Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [53x12] [ In reply to ]

Yeah, but have you removed your butt plug yet?

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [kaclassen] [ In reply to ]

kaclassen wrote:
Is this the kind of money you coaches make?:)
Total $1,029,754.31

Kerry Classen

You get what you pay for.

Suffer Well.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

pattersonpaul wrote:
posted something about how Eddie Merckx was caught doping back in the day. There was not one reply to his post. Nobody wanted to see it.

He was caught doping 3 times:

1969 Giro d'Italia
1973 Giro di Lombardia
1977 Fleche Wallonne

kaclassen wrote:
Total $1,029,754.31

Kerry Classen

I think that's a pretty reasonable sum for the coach of a 7 time tdf champ. It's probably less than Tiger paid his caddy during the same period.

edit: Actually Steve Woods made more than that in one year for carrying Tiger's clubs so I think Ferrari was a bargain.
Last edited by: gregf83: Oct 11, 12 9:26

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [rhys] [ In reply to ]

rhys wrote:

get on 60 Minutes and apologize. Own it. Tell why. done.

won't happen though. ego.

+1

http://www.bobswims.com/

"If you didn't swallow water in your last open water race, you weren't racing"

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [gregf83] [ In reply to ]

gregf83 wrote:
kaclassen wrote:

Total $1,029,754.31

Kerry Classen

I think that's a pretty reasonable sum for the coach of a 7 time tdf champ. It's probably less than Tiger paid his caddy during the same period.

I don't think Tiger's caddy was caddying for whole team(s) of golfers and getting paid separately by each of them.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

E=H2O wrote:
rhys wrote:

get on 60 Minutes and apologize. Own it. Tell why. done.

won't happen though. ego.

+1

The problem with that is that if Lance admits to doping he will also have to admit to trafficking, which puts him in legal jeopardy.

He can't go on and tell half truths, and he can't tell the truth or he goes to jail.

If he was smart he would just shut his pie hole.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

You forgot to put that in pink

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Tri-livin] [ In reply to ]

Tri-livin wrote:
I can't say it enough... I believe the guy doped in my heart..

However.. until someone shows me undisputable evidence, I just can't convict the guy.. I need that "without a doubt" feeling.

I hope more comes out today with scientific evidence

I hope I missing a huge section of this report..

I just want closure.. I think we all do... and for me right now that 00.01% is really bugging me.

A security camera catches a guy walking into the Quickie Mart carrying a gun. It shows him walking out five minutes later with smoke coming out of the barrel of the gun in his hand. The police find Apu inside, dead of a gunshot from the same model of gun.

You sound like the lawyer who asks "yes, but where is the evidence that my client shot him?"

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [pick6] [ In reply to ]

pick6 wrote:
pattersonpaul wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Francois wrote:
I love how pathetic fanboys try to steer the conversation away from the biggest cheat of all time in cycling...

Who's is talking about Eddie Merckx? I thought this was about LA.

I remember a few years ago Tom Demberly (sp?) posted something about how Eddie Merckx was caught doping back in the day.
There was not one reply to his post. Nobody wanted to see it.

I wasn't a member then, but it's public knowledge he got popped 3 times. Twice he fought the 3rd time, he said "yep, I was doping". Merckx is Lance's idol, and he did the one thing Lance doesn't seem to be capable of doing, tell the truth about his cheating. To me, that puts merckx above Lance, even if he said he was forced to cheat because it was the only way to win.

Well that's nice, that you think Merckx is above Lance. Merckx won more professional bike races than anyone in history, got caught doping 3 times. I would say that makes him the biggest cheater of all time. Sorry but just because he came clean finally doesn't change a thing. Why didn't they take all his victories and give him a lifetime ban from the sport? Here is a little list of the biggest cheater ever in cycling accomplishments.

