Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

Well, if the wheels are off... here is the funniest thing in the file. From Dave Z, sung to Purple Haze:

Quote:

EPO all in my veins

Lately things just dont seem the same

Actin funny, but I dont know why
Scuse me while I pass this guy

Suffer Well.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

yeah, it was a strange post. just noise. easy to tune out.

still would like to read any of the affidavits. I suspect they will become publicly available soon.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:
For the record, I've never denied "that he doped."

Bottom line, I object to the evidence used to snag LA -- still do!

Which evidence? The wire transfers of money to the Doc? The emails? The testing of his blood now on those stored blood?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

Garry wrote:
I don't understading the reasoning where people don't think Lance doped, but then say everyone was doping. where is the proof that everyone was doping?....What if the doping wasn't as widespread as thought and it was really just Armstrongs teams being that organized at it.

Really? Are you being serious? Not sure if you have the wool pulled over your eyes or not.

Hanaki wrote:

There has been doping in cycling since 1906. I doubt it was just Armstongs team organizing it.

Exactly. There will be doping in cycling in 2106 as well.

TriBriGuy wrote:
From Levi's WSJ article....

" I've been racing clean for more than 5 years in a changed and much cleaner sport."

Uhhhh.....yeah, Levi. Right. I believe you now. Well...I think I have one niggling little question or two. You claimed to be clean for the last 5 years, but you continued racing in Johan Bruyneel operations, and on the same RS team as Lance, who is said in USADA's document to have been doping in 2009 and 2010. And you want us to believe you did not dope during that time period?

Hmmmmm....what to believe?

Maybe Levi's calendar counts years a little more quickly than mine. Like maybe 5 years for every one of mine....maybe.

Yeah because you know AC didn't get busted for doping. Neither did Schleck, Ricco, Kolobnev, Rui Costa, Petacchi, Valverde, Dekker, Rasmussen, Di Luca, Pelozotti, Schumacher....etc....etc.....etc. Yeah cycling is a much cleaner sport now. hahahaha

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [LoriT] [ In reply to ]

LoriT wrote:
TriBeer wrote:

Which evidence? The wire transfers of money to the Doc? The emails? The testing of his blood now on those stored blood?

That isn't that big of a secret is it? LA has been linked to Ferrari for ages. Not like Dr. Ferrari worked for free or anything.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Devlin wrote:
Pooks wrote:

Well, two of the three received doping suspensions.

John

The third is Andrea Tafi, who spoke out FOR EPO testing at the Giro in 1999 and got an earful from Marco Pantani and a few others. Pantani, of course, got popped were the tests were implemented that year at the Giro.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]

tranzformer wrote:
LoriT wrote:
TriBeer wrote:

That isn't that big of a secret is it? LA has been linked to Ferrari for ages. Not like Dr. Ferrari worked for free or anything.

And he denied it under oath as I read the report... It's not just the crime but the coverup.

Quote:

On November 30, 2005, three months after Mr. Stapleton testified in his deposition in the

SCA arbitration proceeding, Lance Armstrong testified under oath and subject to the penalties of

perjury in his deposition and was asked the following questions, and gave the following answers:

Q: . . . .Now, Doctor Ferrari was convicted, was he not?
A: Yeah. Or - - whatever you call that over there.

Q: Okay. And then you severed your relationship with him based upon that

conviction. Is that is that true?

A: True. No, we suspended it. Yeah.

Q: Suspended it. But did you use Doctor Ferrari for anything after he was

convicted?

A: Of course not.

Q: Okay. You say you suspended it. Its not been reinstated. Your relationship with

Doc - - was never reinstated.

A: No, not till the appeal is finished. But there would be no need to consult with him

now.

Q: Of course. But for example, for the 2005 Tour de France, you had no contact

with Doctor Ferrari?
A: Of course not.

Suffer Well.

My comment is regarding the overview of evidence in the USADA document that lists their "evidence" which includesmore than just mere testimony--which seems to be problematic for some. (Sworn personal testimony.) Known association, albeit telling, isn't strong enough IMO all on it's own. But that there are wire transfers to a Swiss account, emails, hand written training plans with notations for EPO injection timing, among a host of other details that have yet to come out--makes me wonder if ANY evidence would be good enough for TriBeer or others?

