Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]

heh you'd be surprised what gets said via text message and email. I work in family law, and help people get protection orders against abusive exs etc (equivalent to restraining order in the USA, but really aimed at protecting people from abuse from people they are or have been 'close' to - without going into all the details of who can apply for one), and the stuff that is said via text and email is really quite astounding.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [dontswimdontrun] [ In reply to ]

dontswimdontrun wrote:

For their past sins, most of them had more than two years of results eradicated and a ban of six months. The cases are interlinked - going back to the drug dealers analogy, if the minnows are removed from the streets because they have cooperated, the big fish know what is going on.

Minnows? These names are not small names. These guys are big names with many fancy wins between themselves. Not sure how that should affect anything. Millar paid his dues like he should have. So did Basso. Not sure why these guys should get anything less than 2 years. Not sure why LA should get a lifetime on something beyond the SOL.
Last edited by: Ahillock: Oct 10, 12 18:27

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]

You didn't bother reading Jack Robertson's affidavit, did you?

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/...c+Jack+Affidavit.pdf

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [departed] [ In reply to ]

departed wrote:
eganski wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/six-former-armstrong-usps-teammates-receive-bans-from-usada

You beat me.

Note Hincapie gave up his 2005 TDF stage victory, which was a pretty crappy one at that. And people on this board saying that justice not done by USADA.

It is hard to believe that none of them have doped since 2006. Also where are the bans for the ones the other 5? Does anyone have a link for them?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [camaleon] [ In reply to ]

camaleon wrote:
dwesley wrote:
No one's yet brought up the email thread between LA, Ferrari's son, and Schumi. Toward the end (starting pg. 59 or 60) they start discussing Ironman and what is required to win. Funny that the tri forum hasn't been all over this.

There's also a name of a triathlete, which I won't repeat here. And in case someone feels the need to "out" him - note they just specify his training volume, nothing else.

For reference: http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/JR+Exhibit+A.pdf

that exhibit is a killer...

WOW

What is so damaging in the e-mail thread? What is that 3 years of correspondence and didn't really see anything related to doping. Is this part of the evidence against Lance? It looked like a lot of regular ole training advice.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]

I also am having great laughs at Francois touting his buddies as the bastions of truth who never exaggerated or made talk of LA personal while claiming LA fans always did that

I'm just relieved that you are ok. I thought with the report out you might take it a little too hard.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [sdmike] [ In reply to ]

So... Lance, et al. used their own dollar bills to buy Rx? They used money from their savings accounts to acquire Rx? Johan gave personal loans to riders to purchase Rx? A huge pot of millions of dollars from the USG and no diversion? Again, something doesn't seem to square. I understand that the DOJ had a different mission but... zero of anyone's salary going to Rx? Not a dollar of federal money? Fishy.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [saltman] [ In reply to ]

I know, what pages of the pdf talk about doping. And do the financial payments that were shown (and where in the pdf) say they were for doping?

Don't get me wrong, I think lance doped, but I'm not seeing evidence of it in this pdf (and I'll admit I haven't read the whole thing because I got bored)

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Death by tray] [ In reply to ]

Hey D-bag, get out of here, your kind is not wanted around here. Especially if you can't discuss manners in an appropriate manner.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

Especially curious are the results that some of these guys have had since 2006. If memory serves they have had some of the best results in their careers. The spin is, well the entire sport was cleaner. I don't buy it and frankly I no longer care.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [sdmike] [ In reply to ]

sdmike wrote:
They were not out to proved that lance doped or not. They were out to prove that Postal (tax payer) money was used to buy drugs or other illegal activities. They could not prove that. The feds had a different agenda.

So they couldn't prove that US Postal bought drugs or that they doped. Those are interconnected. Hard to dope if you don't have the drugs. What about all these emails and cross examinations? If these riders admitted to doping, used their salary money that they received from the team (US Postal/government) to buy drugs, I'm not sure what the hold up is?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [ironpsych] [ In reply to ]

If this info was soooo incriminating why did the DOJ drop the case?

You have to compare the terms of reference with the DOJ case. The DOJ were after something completely different.

Ahillock wrote:
Hey D-bag, get out of here, your kind is not wanted around here. Especially if you can't discuss manners in an appropriate manner.

You don't love me, you just love my doggie style.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]

echappist wrote:

The part about "Lt Ferrante told me that the CD-ROM contained true and accurate copies of emails..."?

"Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted, but knows it only from being told by someone."

So to your quote..."I love how Garmin has had this veil of being a team against doping since its creation. Yet they have been this big fraud the whole time. But no, let's point all our fingers at LA because he is so evil and was a jerk to too many people. Cry me a river.
Facts on they have been a big fraud? So Garmin is bad because you claim they are a fraud, Armstrong is proved a fraud for years and years its wrong to point fingers at him.....Kinda confused here

Ahillock wrote:

"Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted, but knows it only from being told by someone."

hahahaha, owned!

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Kenney] [ In reply to ]

Kenney wrote:
Facts on they have been a big fraud? So Garmin is bad because you claim they are a fraud, Armstrong is proved a fraud for years and years its wrong to point fingers at him.....Kinda confused here

Garmin has been proven to be a fraud for years and years now and yet you and others are ok with them getting off with lighter sentences than others. Kinda confused here. Garmin's license should be suspended and the team disbanded.

ironpsych wrote:
This all seems very damning. But it is only one side of the story. If this info was soooo incriminating why did the DOJ drop the case? It "appears" that this case could easily meet "beyond a reasonable doubt". But... it didn't. What's missing in this narrative? Why wouldn't this info hold up under cross examination? Something seems off to me. I'm not a lawyer but obviously lawyers write briefs to lay out a biased view of their case. DOJ lawyers are, I'm sure, very smart. What did they see that we do not?

1) For what it is worth, lots of comments about politicians putting pressure for the case to be dropped

2) For the DOJ case, I believe they had to show the money was used, which is a much tougher case.

i.e. you can try and say that the payments to Ferrari would constitute the proof, but you would have to prove that teh dollars used came from the post office. Not eay

I asked for facts on the years and years Garmin has been proved a fraud.....You gave no answer. .......I asked since Lance has been proved a fraud for years and years it is wrong to point fingers......No answer from you
The riders gewtting lighter sentances than Lance, yes, different culpability, co-operation,, hey no positives right! but they testified. So yes they should get less than the bigger proven fraud

Ahillock wrote:
cwg_at_opc wrote:
No kidding. How can anyone in this day and age think that e-mails would not be traceable or available for future use by any authority?
Arrogance or Naivete(sp)? i don't trust anything that happens over the internet and email for any of my normal financial stuff; this is just pure stupid.

Since when did USADA have the legal authority and capability to look at the "suspects" emails? Not like they can do a wiretap or electronic surveillance. Then the question is asked, how did they get the emails? Well they got it from Frankie Andreu or some other person (fitting what the material is in regards to). The question is how can you guarantee those records have not been changed, altered or manipulated? I doubt FBI/CIA/NSA...etc. was involved with gathering this data. You really aren't asking that question?

I love how Garmin has had this veil of being a team against doping since its creation. Yet they have been this big fraud the whole time. But no, let's point all our fingers at LA because he is so evil and was a jerk to too many people. Cry me a river.

Hey idiot, if someone turned them over, they can use them any way they want.

Carry on with your sad attempt to wipe the egg off your face.

As to my comment to Dan: My problem with him is the way he has stifled negative talk of Armstrong over the years. Now that the curtain has been pulled back, he wants to retool his position. I find that to be a bit disingenuous in all honesty. Lance tried to destroy people's lives to keep his doping quiet. I didn't see that type of behavior from anyone else. Sure, maybe they knew Lance would take care of it for them, but he is the disgusting low-life here. He is the one who used images of people suffering from cancer in his commercial where he lies about his doping and suggests he is riding for them. Lance Fucking Armstrong never rode for anyone but himself. Ever. Cancer patients were the cancer shield. And you and people like Dan helped keep the lie alive. This stuff released today, it isn't surprising to anyone who was willing to pull their head out of the sand many years ago. You are not on that list. Dan is not on that list. That isn't my problem, so don't expect me to see you as anything but a fan of the biggest fraud in sporting history who is too wrapped up in his hero worship to pull his head of his ass. And don't expect me to run around bowing to the writings of someone else who has provided a lot of fodder for that same doping fraud over many years. Sorry, but I am not feeling that charitable today. Maybe I'll drop the sarcasm and vitriol when Wonderboy apologizes, and so do all those who defended them in their thousands of little ways. Till then, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
Last edited by: Death by tray: Oct 10, 12 18:46

ironpsych wrote:
If this info was soooo incriminating why did the DOJ drop the case?