• Most career victories by a professional cyclist: 525.
  • Most victories in one season: 54.
  • Most stage victories in the Tour de France: 34.
  • Most stage victories in one Tour de France: 8, in 1970 and 1974 (shared with Charles Pélissier in 1930 and Freddy Maertens in 1976).
  • Most days with the yellow jersey in the Tour de France: 96.
  • The only cyclist to have won the general classification, points classification and mountains classification in the same Tour de France (1969).
  • Most victories in classics: 28.
  • Most victories in one single classic: 7 (in Milan – San Remo).
  • Most victories in Grand Tours: 11

•  
    Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

E=H2O wrote:
    gregf83 wrote:
    kaclassen wrote:

Total $1,029,754.31

Kerry Classen

I don't think Tiger's caddy was caddying for whole team(s) of golfers and getting paid separately by each of them.
    I had a quick look at the financial affidavits and it looked like the bulk of Ferrari's income was from LA. Regardless it doesn't change my comment on whether Ferrari's fee was reasonable.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [rhys] [ In reply to ]

But the general public doesnt care whether Lance doped or not. So it probaly is ego, but it's also kinda pointless. If he apologies or doesnt apologize, what is the big difference? He'll still be a lying doper, who is banned or that's what people will say he is. We'll all say, "well he's only apologizing because he got caught, blah blah blah".

------------------
    @brooksdoughtie
    USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
    http://www.aomultisport.com

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]

"There is already evidence of lying under oath since he swore to have cut all ties with Ferrari in 04, and there are payments made in 06. "

Playing the devil's advocate, those 2 statements do not necessarily contradict themselves. He could have resumed ties in 05...

kaclassen wrote:
    You forgot to put that in pink
    Why? I don't think $1M is an unreasonable amount for a coach to make over a period of years. That's a pittance compared to some college football coaches.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

TD also wrote this gem:

Re: I'm amazed that (PED topic)... [jhendric] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
    "I know for an unimpeachable fact, beyond any shred of doubt, without exception- that Andreu is 100% clean. So clean he actually limited his use of non-banned sports supplements you and I would have no second thoughts about using.

Andreu's rigid, uncompromising adherence to an anti-doping policy is well known and notorious within the pro peloton. It was a significant contributing factor in his decision to leave the sport as a competitior when he did.

He made the decision early on to never use illegal (and legal) performance enhancing drugs because they would have compromised his health, potentially damaged his integrity and he decided it just wasn't worth it.

I hope someday all the cards are on the table, face up. There will be a lot of surprised people."

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [chainpin] [ In reply to ]

chainpin wrote:

The problem with that is that if Lance admits to doping he will also have to admit to trafficking, which puts him in legal jeopardy.

Then Big George is also in trouble:

35- "In 1996 Customs seized EPO that I had with me when entering the U.S. I told them it was medicine, and I was allowed to retain it."

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [chainpin] [ In reply to ]

No. If Lance was smart he would drop the whole Ego/Athlete thing, accept he may have been good, but he got where he was by cheating.

Sure, most of the riders were cheating, but that does not mean that some did not cheat better than others and some did not get a bigger advantage.

More importantly... I think people should be calling for Pat McQuaid's head. No way there was this much doping going on and he did not know. More than likely he, as has been rumored, he appreciated the added profits and prestige of the "drama"

Regardless... He either allowed it to happen, or was so ignorant, blaise or incompetent to allow it to happen.

Can McQUAID and BAN HIM AS WELL!

If cycling wants to TRULY be clean, cut off the head at the top.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]

klehner wrote:
    Tri-livin wrote:
    I can't say it enough... I believe the guy doped in my heart..

However.. until someone shows me undisputable evidence, I just can't convict the guy.. I need that "without a doubt" feeling.

I hope more comes out today with scientific evidence

I hope I missing a huge section of this report..

I just want closure.. I think we all do... and for me right now that 00.01% is really bugging me.

A security camera catches a guy walking into the Quickie Mart carrying a gun. It shows him walking out five minutes later with smoke coming out of the barrel of the gun in his hand. The police find Apu inside, dead of a gunshot from the same model of gun.

You sound like the lawyer who asks "yes, but where is the evidence that my client shot him?"

Add to that: "and the 11 witnesses that saw him shoot Apu testified that they saw him do it.". All just circumstantial evidence.

tiger has also made 10 times was LA has made.

I think what we're all overlooking here is that LA is not being sought after for doping necessarily, but moreso bc he was instrumental in a doping organization on USPS.

Taking down LA, and having all these cyclists come forward is nice, but what they are truly after is Ferrari and Bruyneel, the people who are still in the sport enabling doping to continue.
    The others are no better than LA as they only came forward after being cornered or popped (includes Landis and Tyler). They are all garbage in my opinion.

- Cat 2
    - Training Peaks ambassador

"A good coach will do more for you than a good set of wheels."

