Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Costco Return Policy for Furniture and platform bed rec's
Quote | Reply
I bought a bedroom set from Costco about a year and half ago. About 2 months ago, I noticed one of the rails starting to split where it connected to the footboard. Called Costco and filed a return and got denied. Called them again and found out that the rep was descriptive enough (only said I was unsatisfied and didn't specify problem) and second return filed... and rejected.

Has anyone had success returning furniture to the warehouse? Should I file a BBB report because they won't honor their return policy? There's no mention of time limit for furniture.

I've also been researching platform bed frames and found one for about $100 that got decent reviews (http://www.walmart.com/...m-Bed-Frame/12082083 also at Target). Will probably go this route if I can't return it at the warehouse.

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Return Policy for Furniture and platform bed rec's [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Costco has one of the most lenient policies in the biz but it clearly states that you get 90days from date of purchase. Not sure where you got that 18months is OK to return something for a full refund for no reason. Now they may warranty a product for more time than that, but I think that is a different gig.
I think you are well short of the threshold of filing a BBB report.

Of course this all assumes you ahve not kids or 'eh hem' Adults jumping on the bed ;-)

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Return Policy for Furniture and platform bed rec's [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the 90 days was for electronics. From costco.com:
Returns
Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered curb side, it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.
Please click here for additional returns information.
Electronics trade in: Through our Electronics Trade In Program, powered by Gazelle, you can receive store credit for the current value of your used electronics. Visit Costco.gazelle.com to find the value of your electronics from computers to cell phones, cameras and more, then ship in your items (shipping is free), we we’ll send you a Costco gift card for the total value of your used electronics

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Return Policy for Furniture and platform bed rec's [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, I guess you are right. I suppose it is then at the descresion of the location. I don't suppose you still have the receipt? you might try it and see, or call and talk to a real person. that usually helps.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply