Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [lrcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lrcanuck wrote:

I don't post here very often but all I ever keep reading about is your race results. So I decided to take a look.

What I see is someone that is a good runner but is a pretty weak biker. I have no idea if the powercranks are helping your run or not but they clearly are not helping your bike. Maybe it is time to ditch them and do some traditional cycling? Even if you happened to lose a bit in the run I think that would be more that made up in your bike. Probably time to refocus your training!

I probably shouldn't give you this advice because you're just going to post more and more about your results but at least we won't be hearing about these powercranks.[/quote]

Yep, my bike sucks and always has.

The day I get older folks beating me is the day I will ask what do I need to change. And I have been in the top 20 the last 3 year in the AG with USAT rankings, 12th last year, so yep, I am a real poor athlete.

.[/quote]

I never said you are a poor athlete. For someone that is clearly interested in results you think you would be doing everything you can to improve on them but clearly you're not.

You may also want to go back and look at your results form Edmonton. I didn't see you winning your age group and if you look at one age group up you were beaten by a couple people older than you.

I guess today is that day![/quote]
Yep, my bike was poor at Edmonton. (You did not comment that I had the fastest runs though)

Couple of mistakes at Edmonton. I had the only round tube old crappy bike. But worse, for me, is I rode 175mm cranks, which I know now, for me is terrible.

I was only 2 minutes off the Podium in the Olympic race, with the fastest run. I will take that. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
lrcanuck wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
lrcanuck wrote:
I don't post here very often but all I ever keep reading about is your race results. So I decided to take a look.

What I see is someone that is a good runner but is a pretty weak biker. I have no idea if the powercranks are helping your run or not but they clearly are not helping your bike. Maybe it is time to ditch them and do some traditional cycling? Even if you happened to lose a bit in the run I think that would be more that made up in your bike. Probably time to refocus your training!

I probably shouldn't give you this advice because you're just going to post more and more about your results but at least we won't be hearing about these powercranks.

Yep, my bike sucks and always has.

The day I get older folks beating me is the day I will ask what do I need to change. And I have been in the top 20 the last 3 year in the AG with USAT rankings, 12th last year, so yep, I am a real poor athlete.

I never said you are a poor athlete. For someone that is clearly interested in results you think you would be doing everything you can to improve on them but clearly you're not.

You may also want to go back and look at your results form Edmonton. I didn't see you winning your age group and if you look at one age group up you were beaten by a couple people older than you.

I guess today is that day!

Yep, my bike was poor at Edmonton. (You did not comment that I had the fastest runs though)

Couple of mistakes at Edmonton. I had the only round tube old crappy bike. But worse, for me, is I rode 175mm cranks, which I know now, for me is terrible.

I was only 2 minutes off the Podium in the Olympic race, with the fastest run. I will take that. :)

Sounds like lots of excuses. Who cares if you have the fastest run but still don't win? It is a triathlon, not a running race. If you want to measure against runners, enter a 10,000 on the track and see how it goes.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
copperman wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Just understand the first time you try, you will be humbled.

The internet disagrees with this evidence.

But my race results do not.

Outcome bias. N=1, ignoring a million third variables. The list goes on.

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [jpiik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you need a link to research to observe that all great runners at all distances have remarkably well-developed hamstrings? For several years in university one of my housemates was a guy who rang cross country, eventually qualifying twice for Olympic Marathon Trials. He, all the runners on his team, and every great runner I, you and everyone on this thread has ever seen has well-developed hamstrings.

Water... water... everywhere... but not a drop to drink?
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [TheGuyInDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGuyInDC wrote:
Do you need a link to research to observe that all great runners at all distances have remarkably well-developed hamstrings? For several years in university one of my housemates was a guy who rang cross country, eventually qualifying twice for Olympic Marathon Trials. He, all the runners on his team, and every great runner I, you and everyone on this thread has ever seen has well-developed hamstrings.

I have used like for 10 years, and my running times seem to be okay. :)

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [tdstegner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The snickering, sniveling negativism and bullying on these boards whenever PowerCranks are brought up is astonishing, even when judged against the rest of the Internet... and then there's the character assassination against some guy who is apparently not even allowed on the boards.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe powercranks are so great in helping running [TheGuyInDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Frank!

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheGuyInDC wrote:
The snickering, sniveling negativism and bullying on these boards whenever PowerCranks are brought up is astonishing, even when judged against the rest of the Internet... and then there's the character assassination against some guy who is apparently not even allowed on the boards.

Yep, Yep, and Yep :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This zombie thread REFUSES TO DIE!!!!

Slowman must pay Dave by the click.
Surprised it's not in his signature line by now.
/pink.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
TheGuyInDC wrote:

I found your upgrade to powercranks right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0XrTwLiPY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
TheGuyInDC wrote:

I've not used power cranks for the last 10 years and my run times are awesome.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply

Prev Next