Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 757 [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]

Tri or Die wrote:
4. I wonder what NIKE, TREK, BERRY, SPEEDPLAY, HONEYSTINGER, etc have to say. What does Mellow Johnny & Juan Pelota have to say?

Nike:

Quote:
"We are saddened that Lance Armstrong may no longer be able to participate in certain competitions and his titles appear to be impacted," Nike reiterated in its statement. "Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...g-after-usada-report

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [shootthegap] [ In reply to ]

shootthegap wrote:
Well no, this investigation is not focused on them. That's why it is titled what it is. Those two have their own investigations and they chose arbitration. That is why there files have not been released.
The original impetus for USADA's investigation was not Ferrari and Bruyneel involvement.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [chainpin] [ In reply to ]

chainpin wrote:

I'm speaking strictly about the reality of Lance going to jail if he is to come clean, which is very real. not whether it is honorable for him to do or whether it will help cleanup an infested "sport."

Same with Hincapie and the others.

Tri or Die wrote:
Come on SLOWTWITCH?!?!?!?

1. I am only 757 and I don't have much to say. ST should be able to hit 1000 reply's in 24 hours.

2. I will admit: after reading through some of the report, I felt sick.

3. I burned my first USPS jersey last night in a bonfire. I have more LA stuff, but I am releasing my gear slowly.

4. I wonder what NIKE, TREK, BERRY, SPEEDPLAY, HONEYSTINGER, etc have to say. What does Mellow Johnny & Juan Pelota have to say?

5. Can someone track down and find out if any of LA's sponsors have responded?

If anyone doesn't want the gear they have due to the fact that these 12 riders doped please send them to me rather then burn them. I am sure I could make a few bucks selling them on ebay.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [gregf83] [ In reply to ]

$115,618,045 Tiger's career prize money

apples and oranges, not even in the same ballpark
and I thought Carmichael was his coach?:)

Kerry Classen

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [kaclassen] [ In reply to ]

kaclassen wrote:

Kerry Classen

LA has a net worth of $125M so I think it's definitely in the same ballpark. I'm not sure why you're arguing? Many coaches make much more than Ferrari - so what?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]

klehner wrote:
Tri-livin wrote:
I can't say it enough... I believe the guy doped in my heart..

However.. until someone shows me undisputable evidence, I just can't convict the guy.. I need that "without a doubt" feeling.

I hope more comes out today with scientific evidence

I hope I missing a huge section of this report..

I just want closure.. I think we all do... and for me right now that 00.01% is really bugging me.

A security camera catches a guy walking into the Quickie Mart carrying a gun. It shows him walking out five minutes later with smoke coming out of the barrel of the gun in his hand. The police find Apu inside, dead of a gunshot from the same model of gun.

You sound like the lawyer who asks "yes, but where is the evidence that my client shot him?"

I deal with this almost daily and it sucks.

-- Aaron Davidson

dont burn your stuff if you dont want it. I am always in need of some more cycling/gear apparell. I could give to shits about wearing it and what others would think of me for wearing it.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:
I really hope that the UCI crumbles. But I think they're doing damage control right now. The best thing that could happen is that Lance
comes clean and says how he paid the UCI. Doubt it will happen though.

And yes, GH winning in the mountains in front of Pereiro if I recall, was the biggest farce of these years.

I think one of the last cards that Armstrong has to play is to try to strong-arm the UCI into appealing the USADA decision by threatening to come clean and exposing them.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [53x12] [ In reply to ]

53x12 wrote:
chainpin wrote:

I'm speaking strictly about the reality of Lance going to jail if he is to come clean, which is very real. not whether it is honorable for him to do or whether it will help cleanup an infested "sport."

Same with Hincapie and the others.

Yes, but they are insulated because the government needs their help prosecuting the big fish.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

chainpin wrote:

Where in that document is there proof that the money was for EPO/drugs etc?

It is proof that money was trasnfered from Lance to the Dr., but unless I'm missing something there is no smoking gun in those statements.

I thought the same. Also seems a little fishy to me that given the great lengths that LA supposedly went to in order to conceal his doping, that he would pay the doctor advising him on best doping practices by personnal checks and accts.

