Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta
Quote | Reply
"TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta"

Wow, terrible idea. Beta is pants, not finished and missing functionality.

Beta goes live (which is isn't ready for) and prices go up "to pay for the new functionality" (new functionality being the removal of existing functionality)
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"We will continue to add brand new features in addition to bringing over the Power Profile Chart, Annual Training Plan (ATP), and Virtual Coach (VC)"

Its not a brand new feature, its an existing feature that you have not implemented yet in the new look and feel..............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still can't view two calendars side by side in the beta either.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
Still can't view two calendars side by side in the beta either.

My renewal came up this week. This beta has motivated me to find alternatives to TP (and hopefully cheaper). I may still end up with TP if it's a better fit for me, but their move from beta has caused me to look at competing programs. I talked with one coach this past weekend about TP. His coaching firm moved everybody away from TP. He said he knows there were at least 200 athletes (via coaching) moved away from TP. I guess there was some backdoor talks among coaches about the new TP so they all started to seek alternatives. This is on the cycling/mountain bike racing side not triathlon and it's also hearsay. I just found it interesting that three years ago, most were praising TP, now today most are recommending something else.

If you want people to embrace change, you have to have a product that is better than the one your are replacing. Right now, the beta is not better.

Quote | Reply
This is a case where ignorance is bliss. I have only been using TP for several months & I have only used the new beta version. Personally, I like it & for me, this will have zero impact. Maybe I was missing out on several cool features all this time, but if they were going away anyway, it's probably for the best that I never got hooked on them.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Care to share what they moved to?
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
Personally, I like it & for me, this will have zero impact.

You'll pay more. Sounds like an impact to me.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TP membership just renewed today, and I got that "moving out of beta" email.

I did not see anywhere where prices were going up, can you point me toward that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So have they been in beta for years now or what?
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
Care to share what they moved to?

Good question. There are so many - I mean SO MANY - different ways to track your activities, but what else is there to plan? I just signed up for TP premium again as I'm heading into an Ironman year. I did a little searching before I did that, but couldn't find anything.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beta - Does not have summary settings where you can customize your weekly summary ( I like to view time and distance ) .... Not That I can find anyway...
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For planning addaero solo looks pretty good. They don't have much back end analysis though. same thing for workoutlog.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
Meathead wrote:
Personally, I like it & for me, this will have zero impact.

You'll pay more. Sounds like an impact to me.

My premium membership is included with my coaching, so unless he passes the cost along to me, I'm still at zero impact.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [sporttracks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sporttracks wrote:
http://sporttracks.mobi/coaching

So that happened.

Funny, I just signed up for SportTracks last week when it was announced that you now auto sync with Garmin Connect, but I haven't really played with it enough to know what SportTracks is beyond what I already get from Garmin, TP, & Strava.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sporttracks wrote:

So that happened.

Looks great,

except for the fact that I sent an email asking a question a week ago and never received a reply.

Prices don't matter if the service quite literally DOES NOT respond to customer questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely Kevin.

We're proud of our service and support record, typically responding and closing support issues within 24 hours. It's one reason our customers are thrilled by our service vs. the "big guys".

That said, it's possible your issue somehow slipped through the cracks. I've checked in our support ticket system, both resolved and pending, email inbox, email trash and spam folders. I don't find any record of any emails from Kevin Joubert or any variant on your name or email recorded in our system.

That likely explains why you never got a response :\

I'd recommend shoot us another email. If you can please also forward the old email with headers so we can check with our email service provider to see if there was a transmission glitch somewhere, or perhaps an overly aggressive spam filter.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i love the beta and haven;t had any problems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
sporttracks wrote:

So that happened.

Looks great,

except for the fact that I sent an email asking a question a week ago and never received a reply.

Prices don't matter if the service quite literally DOES NOT respond to customer questions.

Just signed up and synced my entire GC history. I dig it so far.

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what service do you offer for coaches? I have a hard time finding the info on the website? but perhaps I m not looking at the right place?

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [cobalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Beta - Does not have summary settings where you can customize your weekly summary ( I like to view time and distance ) .... Not That I can find anyway...

I can't find anything for that either. I'd like to be able to change colors and get rid of the light grey for planned duration, tss, etc. It's hard to read.

Beta is growing on me.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally, I concur. They've been helpful and I'm more pleased with TP than Garmin Connect.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
what service do you offer for coaches? I have a hard time finding the info on the website? but perhaps I m not looking at the right place?
@JonnyO - I assume you're asking about SportTracks? I don't want to derail the TP thread too much but...

For coaching: Basically we're pre-release right now - collecting coaches interested in training platforms. Those that sign up will get emailed monthly(~ish) feature updates and the chance to define and drive our feature priorities in the next few months as we light this sucker up (as well as free services during the development phase).

