Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Looks like war in syria [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is claiming "mission accomplished" and that the strike is a one and done, but remember that the last president that claimed "mission accomplished" was Dubya in Iraq and then look what happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [Sunday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday wrote:
Syrias treatment of its people with chemical agents, abuses of women, abuses of gays must be dealt with.

So you're going to bomb the shit out of every country that has abuses of women or gays? That list would include a lot of US allies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess who wrote this?

Quote:
The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? <the President> needs Congressional approval.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s always a tweet.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:
Mattis says this was a one shot deal and the attack is over.

Assad has definitely learned his lesson.

Curious what lesson that is because I’m pretty sure it isn’t the one that scares him from gassing his people again.

What are you talking about? He moved all his shit and then you guys bombed where it used to be.

He’ll never do this again!!

MSGA!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

Curious what lesson that is because I’m pretty sure it isn’t the one that scares him from gassing his people again.

Pretty sure BLeP was sarcastic in that statement.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

I got that part, but thought there may be an actual lesson learned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

I think the lesson is to get his paving crew on notice whenever he uses chemical weapons so that he can repair all the potholes in his runways.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Looks like war in syria [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russia was the one who "certified" the destruction of Syria's chemical stockpiles. Russia should be held accountable if Assad is still using those weapons. But most of NATO chooses to ignore it because they buy their gas and oil from Russia. China will ignore it because they like pitting the U.S. against Russia. And the U.S. will leave Russia off the hook because, well... yeah - our president.

But, the mission was accomplished so move right along now...

Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
trail wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

No lesson learned. Trump blew up some empty buildings.

So much winning.

Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
trail wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

So much winning.

Why were they empty? Did some idiot divulge our plans?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
trail wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

So much winning.

All kinds of messages get sent with strikes such as this one. For one, it's that US and other NATO nation air forces can reach out and hit any target in Syria they'd like, anytime they'd like, and that so-called vaunted Russian air defenses are powerless to stop a US-led air attack. This article is obviously incomplete, because we'll probably never know the full extent of the air penetration and strike packages delivered, but it gives us a better idea of just how effective US and NATO (Britain and France in this case) air power can be. I'm sure Syria and Russia got the message loud and clear. The next precision guided missile or JDAM might land right on top of Mr. Assad's head, in other words.

Politically and strategically, I have no opinion on the strike nor do I really care all that much. It's not going to lead to a widening of the war in Syria and Russia isn't going to do all that much that hasn't already been anticipated. As in the old Cold War, they may start parking Russian troops in likely targets with the expectation that we won't strike them for fear of hitting Russians and not just Syrians. But who knows? None of us are privy to the classified information that makes up the bulk of what is known about the effectiveness, or ineffectiveness, of the strikes.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
trail wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

So much winning.

All kinds of messages get sent with strikes such as this one. For one, it's that US and other NATO nation air forces can reach out and hit any target in Syria they'd like, anytime they'd like, and that so-called vaunted Russian air defenses are powerless to stop a US-led air attack. This article is obviously incomplete, because we'll probably never know the full extent of the air penetration and strike packages delivered, but it gives us a better idea of just how effective US and NATO (Britain and France in this case) air power can be. I'm sure Syria and Russia got the message loud and clear. The next precision guided missile or JDAM might land right on top of Mr. Assad's head, in other words.

Politically and strategically, I have no opinion on the strike nor do I really care all that much. It's not going to lead to a widening of the war in Syria and Russia isn't going to do all that much that hasn't already been anticipated. As in the old Cold War, they may start parking Russian troops in likely targets with the expectation that we won't strike them for fear of hitting Russians and not just Syrians. But who knows? None of us are privy to the classified information that makes up the bulk of what is known about the effectiveness, or ineffectiveness, of the strikes.

So you're saying that there are legitimate reasons to talk about what you are going to do before doing it and you'd have to be a complete fucking moron to say you want to be unpredictable and not let anyone know what is coming?

Of course you want to let the Russians know so they can get out off the way. I doubt anyone wants WWIII over Syria. Killing a bunch of Russians means they have to react, we have to react ...

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All kinds of messages get sent with strikes such as this one.

"Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

Donald J Trump
August 29, 2013
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
All kinds of messages get sent with strikes such as this one.

"Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

Donald J Trump
August 29, 2013

His opinion has evolved.

Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His opinion has evolved.

It's evolved and I people are forgetting that we are not supposed to take him literally.

It's a fair point though. Why should you take the President of the U.S literally?

Last edited by: Sanuk: Apr 15, 18 14:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Mattis was again the voice of reason and caution on the attack and express a desire to get Congressional Approval for the attack . He was ignored.

Quote:
Defense Secretary James Mattis reportedly pushed President Trump to seek congressional approval for last week's missile strikes against Syria but was overruled.
The New York Times reported Thursday that the Pentagon chief tried to rein in Trump, who wanted a swift and decisive strike against the Syrian regime accused of unleashing another chemical weapons attack on its own people.
In a closed-door White House meeting with defense officials last week, Mattis reportedly cited a need for more evidence that Syrian President Bashar Assad carried out the attack and warned of deepening an armed conflict with Russia.
Friday night's targeted strike was a compromise between the two view points, but Mattis failed in his push to get an OK from lawmakers beforehand.
http://thehill.com/...yria-strikes-but-was

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like war in syria [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some war.

Monkey sh*t fights at the zoo are more entertaining.

C'mon Russia. Get your big boy pants on!

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next