Have you heard about the Earth not being flat?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [echappist] [ In reply to ]

echappist wrote:
The third is Andrea Tafi, who spoke out FOR EPO testing at the Giro in 1999 and got an earful from Marco Pantani and a few others. Pantani, of course, got popped were the tests were implemented that year at the Giro.

Yep. I couldn't find anything except the team controversy about the finish order on him.

It almost seems like the solution would be to suspend *all* teams, only allow back the ones that test negative, and continue to test negative at once a month + random testings. It would be worth it to me to see something like that implemented.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]

So, they all squeeled to get light treatment? How is this somehow noble?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [LoriT] [ In reply to ]

The only evidence received by Tribeer and co would be Lance saying he did it, how he did it, and what he used.
And even then, they'd say the CIA caught him and waterboarded him.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
Here is what is going to happen. The report is going to come out. The small minority of people like you are going to dance with glee and talk about how much you hate Lance. The larger minority like me will read it and still not really care. The vast majority will have no clue anything happened and keep loving Lance. Lance will keep living his life and not give a fuck.

Post of the day!!!

"Be your best cheerleader , not your worst critic.”

tranzformer wrote:

Garry wrote:
I don't understading the reasoning where people don't think Lance doped, but then say everyone was doping. where is the proof that everyone was doping?....What if the doping wasn't as widespread as thought and it was really just Armstrongs teams being that organized at it.

Really? Are you being serious? Not sure if you have the wool pulled over your eyes or not.

Hanaki wrote:

No wool.. just there is a mountain of evidence on person "a", Person's "A" supporters dont' believe it, but then turn around and claim that even if he did "everyone" was doing it and there is much less evidence that everyone ( maybe I just dislike that word) was doing it to the extent group "a" was.

Also Group "A"s ring leaders are telling the team that they have to do it to keep up with "everyone" (there is that word again) else. I'm just saying that maybe not everyone was doing it. does that mean no one was.. of course not don't be silly. The text messages in the case between the two when they were saying that certain riders were actually riding clean and with a hct of 37 for one of name people is what made me think this way. And they even admit that they were lead to think that it was the most normal thing when in fact at the begining it wasn't that widespread. They were being fed lies (my opinion) on how many groups were doing it to justify it to the new riders to get them doping.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

i'd prefer weekly blood profile testing to the bi-weekly that's currently in place

-----

i really do hope Tafi's clean, though i won't be surprised if he's got a history.

Come to think of it, for that era (95-05), it's more like if you were investigated, there's probably some real dirt. I think even Ballerini had some dirt.
Last edited by: echappist: Oct 10, 12 14:57

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [echappist] [ In reply to ]

You get the award for one of the dumbest posts I have ever read

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Kirch] [ In reply to ]

riccardo ricc ‏@riccardo_ricco
Armstrong era un campione punto e basta. Poi a me non emozionava ma era un gran corridore

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [uli] [ In reply to ]

uli wrote:
Armstrong era un campione punto e basta. Poi a me non emozionava ma era un gran corridore

Ok, google translate choked that one. Translation?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [deeg] [ In reply to ]

deeg wrote:
You get the award for one of the dumbest posts I have ever read

Keep reading.

John

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [uli] [ In reply to ]

uli wrote:

Armstrong was a sample period. Then I do not excited but it was a great runner

Google sucks.

Can you help me out? Armstrong was a just and [ ] champion....

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:

Have you ever heard someone call you an idiot?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Death by tray] [ In reply to ]

"Hey Dan, where is that canned Op-Ed you talked so much about"

i wrote two OpEds, published a week ago monday. if you go to our search utility on the front page, they're entitled, On Doping, and On Anti-Doping.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [ In reply to ]

So does the USA have any clean professional riders that have not been tainted with riding for a doped team, admitting to doping, or being teammates with a known doper?

I call myself that sometimes. You can't call me an idiot though. You're nowhere near smart enough.

tranzformer wrote:
Francois wrote:

Have you ever heard someone call you an idiot?

Both statements have been made before. Only one of them is true.

John

Prev Next