Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eeeenteresting.... Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dammit! I did it AGAIN! Was sipping a great 16 year Irish with dinner and poured myself 3 fingers of Eagle Rare to take upstairs with me.

YOU CANNOT GO FROM IRISH WHISKEY TO BOURBON!

Dammit!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just scored 3 bottles of Red Spot!

So happy!!!!

PSA - If your local liquor store carries Green Spot and Yellow Spot, they likely received a few bottle of Red Spot for Christmas.

I scored 3 of them!!!

So ... happy!!!

For those who are wondering ... ah, yeah, Red Spot is THAT good!!!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

So happy!!!!

PSA - If your local liquor store carries Green Spot and Yellow Spot, they likely received a few bottle of Red Spot for Christmas.

I scored 3 of them!!!

So ... happy!!!

Depending on state, it depends. When I managed a liquor store in Montana, getting your allocation of red spot or limited editions bourbon could take up to ten years. Same now in Idaho

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! I’ve yet to try Red Spot but have heard good things from those who have. Enjoy!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
JSA wrote:

So happy!!!!

I scored 3 of them!!!

So ... happy!!!

Depending on state, it depends. When I managed a liquor store in Montana, getting your allocation of red spot or limited editions bourbon could take up to ten years. Same now in Idaho

What??? Wow! I've always appreciated liquor stores and cigar shops. They have to sell so much product just to be "entitled" to carry the elusive stuff! Seriously, we consumers truly appreciate what you do! I would MUCH rather support my local suppliers than go looking online.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Nice! I’ve yet to try Red Spot but have heard good things from those who have. Enjoy!

First time I found it was visiting my daughter in London last Christmas. My go-to place said it was nearly impossible to find in the US. Then, during a layover in Dublin Airport, there were rows and rows of it!!!

It is outstanding! As a bourbon "fanatic," I have acquired an affinity for Irish Whiskey.

We were supposed to visit my daughter in Zurich this year for Christmas. But, the travel ban prevented it. Hurting, big time, not being able to see her. So, we are living vicariously via Zoom and remembering last Christmas in London. Best Christmas ever, and I have always been one to want to be home for Christmas.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

So happy!!!!

I scored 3 of them!!!

So ... happy!!!

Wow!. That is great stuff, congratulations.

I scored a bottle of Kentucky Owl today. Waiting to open it when I we can have friends around.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking my 91yo dad up to Northern Michigan tomorrow for couple of days. 7" new snow, and 20'.

We're gonna start with the remainder of Glenlivet 18. Wednesday night we'll finish off a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel, then maybe get to my newest favorite, Traverse City Whiskey's Straight Bourbon.

We'll talk about the weather, the Lord, golf, my mom, how he still ain't afraid of "no Colonovisis"... and how he just might make it another 36 days to his 16th President.

Sla'inte!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW Eagle Rare was the first bourbon I tried and I found it kind of unpleasant/harsh. I recently purchased a bottle of Larceny and have actually been enjoying it a lot. I think because it has more wheat in the mash it is a bit sweeter and smoother. It is worth a taste IMO and only costs <$30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in a purchasing position.
So far this season I got a custom blend of Maker's Mark (not good at all) and I just got Bulleit Bourbon.

I like whiskeys and bourbon but I'm a noob.

I've enjoyed stuff from Honey House distillery in Durango and Rock Town in Little Rock.
I've been taking notes on these threads hoping to find some more available whiskeys and bourbons.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [BIKE3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BIKE3 wrote:
Taking my 91yo dad up to Northern Michigan tomorrow for couple of days. 7" new snow, and 20'.

We're gonna start with the remainder of Glenlivet 18. Wednesday night we'll finish off a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel, then maybe get to my newest favorite, Traverse City Whiskey's Straight Bourbon.

We'll talk about the weather, the Lord, golf, my mom, how he still ain't afraid of "no Colonovisis"... and how he just might make it another 36 days to his 16th President.

Sla'inte!

Enjoy!! And watch out for that "colonovisis".

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moved from Lexington to Dallas back in March. We sure miss doing Distillery Tours every month or so.

If you ever get to Lexington, check out the selection at Cork and Barrel. They have a location in the airport and a stand alone store. They have their own barrel picks, their taste in bourbon and wine is fantastic. Just finished their Pinhook cask strength barrel pick. It was great.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
Moved from Lexington to Dallas back in March. We sure miss doing Distillery Tours every month or so.

If you ever get to Lexington, check out the selection at Cork and Barrel. They have a location in the airport and a stand alone store. They have their own barrel picks, their taste in bourbon and wine is fantastic. Just finished their Pinhook cask strength barrel pick. It was great.

We missed going this year as the Bourbon Bike ride was cancelled. Will definitely go next year. Actually, once the horse farms open up for visiting, I'll head up there to see my Kentucky Derby winning stallion who is now at Spendthrift Farms. In 2019 we only had time to go to Castle & Key (which distills Pinhook). We also ate at The Stave. I'd like to go to Four Roses and Woodford.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Four Roses is very good.

I've been to Woodford 4 or 5 times and it is a good tour but getting pricey at $20 per person I believe. We just got an email this morning regarding a Woodford tasting featuring their Double Double wood selection, it would be fun but at $100 per person I am not sure it is worth that. If you are going to Woodford, keep going into Frankfort and do Buffalo Trace. Buffalo is as good for a tour and it is free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

First time I found it was visiting my daughter in London last Christmas. My go-to place said it was nearly impossible to find in the US. Then, during a layover in Dublin Airport, there were rows and rows of it!!!

It is outstanding! As a bourbon "fanatic," I have acquired an affinity for Irish Whiskey.

We were supposed to visit my daughter in Zurich this year for Christmas. But, the travel ban prevented it. Hurting, big time, not being able to see her. So, we are living vicariously via Zoom and remembering last Christmas in London. Best Christmas ever, and I have always been one to want to be home for Christmas.

Bumping this where Santa left a bottle of Red Spot under the tree at my house. Damn this stuff is good!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Irish Whiskey to Bourbon [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outstanding!

Yep, it is good!

Quote Reply

Prev Next