Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom Tri Short Help - Need Long Inseam
Quote | Reply
My Tri Club is looking to get custom kits made. The only problem is the guys insist the shorts have a long inseam (preferably 11 inches long). We have checked out a few companies already but all the shorts are too short! And I thought women were the picky ones. Also looking for someone to do a rather quick turnaround. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Short Help - Need Long Inseam [stacey44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at LG? Their shorts are too long for me. I'm 5'10" wearing a medium and they are on my knee caps when I tried them on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11" seems ridiculously long to me, but maybe that's because shorts that long would be past my knees.

DeSoto's shorts are nice lengths: M 8.5 L 9" XL 9.5"

The large size were actually too long for my leg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell the boys they don't make tri knickers and make them wear speedos until an 8.5" inseam is acceptable to them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This year, my team ordered LG Shark shorts from their custom catalog. They are quite long (same length as in my profile photo) and even the low-rise, short-short loving women on the team think they are comfortable enough to wear.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work” - Thomas Edison, Inventor
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Short Help - Need Long Inseam [moabbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very cool kit. thanks for the help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of my teammates complain that while the LG shorts are long they can be see through. Has anyone had this problem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure if they are still available, but my all time favorite tri short is the Desoto Power Tri Short. It comes all the way down to just above the knee on me and I have long legs for my height.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have not had a problem with them being see-through, but according to my salesperson, that's was the number one complaint about 2 years ago. According to LG they fixed the problem with a tighter knit and making sure the crotch area is a basic black on all models. I wish DeSoto did custom, but unless they changed this year they still don't. Another you might try is Sugoi, which the AF Tri Team is going with this year. Other than that, Canari is pretty good for bike stuff, but I haven't worn their tri gear. I have tried Champion and Safety, but was not happy with their designs or materials. PM if you want to get into details.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work” - Thomas Edison, Inventor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desoto does do custom!! All of my team kits were done by Desoto two years ago. Custom sublimation on all apparel.
Before that I was ordering custom cut (length) from Desoto for their tri shorts.

Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Short Help - Need Long Inseam [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that would be cool. Post a link! I would love to have some De Soto options!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO DeSoto has the best products, and service, in the business. However, they DO NOT do in house printing. They Do have a relationship with Win Skins (www.winskinsprinting.com) who does an excellent job.

Best wishes,
david

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Short Help - Need Long Inseam [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, now. Between the two of you, who is right? Where's Emilio when we need him?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winskins prints for them on normal desoto styles but Hidden Bay which i believe Desoto now owns (can't remember) does various desoto products in fully custom. HOWEVER if you want the power short in custom it will NOT be the same as the normal power short. Power lycra can't be sublimated as it's a nylon/spandex fabric and you can only sublimate poly based fabrics. The custom shorts are generally not as compressive as the non custom and this goes for the majority of custom companines out there. Non custom is almost always nylon based and custom is poly based. The nylon compression fabrics are for the most part a lot better performing than the poly.

But if you are really interested give them a call to double check as I might be wrong.

The long custom tri shorts thing is a tough one and I think LG is one of the only ones doing it. 11" is a loooooong inseam though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the custom sublimated Desoto clothing I had done was done through Hidden Bay, that is correct. The custom Power Tri shorts are custom only in the length I had cut (no sublimation). I used to race in a shorter version of them which Emilio cut for me, but now race in the regular length version.

Quote Reply