Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

I have long believed that Lance doped as did much of the peloton. I also believe he is a pretty crummy friend.

What I find to be BS now is the "yeah I doped, we all did, but you know, I stopped in 2006." Come on really? Some of you (Danielson, Levi) have just gotten better since then.

Doping still exists in cycling, I would prefer the sport to be clean, but I am still a fan and will still race my crits, RR, and TTs. I think the punishment on these guys should have been a bit harsher, but I am sure it was pretty lenient to ensure that they testified. I look forward to reading their books.

As an aside, I rode with Danielson last year, and had a good time.

Pretty sure I just rambled. It sucks that doping exists so prevalent in cycling, as I am sure it was in triathlon through the 90s and early 2000s. I am sure it still exists in the professional field now as well.

-- Aaron Davidson

Anyone know if the witness affidavits have been released?

On the broader subject, the biggest loser by far in this whole spectacle is the sport.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [jaws20] [ In reply to ]

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Matthew] [ In reply to ]

Matthew wrote:
Right. Most likely he'll do the old "I didn't do it and I refuse to discuss it ever again" routine. The nice thing is that the media won't be nearly as afraid of challenging him as they used to be. Hopefully, he'll get peppered with questions about this until he either admits it or he stops being the media whore that he is.

Seriously, if this whole mess will finally get him to shut up and go away it will all have been worth it. Just look at Indurain... Does anyone doubt he doped? Plenty successful (i.e. refutes part of the LA 'defense' that he's just being singled out because he won so much), didn't rub anyone's nose in it, and then quietly retired out of the spotlight. Don't make yourself a target and dare people to take shots at you, and the the natural tendency is to let sleeping dogs lie. Unfortunately, LA's ego is the type that craves attention so badly he'll take negative attention over being ignored.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]

QuintanaRooster wrote:
chainpin wrote:
One lingering question remains in this entire sordid affair:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO TYLER HAMILTON'S HAIR?

That's Tyler Hamilton? I thought it was Jeff Spiccoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

BEST POST YET!!!

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]

dsmallwood wrote:

if i may join in . . . several people have used the analogy of the low level drug dealer flipping on the higher level guys. i think that's ok. that's how the system works. but NORMALLY, the Feds don't let the low level guys stay on the streets and sell drugs for days / months / years. at least that's how it seems.

and that's the concern here. for people who want to clean up the sport, letting people participate when you know they are dirty, well it just seems wrong. it makes it hard to say that you're the good guys.

So if I understand the analogy, your position is that these riders continued to ride dirty throughout the investigation and USADA had knowledge of this? ("low level guys stay on the streets and sell drugs...")

I don't think that reflects reality. While these guys could still be doping I doubt very highly that USADA has evidence of any recent doping by any of them.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

Pooks wrote:

I don't think that reflects reality. While these guys could still be doping I doubt very highly that USADA has evidence of any recent doping by any of them.

Probably cause they were not looking. They were just out for the big fish.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [meuf] [ In reply to ]

I don't understading the reasoning where people don't think Lance doped, but then say everyone was doping. where is the proof that everyone was doping? We can't accept a dozen eyewitnes's for one person but we accept just a general thought for all others.
What if the doping wasn't as widespread as thought and it was really just Armstrongs teams being that organized at it.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]

Ha ha...Pics, or it didn't happen...

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Garry] [ In reply to ]

Garry wrote:
I don't understading the reasoning where people don't think Lance doped, but then say everyone was doping. where is the proof that everyone was doping? We can't accept a dozen eyewitnes's for one person but we accept just a general thought for all others.
What if the doping wasn't as widespread as thought and it was really just Armstrongs teams being that organized at it.

There has been doping in cycling since 1906. I doubt it was just Armstongs team organizing it.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

Hanaki wrote:
Matthew wrote:
To me it's more like worshiping your catholic priest, finding out there is overwhelming evidence of him being a child-molestor, and then having to defend him as he denies it over and over. And, no, I'm not trying to equate doping/lying/cheating/bullying/etc. with abusing children.

People that equate doping to child molestors are freaking idiots. If you were not trying to equate the two you would have used a differant analogy.

Analogies are simply tools to illustrate points; the previous point was clearly about denial. It's not as though he said one was just as bad as the other, or "no different than..." or some other figure of speech that's commonly used to equate two unrelated cases. People who can't distinguish that from the point of an analogy are the freaking idiots.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]

From Levi's WSJ article....

" I've been racing clean for more than 5 years in a changed and much cleaner sport."

Uhhhh.....yeah, Levi. Right. I believe you now. Well...I think I have one niggling little question or two. You claimed to be clean for the last 5 years, but you continued racing in Johan Bruyneel operations, and on the same RS team as Lance, who is said in USADA's document to have been doping in 2009 and 2010. And you want us to believe you did not dope during that time period?

Hmmmmm....what to believe?

Maybe Levi's calendar counts years a little more quickly than mine. Like maybe 5 years for every one of mine....maybe.

Thanks but not looking for witness' self serving statements of contrition dated October 10, 2012.