None of this has been publicly announced and we have no marketing materials.. yet. In fact I'm probably going to get a bit of grief for leaking this info on slowtwitch. :|

Where things stand now: coaches can connect with athletes, view their workout data as well as creating planned workouts, and communicate with athletes around their data.

Our high level roadmap looks like:

1. planning + data analysis [done] >>> 2. monitoring + communication [next week] >>> 3. supporting coaches who have LOTS (~50+) of athletes >>> 4. business development

#3 is all about scaling the online coaching relationship: allowing coaches to focus on exception cases vs having a lighter touch with athletes in the green zone; letting coaches manage data and messaging in bulk with customized automation.

#4 is intentionally vague but *could* span from coach website creation & SEO, customer acquisition (CRM-ish features, bulk mailing services), content creation and management (coach videos, blogs) and even handling athlete billing for the coach. No promises here, this is a few months away.

We've got a slightly different engineering philosophy than TP. We typically push out continuous feature updates on a 2-4 week cycle instead of year long "big bang" style projects. So you won't get a "Coaching is done!" email - it will be more like a continuous stream of "Now you can do this."... "Now you can do this."... "Now you can do this."

It seems to work for us.

Thanks for asking and listening. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sporttracks wrote:
jonnyo wrote:

@JonnyO - I assume you're asking about SportTracks? I don't want to derail the TP thread too much but...

For coaching: Basically we're pre-release right now - collecting coaches interested in training platforms. Those that sign up will get emailed monthly(~ish) feature updates and the chance to define and drive our feature priorities in the next few months as we light this sucker up (as well as free services during the development phase).

None of this has been publicly announced and we have no marketing materials.. yet. In fact I'm probably going to get a bit of grief for leaking this info on slowtwitch. :|

Where things stand now: coaches can connect with athletes, view their workout data as well as creating planned workouts, and communicate with athletes around their data.

Our high level roadmap looks like:

1. planning + data analysis [done] >>> 2. monitoring + communication [next week] >>> 3. supporting coaches who have LOTS (~50+) of athletes >>> 4. business development

#3 is all about scaling the online coaching relationship: allowing coaches to focus on exception cases vs having a lighter touch with athletes in the green zone; letting coaches manage data and messaging in bulk with customized automation.

#4 is intentionally vague but *could* span from coach website creation & SEO, customer acquisition (CRM-ish features, bulk mailing services), content creation and management (coach videos, blogs) and even handling athlete billing for the coach. No promises here, this is a few months away.

We've got a slightly different engineering philosophy than TP. We typically push out continuous feature updates on a 2-4 week cycle instead of year long "big bang" style projects. So you won't get a "Coaching is done!" email - it will be more like a continuous stream of "Now you can do this."... "Now you can do this."... "Now you can do this."

It seems to work for us.

Thanks for asking and listening. Cheers!

So you only care to provide support to coaches with 50+ athletes? Those of us who only have 6-10 are left to fend for ourselves? I would think there are a hell of a lot more coaches out there with less than 50 athletes then there are athlete production mills like CTS and Coaching Bible, etc....

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks is moving out of Beta [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karma wrote:
So you only care to provide support to coaches with 50+ athletes? Those of us who only have 6-10 are left to fend for ourselves? I would think there are a hell of a lot more coaches out there with less than 50 athletes then there are athlete production mills like CTS and Coaching Bible, etc....

Hah. Sorry for the confusion. I phrased that poorly. :)

Yes. We will primarily aim at coaches with smaller numbers of athletes. From coaches approaching us, the vast majority fall into the 4-10 athletes range.

I meant to say that in our roadmap we are planning specific features to let coaches (who choose) increase this ratio by making their athlete management workload A LOT easier.

From a software standpoint it should be easy for a coach to manage a small handful of athletes. You can essentially do it now, even with our pre-release. Sign up. Connect. Start planning workouts.

However, once you get into bigger numbers it becomes a pain and requires special consideration. Imagine getting an email reminder from 50 athletes every time they finish their workout. Or rolling out weekly plans for 50 athletes. Even something simple as "click the publish button" becomes a non-starter with 50 people. Go to athlete page, click calendar, click publish. Repeat 50 times. Nope.

So we envision these features will also let some coaches think - "with these tools, maybe I can handle another 3-5 athletes without sacrificing my service? lets try and see."... at least that is our ambition.

On the other hand the business development features meets the opposite market. Those big guys will all run their own full strength websites, take credit cards, yadda. Whereas coaches in the 4-10 range... lets be honest - how many times do you click a website link for a coach and find something that stepped out of a time machine from 2005?

There are some cool scenarios where we can just take that concern completely off the table for a coach. You do what you do best - TRAINING - we will make sure you have a modern, professional web presence and that other nonsense.

Cheers!
Quote Reply

Prev Next