Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoot Shoes: Love them or Hate them?
Quote | Reply
Currently run in Asics 2130s and am very happy with them. However, I am thinking of buying a pair of Zoots. Thought I read here one time that Zoots didn't provide much support. Give me your comments good and bad. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Shoes: Love them or Hate them? [Lukester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luv. Light, responsive and easy to lace up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love them. Do most all my running in them(ultra tempo). Always preferred lightweight trainers to any other shoe. Going sockless is hit or miss. TT's no socks up to 90 min run and no problems, the tempo I have to wear socks(defeet speede really thin). Love the sock-like feel, similar to the Nike Hurauches from about 92/93. Kinda expensive, which makes them perfect for triathletes :^)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hate them. The only friggin shoes to give me such terrible blisters, even with socks! And yes, I do normally wear my shoes without socks and have not had a single problem with them.

Run, work, run, sleep, repeat until fast, injured or insane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love them if they fit me right. There just isn't enough room in the heel for me :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
loved em. got almost a full 9 months out of them, too. it wasn't until just recently that they started breaking down and giving me a prob,mainly some blisters on my achilles.

but they did as advertised. used them at Atlantis '08....errr, I mean LP '08, and I never felt like my shoes had becomes sloshy sponges. My bad IM mary time had nothing to do with the Zoots.

I recommend them.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would not buy them. bought a pair, size 14. turned out to be too small need to give them to some bums ob bayshore blvd. the only other shoes that were so bad were pearl izumi. those did not have the level of support of bathroom slippers. brand extension often does not work ---clearly zoot, a fine company otherwise, should have stayed from this
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Shoes: Love them or Hate them? [gmellish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
would not buy them. bought a pair, size 14. turned out to be too small need to give them to some bums ob bayshore blvd. the only other shoes that were so bad were pearl izumi. those did not have the level of support of bathroom slippers. brand extension often does not work ---clearly zoot, a fine company otherwise, should have stayed from this

speaking of pearl izumis, i switched to them this last time from Saucony, to try something new... what a mistake, i hate those shoes, i think my slippers do have more support, my wore out sauconys do!

saucony for life...

Hate 'em. It was the feel for me. Felt like I was running with sections of rebar strapped to my feet. They felt really stiff and clunky. Wore them for about six weeks. My best track workout of the year was the first day after I gave up on them and reverted to my old shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Big fan love them!!!!

http://www.procompression.com - Athletic Performance Socks
discount code ES20 20%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked a guy this weekend at a race if he liked his. He said he hated them because of the carbon middle piece on the bottom of the shoe is rock solid which really bothers the arch of his foot.

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Shoes: Love them or Hate them? [ironjew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely HATE them! I have never had such horrible blisters, and I wear boots all day at work. I tried them with socks and still had blisters. I did not like the way they felt either. I had the zoot's that have more stability to them, however, they just never felt good. I use them now when I go to the beach or if I'm washing my car.
Last edited by: Nick M: Mar 17, 09 18:23
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Shoes: Love them or Hate them? [Nick M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta say Love em. Like the low profile and the low weight. Wore them for a whole Ironman with no blisters so that's okay i guess (i did wear socks).

Would i buy another pair? Probably. But not this year....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love.

first pair of racing shoes that did not yield blisters.

and i think they look cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love them. more support than my nike free's, but still sweet.

light, easy, bad ass like

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love 'em. Light, fast, cushiony enough. I've even run light trails in them, but don't recommend them for trails.
THe new '09 training shoes (Advantage and Energy) are very good as well.

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of the yellow ones when they first came out and I really liked them so I got a pair of the higher mileage blue and white ones and, although they were pretty comfortable, I couldn't run very long in them. I tried on a pair of the new racing flats and they felt great but the price makes my wallet hurt.

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.-Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REI is not carrying them and you can use a 20% off coupon (For members) to try them out. If you go for some runs and hate them, you can return them. Kind of a can't miss deal if you ask me.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll never buy Zoot shoes. Look ugly, overpriced, heavy, force inefficient running. What is the point buying them if you can buy top running shoes from companies like Adidas, Asics, Nike or Mizuno making great running shoes for years? Did you see top runners or triathletes racing in Zoots? I'll stick with Adidas adizero PR - I use them for triathlons and all road races up to a marathon.
Last edited by: easy-rider: Mar 17, 09 20:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The heels look huge. Any idea what the thickness of the heel and forefoot are?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of the yellow Ultra racing flat on sale for $59. I intended to use them for for sprint and oly races this year but
I really don't care for them. I'll use my real racing flats instead, Saucony Type A2s.

I might "expense" these shoes on the dirt road from hell this summer. I just was not too impressed with them for their intended use. They don't appear to be any more barefoot friendly than what I've got now to race in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hate em...I had the racing flats (meant to be worn barefoot) and they gave me terrible blister right before a tri. I run in Saucony fastwitch...barefoot with no problems. But like a saddle, to each their own.

http://www.loopd.com/...pzuelke/Results.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love 'em. One season of Sprints 5) and one season of Olympics (5) in my original pair of Ultras (yellow). Fast in transition, never a blister, always cushy. Not enough support or cushion for off-road or gravel trails, but they work great on asphalt. I train in Gel Kayanos, race longer distances (10 mi+) in Gel Banditos, and race off-road in Inov-8 Roclites.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work” - Thomas Edison, Inventor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's love/hate with me. I love the idea and for my first 2-3 runs they were great. For every run after that though, they'd give me a blister on my arches after a couple miles. With socks they're OK but that kind of defeats the purpose. I've had them for 5-6 months now and every once in a while I give them another shot hoping they'll work out, but it just ain't happening.

For reference I run sockless in the Brooks Adrenaline and Racer ST with zero problems (distances up to 15+ miles).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the yellow racing version and I view them as ho hum, no big deal. On the upside they are light, come with fast on/off laces, drainage holes, and a barefoot friendly inside surface. But when it comes to actually doing the running part, they don't really do much for me (or against me). I have a overall neutral view of them. What I really love are the racing version of the Newton. The first time you put those suckers on your feet and stand up, you KNOW SOMETHING IS GOING ON. If you don't like what's going on with them, then they are not the right shoe for you. Best of luck at the races, Tim
Quote Reply