Tell me one cycling coach who makes $100k a year off of 1 athlete. Tiger's net worth is $500million after his divorce. I'm arguing because what Lance paid to Dr. Ferrari is obscene for coaching.

Kerry Classen

Career net worth and earnings money are different. Tiger's estimated net worth is $600 million. That would not be in the same neighborhood as LA's $125 million.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?

chainpin wrote:

Yes, but they are insulated because the government needs their help prosecuting the big fish.

How exactly are they insulated from the government? USADA is not the government as DOJ would go after them if they thought it was a case worth going after.

Also, why would they need their help? They already have all of these affidavits. They have stated they acted on their own to get access to EPO and use it. Not like LA tied them to a tree and injected each and everyone of them 5x per week.

gregf83 wrote:
kaclassen wrote:

Kerry Classen

LA has a net worth of $125M so I think it's definitely in the same ballpark. I'm not sure why you're arguing? Many coaches make much more than Ferrari - so what?

Tiger's 5 year endorsement deal with Nike signed in 2002 was for $100 million all by itself.

http://www.bobswims.com/

"If you didn't swallow water in your last open water race, you weren't racing"

kaclassen wrote:
Tell me one cycling coach who makes $100k a year off of 1 athlete. Tiger's net worth is $500million after his divorce. I'm arguing because what Lance paid to Dr. Ferrari is obscene for coaching.

Kerry Classen

I think THAT is precisely the point....it wasn't just coaching but product & testing of said utilization of product.

kaclassen wrote:
I'm arguing because what Lance paid to Dr. Ferrari is obscene for coaching.

Not really when you consider he was getting the most uptodate expert and was able to ensure his rivals did not have access to Ferrari. Have to buy the guy out completely so that your rivals don't have ability to use Ferrari as well.

Re: 757 [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

i still have a stack of mint condition USPS PRIORITY mailing envelopes with the two time winner of the Tour on the front and the team on the back from the year 2000....no way am I burning them, they're cool.

sometimes

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]

Ahillock wrote:
denali2001 wrote:
GH is giving up results from May 31, 2004 through July 31, 2006.

He admits to doping with EPO back in 1996. So why not all the way back?

....and why all the focus on Armstrong and the limited punishments on these confessing riders. Looks like most were already doping prior to Armstrong anyway AND most according to their affidavits were involved in doping programs either before Armstrong or separate from his.......from my quick reading most of these guys only knew about Armstrongs doping in relationship to their own and their needs. 6 months is a joke!!

kaclassen wrote:
Is this the kind of money you coaches make?:)
Total $1,029,754.31

Kerry Classen

That's the ballpark of mike price, coach of utep football. I'd argue my athletes do at least as good :)

But for that price I'd clean my athletes bikes.

kaclassen wrote:

Kerry Classen
You obviously don't have much respect for coaches. Personally, I would have no problem paying a coach 100k if I was making $10m+/yr. You sound like the guy who isn't sure whether he want's the $100/hr or the $1000/hr brain surgeon. I'll take the $1000/hr guy every time.

The reality was Ferrari was a very knowledgeable cycling coach and the fees LA paid would have been good value even if there was no doping going on.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]

If you read the entire deposition lance made, yes they do contradict each other and yes he lied about it.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Under oath.

Suffer Well.

As an athlete who was coached by one of the greatest triathletes of all time Scott Molina, I have huge respect for coaches. By the way Scott charges $375 a month for very good coaching. When the payments are WAY above the industry norm there is something fishy. Have you been able to show me proof that a lot of cycling coaches make 100k per year per athlete? Also for 2-3 years of those 10 that Lance paid Dr. Ferrari he was retired so it's really more than $100k a year.

Kerry Classen

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

E=H2O wrote:
Prie0065 wrote:

Is it possible there are two definitions of "guilty"? No possitive tests, no...
physical proof...so not guility? However, pages upon pages of quotations, association, etc...Guilt by association or probability? The evidence skews toward the probability, yet in my scientific mind...I must go with physical tangible evidence.

If witness testimony was inadequate to convict someone, our jails would be nearly empty.

If everyone had 'the best attorney in town', our jails would be nealy empty. Just saying. Legal systems are always about money...

Prev Next