Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This one is for the Non-Ballwashers
Quote | Reply
Read these articles in their entirety. After which, I want you to tell me if the first CNN piece is an unnecessary, disingenuous, and hyperbolic "hit-piece" on the President written solely to attack him.

https://www.cnn.com/...ign-trips/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/...force.one/index.html

https://www.npr.org/...s-obamas-white-house

https://www.vanityfair.com/...ips-on-air-force-one
Quote Reply
Re: This one is for the Non-Ballwashers [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't mandate me man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’ve convinced me. Where do I line up to wash some ball?
Quote Reply
Re: This one is for the Non-Ballwashers [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
You’ve convinced me. Where do I line up to wash some ball?

You can do mine, but that's only for my pleasure.

No need. I'm not looking for Ballwashers. Just trying to make a small attempt in this little corner of the internet to show that you can be against two things concurrently. You can both call out CNN for being an asshat, without embracing Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unnecessary: In comparison to actual news, sure! I could have lived without the in depth understanding of office going's on at 35,000ft

Disingenuous: Had to look up the definition here just so I would't step on my crank in response. No.

Hyperbolic: Hardly. I suspect were you to be invited on board for a long trip with your boss who was old, cranky, demanding... (I'll stop there so as to not be more hyperbolic) you too would be quoted telling stories of the like.

Here is a dirty little secret: When the boss is held in esteem and respected by all who deal with and work for him/her, then BS,crying, petty whiners are not available to spew forth on all that is not right in the workplace.

It definitely was a better read than the other 3 articles.

Hope this helped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, your TDSDS is strong!

My take is they are all fluff pieces, that most presidents work hard on AF1 and expect their staff to as well, but whereas the staffer interviewed in the Obama piece said she loved her work, though hard, the 5 staffers interviewed who worked for Trump clearly didn't relish the trips.

Are you saying it's fake news?
Quote Reply
Re: This one is for the Non-Ballwashers [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Unnecessary: In comparison to actual news, sure! I could have lived without the in depth understanding of office going's on at 35,000ft

Disingenuous: Had to look up the definition here just so I would't step on my crank in response. No.

Hyperbolic: Hardly. I suspect were you to be invited on board for a long trip with your boss who was old, cranky, demanding... (I'll stop there so as to not be more hyperbolic) you too would be quoted telling stories of the like.

Here is a dirty little secret: When the boss is held in esteem and respected by all who deal with and work for him/her, then BS,crying, petty whiners are not available to spew forth on all that is not right in the workplace.

It definitely was a better read than the other 3 articles.

Hope this helped.

Fair points.

Do you concede I could have written the same CNN story, using the same quotes, from the angle of how Trump never sleeps because he works so hard?
Quote Reply
Re: This one is for the Non-Ballwashers [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

My take is they are all fluff pieces, that most presidents work hard on AF1 and expect their staff to as well, but whereas the staffer interviewed in the Obama piece said she loved her work, though hard, the 5 staffers interviewed who worked for Trump clearly didn't relish the trips.

I'm saying you're too much of an anti-ballwasher to notice that a CNN article with the headline, "Inside Trump's Air Force One: 'It's like being held captive'", is a hit-piece and not a fluff piece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I'm saying you're too much of an anti-ballwasher to notice that a CNN article with the headline, "Inside Trump's Air Force One: 'It's like being held captive'", is a hit-piece and not a fluff piece.

Sure, it's anti-Trump and not really relevant, but I think the point of it is not that Trump works really hard, but rather his staff don't want to go on the trips. It's one of many pieces about Trump staff unhappiness or concerns that have been written in the last 2 years. As Gofigure says, most presidents' staff feel more loyally and don't spill this kind of dirt. When they do, there will always be a reporter willing to listen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell yes you could. You're smart right? But then you would have purposely avoided the negative quotes from staffers who were happy campers for the first couple trips but by now are singing whiny tunes. I assume the quote being held captive to be true. Whether CNN purposely goes out in search of a negative spin office drama saga, or whether you do it, run into it and then choose to edit it out of your final draft is beside the point. The fact is there has been from the get go some unhappy staffers who blab and journalists on the lookout for dirt. I will lay that squarely at the feet of the boss and his leadership style.

Second dirty little secret: Non Ball washers enjoy bad news about Trump goings on. CNN will feed. Fox will do the flip side. But you know that. The difficulty experienced by us non washers of his balls to spread ugly truths about he and his balls is far less than that experienced by those who must praise and suck up to those balls. Ask his staff.
Quote Reply