Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Frat antics [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really to many to recount, but one in particular was when an acquaintance of mine streaked a nationally televised ESPN Thursday night football game. This was a long time ago when those stand alone games were still a bit of a novelty.

Stripped in the stands and while surrounded by other brothers so security couldn’t see him moved down to field level. Picked an opportune moment while the teams were huddled up and over the railing and diagonally across the field in all of his, umm, glory. This was a late November game, so shrinkage was definitely an issue.

The destination end zone the escape plan called for had a small hill with a barbed wire topped fence attached to a building, and then a hill with no fence. Unfortunately, they stationed about 10 cops at intervals on the unfenced hill, so the climbing the fence was the only realistic means of egress.

That went about as well as you would expect as he wound up hooked on the barbed wire in the arms and, groinal area. By this point the cops have sauntered over from the hill and are screaming at him to come down because they sure as hell weren’t coming up.

Seeing no other options and mindful that one should always comply with law enforcement, he basically said screw it, let go and dropped to the other side of the fence. That hurt, but left a short sprint to the parking lot where a couple of guys were waiting in an old Toyota van with all the back seats removed. Roll through the open door of the slowly moving van and they were out of there Scott free.

The cops never did make any arrests although it was a very open secret around campus who was involved. After some quick first aid back at the house, the bars and a lot of free beers were calling.
Quote Reply
Re: Frat antics [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Far and away my campus had more issues with the sports teams than the greek houses regarding what is commonly attributed to greek culture.

We had a student housing director that was very anti greek the first few years of my college career, it was amazing what she would do to undermine the good side of the greek system.

My house used to have a very successful canned food drive, we would collect a couple thousand pounds of non perishables for the local food shelf. In stead of partying we were out knocking on doors collecting food for the needy. The school did their best to make it sound like it was a school sponsored event, not a fraternity acting on their own. Eventually they subsumed the thing from us, requiring it be open to all students to participate, he had been using it as an ad hoc rush event.

We were always trying to do work with out national level philanthropy, Habitat for Humanity, but that was a joke, local businesses would pay to sponsor any event that used grunt work. We would get calls from Habitat for Humanity occasionally asking if we wanted to do something, but it required a licensed plumber or electrician.

All of the fraternities had blood drives, the local blood bank had a traveling trophy for the house that had the most pints donated each year. The school would issue a press release about how much blood students at the school raised, never mentioning that it was done by greeks. As soon as something went wrong, the first thing mention was that it was a fraternity.

Nationally, the whole system needs better PR.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Frat antics [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newest one: one Greek house tried to see what they could take out of the library with no one noticing.

They got one of those wooden study cubicles out of there recently. I learned of this today because I had to leave collateral to borrow a trolley cart to move some stuff between buildings for a conference.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next