity to Parnas on the federal indictments and bring him in to testify while leaving the other Fruman to suffer in court? Parnas may have hurt feelings only to disguise his true intent to avoid criminal prosecution. I am willing to play along.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being discarded by a narcissist is a Traumatic thing psychologically…

chriskal wrote:
Parnas is purportedly prepared to flip on trump primarily because his feelings were hurt when trump abandoned him because, as we know, trump only cares about trump. It would be poetic if his lack of any character or sense of loyalty is what finally bites him in his fat orange ass.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I read the story this morning. Pretty much dovetails with everything else that's been reported and with the testimony provided by the witnesses thus far.

Has anything surfaced that would contradict any of these accounts, except Trumpsters' denials? Seems to me the only defense is "HERESAY!" while the WH is blocking the first hand account personnel from testifying. Now I guess the argument against this guy will be that he's a crook and a liar and can't be trusted. I guess that's a benefit of doing crooked business with crooked conspirators...credibility is already in the tank if and when they turn State's witness.

Well, Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarret gave some reasons to your question. They aren't able to defend which is why you haven't been able to see anything contradictory to the testimonies so far.

https://www.foxnews.com/...ing-he-had-no-choice

“Just look at what happened today: Cross-examination shut down, Republicans can’t call witnesses," Jarrett said on “Hannity".
The president has no ability to defend himself so he goes over everybody’s heads to the American people and social media and issues a tweet.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More reporting that suggests Parnas and Fruman were making an effort to take over state natural gas company NaftoGas. Looking more and more that this was at least as much about money as it was politics. Parnas hires Giuliani for $500m. Firtash also very much linked to them all. And along with Firtash comes Shokin. Firtash hired Parnas as a translator. And we're to believe Trump has nothing to do with this dodgy money trail?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
link?

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
link?

An American energy consultant who operates in Ukraine, Dale Perry, described the efforts to oust Naftogaz's CEO, Andriy Kobolyev, who is known for his anti-corruption reforms at the company. At an energy conference in Houston last March, Parnas and Fruman asked a senior Naftogaz executive Andrew Favorov if he would go along with their plan to oust the company's current CEO and become its head, according to Perry, who is Favorov's former business partner.

"(Parnas and Fruman) basically just flat out said to him, hey, to do the deals we want to do, we were not able to get through to your CEO, and we think that the business needs a new CEO," Perry told CNN.

Parnas and Fruman also told Favorov that Trump would soon replace the then-US ambassador to Ukraine, and that an ambassador more amenable to their energy-business interest would be appointed, according to Perry.

https://www.channel3000.com/...y-company/1143268479
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the break up of the former SSR republics to the present if a resource was involved, then money and government corruption was involved. The game remains who has the cash to buy influence and who has the power to provide the resource. If you were a player then you were dirty. Manafort played and got caught, Parnas and Fruman are indicted and Firtash is avoiding extradition(?). Giulianni worked for Trump for free because he was on the receiving end of Ukraine's natural gas monies. Hunter Biden's employer Burisma bought him for his name and perceived influence. The west wants Russia to be gone for altruistic and monetary reasons.

The players above can be confusing to sort. One thing that doesn't confuse is that trump was not the slightest bit interested in cleaning corruption. It could be that he and some cronies were interested in cashing in.

Parnas will sing to save his bacon. Giulianni is going to spend jail time along with Manafort. Trump's action throughout was perfect and only for the country's best interest and Freedom Gas. Nothing wrong here. Why of course!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serra wrote:
Looking more and more that this was at least as much about money as it was politics.

Well, duh?
Quote Reply