Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [sea.bryan] [ In reply to ]

sea.bryan wrote:
You do realize this is the way the criminal justice system works, right?

It isn't that simplistic. Depends on the crime, past history of criminal, what info they can give up but they most likely won't get full immunity. Real life isn't like the movies you watch.
Last edited by: Ahillock: Oct 10, 12 9:37

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Devlin wrote:
He's already stated it. His confession states that he stopped in 2006 (what a coincidence), and has been actively working to try to stem it since.
John

What happened in '06 related to this?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
Ben no one is arguing that it isn't an effective or even correct strategy given the desired outcome. My original point still stands that those weak suspensions only serve to provide credence to LA's claims of a witch hunt in the public eye and for him that is the only thing that matters.

Witches should be hunted.

If LAs defence was "it's unfair that you targetted me because Hincapie or Landis or Ferreri were really the instigators and the impact of banning them would be bigger" then we could have an interesting philosophical debate.

To my mind though, if you cheat, or in another context commit a regular crime, you open yourself up to the USADA or a prosecutor deciding you're the most valuable target - that you're the witch. As long as that value judgment is based on legitimate goals (cleaning up sort, reducing crime etc.) I have no issue with that. Some have implied the decision to target Armstrong was clearly based on illegitimate goals - personal animus or visibility. I'm yet to see any evidence of that. I'm open to improving "the process" but witch hunting is fine by me.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]

I'll tell the public defenders in my family they got it wrong then.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Devlin wrote:

His confession states that he stopped in 2006 (what a coincidence), and has been actively working to try to stem it since.

For the uninformed, what happened in '06? Barry said he stopped then as well.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]

BDoughtie wrote:
From the cycling news article:

All actively race but ended their seasons in September. Any ban may be backdated meaning if a suspension of six months is ratified then each rider could return to racing by the time of Paris-Nice, next Spring.

LOL, as I've said all along, the way they used the suspensions in order to basically* bust Lance is a laugher to me. They got sworn admitted confessions yet didnt immediately suspend riders, and all this under the guise of "cleaning up the sport". That just sits wrong.
Isn't that an oxymoron?

I often wonder if people who are outraged and disgusted by Lance and his team's behaviour hold similar outrage for Superbowl winning quarterbacks. I'm pretty sure any quarterback who has won the Superbowl relied on a bunch of guys who were doped to the gills. They all remain silent and get a free pass. This must piss off LA.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

BLeP wrote:
Devlin wrote:

His confession states that he stopped in 2006

I have trouble believing this part. Dan, am I allowed to say that? Probably not.

They are free to spin things anyway way they want to make themselves look better then get back to racing next year. A complete joke.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

BLeP wrote:
George will still come out smelling like roses. If he wanted to compete he had to dope. It's what they will all say and it's the truth.

He should. He's dreamy looking.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]

witch hunt? yes. my 1999-2005, 2009-2010 Le Tour DVD's in the bonfire? yes again.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]

I guess they all stopped doping in 2006 so doping is all out of the sport now. I guess Steve Houanard didn't get the message.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [sea.bryan] [ In reply to ]

Read my post again. It isn't as simple as you make it sound. All confessions dont equal same reduction in punishment. Depends on the crime, your role, info you have, who you will give info on, your past criminal history....etc.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [gregf83] [ In reply to ]

gregf83 wrote:
BDoughtie wrote:
From the cycling news article:

All actively race but ended their seasons in September. Any ban may be backdated meaning if a suspension of six months is ratified then each rider could return to racing by the time of Paris-Nice, next Spring.

LOL, as I've said all along, the way they used the suspensions in order to basically* bust Lance is a laugher to me. They got sworn admitted confessions yet didnt immediately suspend riders, and all this under the guise of "cleaning up the sport". That just sits wrong.
Isn't that an oxymoron?

I often wonder if people who are outraged and disgusted by Lance and his team's behaviour hold similar outrage for Superbowl winning quarterbacks. I'm pretty sure any quarterback who has won the Superbowl relied on a bunch of guys who were doped to the gills. They all remain silent and get a free pass. This must piss off LA.

You gotta protect the health of the legions of youth that are coming up into the cycling ranks. No one plays football. It's small time.