Rather, want to read the signed affidavits relied on by USADA as the testimonial evidence offered against LA. The tidbits from those affidavits sprinkled in the 200 page report are not very useful.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]

OneGoodLeg wrote:
Hanaki wrote:
Matthew wrote:
To me it's more like worshiping your catholic priest, finding out there is overwhelming evidence of him being a child-molestor, and then having to defend him as he denies it over and over. And, no, I'm not trying to equate doping/lying/cheating/bullying/etc. with abusing children.

People that equate doping to child molestors are freaking idiots. If you were not trying to equate the two you would have used a differant analogy.

Analogies are simply tools to illustrate points; the previous point was clearly about denial. It's not as though he said one was just as bad as the other, or "no different than..." or some other figure of speech that's commonly used to equate two unrelated cases. People who can't distinguish that from the point of an analogy are the freaking idiots.

So people who use anoligies are just like people that rape children. They both try to deny the thruth of what they are saying. Not that I am saying you are a child rapist. Yea I see how that works..

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

TriBriGuy wrote:
Maybe Levi's calendar counts years a little more quickly than mine. Like maybe 5 years for every one of mine....maybe.

Time to start looking in to who's supplying the time-shifting equipment, I doubt Levi and Paul Ryan are acting alone.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [jaws20] [ In reply to ]

jaws20 wrote:

On the broader subject, the biggest loser by far in this whole spectacle is the sport.

No, the biggest losers are those idiots who have supported Cancer Jesus all these years. The egg is on your faces. Especially people like Sally Jenkins, who is supposed to be a journalist.

Hey Dan, where is that canned Op-Ed you talked so much about. I have an idea, why not print it out, roll it up really tight and shove it up...well, maybe I'll be nice and just sit back and gloat at all of the stupidity that seems to have floated to the top on this forum.

EDIT: Turns out Wonderboy was doping while training for Tri. Hey, if you guys want a venereal disease like that in your sport, it says more about you than it does about him anyway. Good luck with the break-away league!
Last edited by: Death by tray: Oct 10, 12 14:12

Hanaki wrote:
So people who use anoligies are just like people that rape children. They both try to deny the thruth of what they are saying. Not that I am saying you are a child rapist. Yea I see how that works..

How is using an analogy equal to denying truth? Just because you didn't like the subject matter.

Any maybe, just maybe you could actually return to the subject being discussed, rather than haring off down the path of a tenuous analogy?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

This brings up an interesting question. Dan doesn't like people being accused of doping without proof thereof. What about people questioning whether an admitted doper actually stopped doping when he said he did? Fair game?

Hanaki wrote:
So people who use anoligies are just like people that rape children. They both try to deny the thruth of what they are saying. Not that I am saying I'm a child rapist. Yea I see how that works..

Hey, it's your analogy...

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Devlin wrote:
Hanaki wrote:

How is using an analogy equal to denying truth? Just because you didn't like the subject matter.

Any maybe, just maybe you could actually return to the subject being discussed, rather than haring off down the path of a tenuous analogy?

John

Well maybe people can stop comparing Lance to a child molester. What's next Hitler?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Matthew] [ In reply to ]

Matthew wrote:
Thank you for pointing out that I am a freaking idiot. I'll try to work on that. How about we insert "the catholic priest was diddling your wife" instead. Would that work for you? Of course, I'm not talking about your wife specifically.

ha ha.....that works much better and is more believable anyway!!

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [KoNP] [ In reply to ]

KoNP wrote:
TxDude wrote:
I heard a former major league pitcher (hall of famer) comment on ARod's lack of production since he came out an admitted steriods/HGH use. ARod was on hall of fame march and has dissolved into below average player.

Take away drugs....does Lance even win 1 Tour? Maybe not even 1. Sad but true.

he won 2 MVP awards with the yankees not using roids

oh yea, like we can believe that one too.....just like all the others stopped using in 2006....right!

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Death by tray] [ In reply to ]

Death by tray wrote:
jaws20 wrote:

No, the biggest losers <snip ugly rant>

Ah, nice. And there ends any hope of rational discussion.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [uli] [ In reply to ]

uli wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"Cyclingnews is reporting they were banned. It's more like an "amnesty" program. 6-months and they could be back by early next season"

just, FYI, because a few of you have assumed that this is the extent of the ban. i did not read what you imply. my take from the cyclingnews article is that cyclingnews is supposing that such a ban could be backdated, and could be 6mo., in which case these athletes would be available for spring racing. i've heard it rumored that the sentences would be light, but i don't have that information and i don't see that cyclingnews does either, unless they think they know something and they're floating it out there without actually confirming it.

but i would say that the rest of the text in USADA's press release is setting us up for a light ban, based on the near-hero status these athletes seem to me to be given by USADA. still, i wouldn't yet jump to any conclusions that this is the nature of the ban for cyclists who have not yet retired.

So that is what you feel you need to comment on?

More specifically a point to be made that hints of personal opinion about these other team members.... I thought he was interested in process?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

The wheels have officially come off...

Prev Next