Re: Justice Antonin Scalia dead [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
It was entirely rhetorical. Nobody at all believes there's anyone on the Left with the least respect for Constitutional principles.

Some of these comments are highly amusing after four years of Trump abusing the Constitution and near silence from the Right.

Brings back fond memories! Makes you realize we have lost some village idiots. Thank goodness we have some of you new folks to take their place!

You’ve certainly been one of those who’s been very quiet while the Trump Administration has trampled on the Constitution. I often wonder if the Obama Administration had done half the things Trump’s has, how vocal you would have been along the way.

I know you miss me, but, I've been busy. I'll try to keep you company more often during Trump's second term.

I'm sure if the Dems win your workload will ease. Hopefully so, because we miss your sharp legal brain on such matters.

Unlikely. Team Donkey has always been great for business. But now that I know how much you miss me, I’ll make time for you!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Justice Antonin Scalia dead [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Unlikely. Team Donkey has always been great for business.

Well that's weird then, 'coz you were able to find lots of time to post about perceived breaches of ethics under Obama's watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Justice Antonin Scalia dead [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:

Unlikely. Team Donkey has always been great for business.

Well that's weird then, 'coz you were able to find lots of time to post about perceived breaches of ethics under Obama's watch.

There were too many to ignore!

You miss me. You even have a bit of a crush on me. You want me around more.

Message received!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
There were too many to ignore!

that's funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
It was entirely rhetorical. Nobody at all believes there's anyone on the Left with the least respect for Constitutional principles.

Some of these comments are highly amusing after four years of Trump abusing the Constitution and near silence from the Right.

Brings back fond memories! Makes you realize we have lost some village idiots. Thank goodness we have some of you new folks to take their place!

You’ve certainly been one of those who’s been very quiet while the Trump Administration has trampled on the Constitution. I often wonder if the Obama Administration had done half the things Trump’s has, how vocal you would have been along the way.

I know you miss me, but, I've been busy. I'll try to keep you company more often during Trump's second term.

Repeatedly you've said you are voting for Biden. However, you frequently intersperse comments of your desire for a second term for Trump.

Are you still a closet supporter/Trump Curious?

It's weird.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Justice Antonin Scalia dead [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:
LCtriguy1 wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Kay, JSA has developed a thing for midgets. Don't ask. It's worse then it sounds.

I think we all understand that's a low blow, and wish that you'd be a bigger person...

(whistling guy emoji)

Cars, my friend, cars.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Justice Antonin Scalia dead [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Repeatedly you've said you are voting for Biden. However, you frequently intersperse comments of your desire for a second term for Trump.

It's weird.

Show me a post where I claim a desire for a second term for Trump. I'll wait ...

I have not voted for a winning president in 12 years. I am merely expressing the likelihood of a continuation of that trend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

It's weird.

Show me a post where I claim a desire for a second term for Trump. I'll wait ...

I have not voted for a winning president in 12 years. I am merely expressing the likelihood of a continuation of that trend.

Desire might have been an imprecise word choice. I don't think you want a second term for him, but in a weird way you want the benefits of Republican President and to this thread his ability to impact the courts in a conservative manner. And you like to see the Dems lose. So I am not sure what a more precise word might be, but that is what I was trying to communicate. Is that a wrong take?

I get it. You are a Republican. You feel wrong voting for a Democrat. I do too. But what Trump has done and continues to do to destroy our (former for me) party and his attacks on the norms of this nation should be met with nothing less than rebuke.

I don't pretend to know that Biden has this election locked up, but I am surprised that you think Trump's reelection is a likelihood. Best I can tell it, will be very another close one in the EC. Who knows, 6 weeks is a long time in an election year.

And I has been 16 years since I last voted for a winning president, for Bush 43's reelection in 2004. I assume you have a math error and didn't vote for Obama in 2008.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Justice Antonin Scalia dead [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Desire might have been an imprecise word choice. I don't think you want a second term for him, but in a weird way you want the benefits of Republican President and to this thread his ability to impact the courts in a conservative manner. And you like to see the Dems lose. So I am not sure what a more precise word might be, but that is what I was trying to communicate. Is that a wrong take?

I get it. You are a Republican. You feel wrong voting for a Democrat. I do too. But what Trump has done and continues to do to destroy our (former for me) party and his attacks on the norms of this nation should be met with nothing less than rebuke.

I don't pretend to know that Biden has this election locked up, but I am surprised that you think Trump's reelection is a likelihood. Best I can tell it, will be very another close one in the EC. Who knows, 6 weeks is a long time in an election year.

This is a fair assessment. Regarding the election - I dunno, just cannot shake that feeling. But, remember, I was 100% convinced Hillary would win in 2016, so, my "gut feelings" are not worth much.

jmh wrote:
And I has been 16 years since I last voted for a winning president, for Bush 43's reelection in 2004. I assume you have a math error and didn't vote for Obama in 2008.

I don't think I have a math error. I said I have not voted for a winning president in 12 years. Wait, I see it - poor choice of words. I meant to say - over the past 12 years, I have not voted for a winning president. Yes, wording was off. The last time I voted for a winning president was Bush in 2004, so, using proper English, my statement should have been the same as yours above.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:

This is a fair assessment. Regarding the election - I dunno, just cannot shake that feeling. But, remember, I was 100% convinced Hillary would win in 2016, so, my "gut feelings" are not worth much.

jmh wrote:

I don't think I have a math error. I said I have not voted for a winning president in 12 years. Wait, I see it - poor choice of words. I meant to say - over the past 12 years, I have not voted for a winning president. Yes, wording was off. The last time I voted for a winning president was Bush in 2004, so, using proper English, my statement should have been the same as yours above.

Well played. You made me chuckle.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next