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [shootthegap] [ In reply to ]

shootthegap wrote:

I think what we're all overlooking here is that LA is not being sought after for doping necessarily, but moreso bc he was instrumental in a doping organization on USPS.

Taking down LA, and having all these cyclists come forward is nice, but what they are truly after is Ferrari and Bruyneel, the people who are still in the sport enabling doping to continue.
    The others are no better than LA as they only came forward after being cornered or popped (includes Landis and Tyler). They are all garbage in my opinion.
    I read some of the affidavits and I don't get the impression that LA was a ringleader or instrumental in getting GH, Levi and others to dope. They made those decisions on their own. I don't agree the focus of their investigation was Ferrari or Bruyneel.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]

Trirunner wrote:
    "There is already evidence of lying under oath since he swore to have cut all ties with Ferrari in 04, and there are payments made in 06. "

Playing the devil's advocate, those 2 statements do not necessarily contradict themselves. He could have resumed ties in 05...

In the context of the actual depostion they do. Can't be bothered to find it but lawyer grilled him on exactly that nuance and he confirmed he hadn't resumed.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
    Here is what is going to happen. The report is going to come out. The small minority of people like you are going to dance with glee and talk about how much you hate Lance. The larger minority like me will read it and still not really care. The vast majority will have no clue anything happened and keep loving Lance. Lance will keep living his life and not give a fuck.

Exactly. +1000

The focus has been on #7 when 99.99% of all the pro endurance athletes are on a better drug program than he ever had access to. Nobody gives a flying shit anymore, we just want to see a race with the best athletes in it.

Let's do it now. 100% Pro testing and 100% age group podium testing. Almost everyone will fail, guaranteed.

I was discussing #7 with my podiatrist last week as I was getting fitted for othotics. He's #7 fan and follows Kona. Looked to be in great shape for mid 50's..possibly a runner or triathlete himself. He chuckled about about the doping charges. In his opinion many, many of the 40-50 yo age grouper are straight up on the gear. He laughed and said "give me a freaking break."

Do you honestly think that you would not dope when there is tens of millions of dollars at stake.
    Last edited by: WTFoxtrot: Oct 11, 12 9:49

gregf83 wrote:
    shootthegap wrote:

I read some of the affidavits and I don't get the impression that LA was a ringleader or instrumental in getting GH, Levi and others to dope. They made those decisions on their own. I don't agree the focus of their investigation was Ferrari or Bruyneel.

Well no, this investigation is not focused on them. That's why it is titled what it is. Those two have their own investigations and they chose arbitration. That is why there files have not been released.

- Cat 2
    - Training Peaks ambassador

"A good coach will do more for you than a good set of wheels."

757 [ In reply to ]

Come on SLOWTWITCH?!?!?!?

1. I am only 757 and I don't have much to say. ST should be able to hit 1000 reply's in 24 hours.

2. I will admit: after reading through some of the report, I felt sick.

3. I burned my first USPS jersey last night in a bonfire. I have more LA stuff, but I am releasing my gear slowly.

4. I wonder what NIKE, TREK, BERRY, SPEEDPLAY, HONEYSTINGER, etc have to say. What does Mellow Johnny & Juan Pelota have to say?

5. Can someone track down and find out if any of LA's sponsors have responded?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]

Maui5150 wrote:
    No. If Lance was smart he would drop the whole Ego/Athlete thing, accept he may have been good, but he got where he was by cheating.

Sure, most of the riders were cheating, but that does not mean that some did not cheat better than others and some did not get a bigger advantage.

More importantly... I think people should be calling for Pat McQuaid's head. No way there was this much doping going on and he did not know. More than likely he, as has been rumored, he appreciated the added profits and prestige of the "drama"

Regardless... He either allowed it to happen, or was so ignorant, blaise or incompetent to allow it to happen.

Can McQUAID and BAN HIM AS WELL!

If cycling wants to TRULY be clean, cut off the head at the top.

I'm speaking strictly about the reality of Lance going to jail if he is to come clean, which is very real. not whether it is honorable for him to do or whether it will help cleanup an infested "sport."

It would seem that the easy way out would be to just own up to it and move on, but I doubt it is just his ego keeping him from doing that.

And it would take a real man of charater to own up to his failings and embrace legal jeopardy head-on.

What career criminal would ever do that unless they were asked to help land the big fish--Lance IS the big fish!

Prev Next