Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
When my dog dies, I want some one to take me behind the shed and put me down so I can be buried with her.

I'll do it. I don't have a gun though so it might hurt quite a bit.

Fuckin' Canadians, eh... Amateurs!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
JSA wrote:
Nova wrote:
We don’t know what kinda hell that dog would have gone through if it was left in the care of animal control. Poor thing gets to spend the rest of its days in a cage and a concrete floor? No thank you.

Did you read the article? People stepped up to either take the dog or place it with a rescue. There is absolutely no evidence that dog was going to be placed with animal control.

Nova wrote:
I have zero qualms with the wishes of the owner. It shows true love to me. “ I will never let you go alone and unloved, even in my death.â€

That's making one hell of an assumption - i.e., that no one would love that dog after the owner's death. My n=1 case showing the fallacy of that position is posted above.

I have the same case as you stated. Well, close enough.

I did not know that people had stepped up to take the dog. Although nice, it still does not change my mind. People drop unwanted pets off at the. Pound daily. One day they are taking it, the next they are dropping it at the pound.

I hate people. They are mean, pathetic and cruel. Who drops a fucking racco in the middle of the ocean?

You're making an assumption that the dog will have a horrible life without the owner, which is not necessarily true. I volunteer in a municipal shelter and owner surrendered animals happens more often than I care for. But, working with rescue partners , we can place most of these dogs in a new home. They have a chance. Whereas in this case, this dog has no chance. Once it's dead it's dead.
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I commend your ability to bring up a story that many vegetarians will now be commenting on! I myself am not a vegetarian, so I'm not quite sure why I'm posting other than to say thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't support a woman's right to choose?
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
You don't support a woman's right to choose?

Without taking this off the rails, reading a lot of the replies and applying them to an abortion instead of a euthanasia and it reads pretty funny in an ironic kind of way.
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, when did you say that announcement will be made ? :-)

j p o wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Is it better or worse than Karl Lagerfeld leaving all of his millions to a stupid dog?

Fucking dog probably blew it all on cats and rawhide. I don't have kids and I have been contemplating putting a clause in my will will that whoever volunteers to take care of my dogs when I die gets the bulk of my estate. Only to be revealed after people have volunteered. Kind of my way to find out who my real friends are.

As to the OP, it is an amazingly selfish thing to do. The dog didn't suffer, but what is the possible positive from killing it?

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the case. The shelter had a list of people willing to re-home the dog. The dog was healthy. The executor was just an unsympathetic arsehole that could not bend the rules for the greater good. The lady is dead, she would never have known here dog lived out its life with another owner.

I also have a problem with the Vet that killed a perfectly healthy dog at the request of some scumbag lawyer.
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cayenne wrote:
Just reinforcing the issue that no one really know the facts here. So glad you were there to take the dog that you loved. I myself have a clause in our will that will provide $ for the family who takes our dog after we pass so there wont be that burden on a new family. Our current dog will be fine anywhere.

Your dog may not be a financial burden on a family who decides to take it, but that doesn't guarantee your dog a blissful, residual life. In most cases I am sure certain screening procedures can be put in place to ensure that it goes to a loving home and ideally it is pre-planned and agreed with someone you have complete trust in. However as has been pointed out by many in this thread, there are a lot of sh!tty people out there. What is to say the $ is not simply a magnet for a greedy family or even relatives to step up, take the money then neglect the hell out a pet? The fact that there are rescue shelters and thousands of dogs being put down daily attests to the number of unloved animals out there, either coming from families with good, initial intentions or just plain crappy people. Let's not pretend it doesn't happen. Though odds are in this case it could have worked out well, there is not one blanket judgement that suits all cases.

I just put down my 16 yo deaf/blind girl who was showing the first signs of discomfort from a growing tumour. I was fortunate that in her later years my parents were able to care for her during the day and ultimately she gravitated strongly to my father because he doted on her. When we were not around she just slept at the garage door waiting for him (primarily) to come home. If we were to all perish and had no other family, I would not want her stressing out being picked up by some random people that could potentially leave her in a kennel in the backyard. Money is no guarantee she would get cared for; could just buy a new tv for a family.

My thoughts on this are completely different where a dog is loving and either young or completely healthy. Would your opinion change if you thought there was a realistic chance your dog could end up seeing out its days cooped up in a small backyard, rarely taken anywhere and not let in the house? That's assuming of course it isn't subjected to any additional cruelty.

Pet ownership should require an upfront deposit of an amount that can permit a reputable shelter to care for it for a minimum of a year. If your pet is returned or shows signs of neglect within (say) a two year window then you lose the lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Dog Put Down to Join Dead Owner [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is hilarious.
Quote Reply

Prev Next