That's a great question. What did the DOJ say about why they dropped the case?

Oh, they said nothing and they announced that they were dropping the case on Friday afternoon immediately prior to the Superbowl when it was sure to get minimum media attention. That reeks of political pressure and interference. I know a few folks who wrote their congressman and the white house, protesting the DoJ's investigation.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Death by tray] [ In reply to ]

Death by tray wrote:
Ahillock wrote:
cwg_at_opc wrote:
No kidding. How can anyone in this day and age think that e-mails would not be traceable or available for future use by any authority?
Arrogance or Naivete(sp)? i don't trust anything that happens over the internet and email for any of my normal financial stuff; this is just pure stupid.

Since when did USADA have the legal authority and capability to look at the "suspects" emails? Not like they can do a wiretap or electronic surveillance. Then the question is asked, how did they get the emails? Well they got it from Frankie Andreu or some other person (fitting what the material is in regards to). The question is how can you guarantee those records have not been changed, altered or manipulated? I doubt FBI/CIA/NSA...etc. was involved with gathering this data. You really aren't asking that question?

I love how Garmin has had this veil of being a team against doping since its creation. Yet they have been this big fraud the whole time. But no, let's point all our fingers at LA because he is so evil and was a jerk to too many people. Cry me a river.

Hey idiot, if someone turned them over, they can use them any way they want.

Carry on with your sad attempt to wipe the egg off your face.

As to my comment to Dan: My problem with him is the way he has stifled negative talk of Armstrong over the years. Now that the curtain has been pulled back, he wants to retool his position. I find that to be a bit disingenuous in all honesty. Lance tried to destroy people's lives to keep his doping quiet. I didn't see that type of behavior from anyone else. Sure, maybe they knew Lance would take care of it for them, but he is the disgusting low-life here. He is the one who used images of people suffering from cancer in his commercial where he lies about his doping and suggests he is riding for them. Lance Fucking Armstrong never rode for anyone but himself. Ever. Cancer patients were the cancer shield. And you and people like Dan helped keep the lie alive. This stuff released today, it isn't surprising to anyone who was willing to pull their head out of the sand many years ago. You are not on that list. Dan is not on that list. That isn't my problem, so don't expect me to see you as anything but a fan of the biggest fraud in sporting history who is too wrapped up in his hero worship to pull his head of his ass. And don't expect me to run around bowing to the writings of someone else who has provided a lot of fodder for that same doping fraud over many years. Sorry, but I am not feeling that charitable today. Maybe I'll drop the sarcasm and vitriol when Wonderboy apologizes, and so do all those who defended them in their thousands of little ways. Till then, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!

Maybe you should read this:

Ahillock wrote:
echappist wrote:

The part about "Lt Ferrante told me that the CD-ROM contained true and accurate copies of emails..."?

It is hearsay that the email evidence is true and accurate copies of the email. They would need to speak with Lt. Ferrante about that. You can't get that from Jack Robertson. The accuracy of those emails is hearsay at this point from what I have read.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]

tranzformer wrote:
sdmike wrote:
They were not out to proved that lance doped or not. They were out to prove that Postal (tax payer) money was used to buy drugs or other illegal activities. They could not prove that. The feds had a different agenda.

So they couldn't prove that US Postal bought drugs or that they doped. Those are interconnected. Hard to dope if you don't have the drugs. What about all these emails and cross examinations? If these riders admitted to doping, used their salary money that they received from the team (US Postal/government) to buy drugs, I'm not sure what the hold up is?

Well once it is in their personal bank, it is no longer USPost money. If there was an account not connected to salaries that instead of being used to buy gas say, but was used to buy drugs, that would be the smoking gun. But no such link was found.
Last edited by: sdmike: Oct 10, 12 18:50

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]

tranzformer wrote:
Ahillock wrote:

hahahaha, owned!

No, that isn't correct. Hearsay is an out of court statement used to prove the truth of the matter asserted. There are many exceptions to the hearsay rule.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]

Was there any documentation about the other teams the gang of 6 rode for? CSC, Phonak, Gerolstiener, TMobile? Or was the finding limited to USPS? What I find difficult to believe is that USPS was the only team with a doping plan. Unless all teams and riders are identified, this is just another Festina scandal in which nothing really changed. I'm betting that in 2 years it will be business as usual.

Prev Next