Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All that this thread proves is that year in, year out, y'all are a bunch of whiny bitches.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
All that this thread proves is that year in, year out, y'all are a bunch of whiny bitches.

John

Since this thread started in March of 2004, I guess it took 10 years to converge on us being whiny bitches. Sometimes it takes the collective of ST to converge towards the general consensus on a topic. We're still debating seats being too high 10 years later....Andy Coggan came on here around 9 years ago and said that even a 1 inch variance on the saddle being too low has zero impact on power output...I tested that and he is correct...I even tried 5 cm lower and was able to sustain similar power....only problem is compression of hip angle!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.theguardian.com/...urvivor-gay-marriage

Quote:
The band Survivor has objected to the use of its song Eye of the Tiger during a rally celebrating the release of Rowan county clerk Kim Davis, who was jailed for six days after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

“NO! We did not grant Kim Davis any rights to use ‘My Tune -The Eye Of The Tiger,’” they wrote on their verified Facebook page on Tuesday.

“I would not grant her the rights to use Charmin! C’mom Mike, you are not The Donald but you can do better than that,

You tell 'em, Frankie!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [triathron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the OP

Can we now listen to " Seek and Destroy" from Metallica or "Jesus built my hot rod" from Ministry

would get me way more fired up

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Like the guy who complained about the flavour of gels at an aid station?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Who did that?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

This sounds like a great story/thread. Sorry I missed it!
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://soundcloud.com/...e-of-the-tiger-remix

Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woodenshoes wrote:
"Lunatic Fringe" by Tom Cochrane and Red Rider seemed appropriate as we stood in the water waiting for the cannon at IMC this year, really hit home for me after as I started way too far forward and in the middle of the pack!!

This is a great song for something quite dated.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too many funny replies here to address. But on a serious note, most badass was MMA fighter BJ Penn entering Octagon to Israel Kamakwiwo'ole song. Given the roots in Hawaii and Kona IM I think this is the ultimate song

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personal had one of my best races ever while having Mötley Crue's "Kickstart my Heart" running in my head in endless-loop for 5 hours.

I had only recently added it to my mental music-libary, so all I got was the chorus

"Ooh!!! yeah!!!
Kickstart my heart
Give it a start
Ooh, yeah, BABYYYYY"

x 10.000

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This post is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [greenmtnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greenmtnman wrote:
I'll take eye of the tiger over chariots of fire

but really, we should just make the switch to "push it to the limit" from scarface and be done with it

This thread is hilarious, but I just have to respond to this one. A few months ago I did a trail race where the last few miles were going down a dirt road into town. The farms and ranches were widely spaced, and at the edge of the road in front of a farm house at the top of a small hill was a girl about 10-12 years old with a stereo set up. I heard "Eye of the Tiger" playing as the man ahead of me ran past her. Then she looked at me, stopped the song, and put on "Chariots of Fire". I laughed and complimented her taste in music. This girl was spending her Saturday DJ'ing for each runner that went by. She was awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's old is new again. When I 1st started Tri's in 1982 that song just came out . . . I had it blaring pre-race out of my awesome self-installed high powered K-Mart car speakers at every race!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that survivor song is well past its best by date.

given that it's so old I though you may have been talking about Katie Perry's song with 'eye of the tiger' in the words. At least hers is bubbly and fresh to listen to in the morning before a race start. Survivor, not so much.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread's been going so long there's a fair chance that Eye of the Tiger is back in fashion again. Right? Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally think the theme song from the movie "frozen" is quite uplifting...perhaps the lion king song as well.

On a more serious note; the hardcore rap is where it is at. If you don't get cussed at more than 30 times in the first minute while also trying to figure out what the words in between the cuss words are - you simply are not living. It is art people. art.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
I agree with the OP

"Jesus built my hot rod" from Ministry

would get me way more fired up

Yeah, fuck it!
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
I personal had one of my best races ever while having Mötley Crue's "Kickstart my Heart" running in my head in endless-loop for 5 hours.

I had only recently added it to my mental music-libary, so all I got was the chorus

"Ooh!!! yeah!!!
Kickstart my heart
Give it a start
Ooh, yeah, BABYYYYY"

x 10.000

Whenever it's windy I get this song stuck in my head.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
This thread's been going so long there's a fair chance that Eye of the Tiger is back in fashion again. Right? Anyone?

And 80's leg warmers have come back as compression sox :-(

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LL Cool J - I'm gonna knock you out

"dont call it a comeback - I've been here for years, rockin the "bike", puttin suckas in fear".......and so forth.

It's a rap you can tweak the lyrics to triathlon. Especially meaningful coming off an injury.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When they played "Eye Of The Tiger" on the Citizens Bank Park "organ" during these World Series Games in Philly, it lacked all the oomph! of Survivor's version - so much so, D'Kid asked "What is that supposed to be?"

Other than Game 3, it didn't help much, either

Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
When they played "Eye Of The Tiger" on the Citizens Bank Park "organ" during these World Series Games in Philly, it lacked all the oomph! of Survivor's version - so much so, D'Kid asked "What is that supposed to be?"

Other than Game 3, it didn't help much, either

We had the same conversation last night! I told my 12 year old “ I think it’s time you watch Rocky,” he replied with, “yeah, probably so.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
I personal had one of my best races ever while having M�tley Crue's "Kickstart my Heart" running in my head in endless-loop for 5 hours.

"Ooh!!! yeah!!!
Kickstart my heart
Give it a start
Ooh, yeah, BABYYYYY"

x 10.000

Oh this takes me back to Ironman Lanzarote 2009 when I had Europe and the final countdown on constant loop in my head - its scared me for life. It completely fried my brain but once it started it would not stop for ANYTHING!!! From the start of the song to the first final countdown - then looped back to the start of the song again. x 1000. I hate that f**8!ug song. And don't get me started on counting steps on the run.....................

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Dave Downey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get to play a lot of music at events including triathlons but have only played Eye of the Tiger once. That was in Kona by request. I like the song but it seems a little cliche.

I see this is an old thread . . but a good one! Glad that it has been bumped up!

Thank you Dave for your Music Choice restraint! :-)

FWIW - the song in question here is NOT on my Race/Event Play List!

While we are on the subject of play lists - When Announcing at a race/event and it's my responsibility to supply the music (sometimes there is a DJ who does this - but that is rare) mine is one that I have been building up over the years and I have a great range of beat heavy stuff that spans mixed musical genres - from hip-hop, trance, EDM, reggae, dance-hall, Indy, world music, with the occasional Top-40 favorite thrown in. When look out and see people spontaneously moving to the beat, nodding their heads or even spontaneously dancing, I know I'm doing OK!

Before races, up to an hour before the gun, I have started to play some chill, ambient grooves, with a bit of a beat, when people are just showing up, and then I start in more with the upbeat stuff about an hour to 45 minutes out! Blasting "Back in Black" at 6am in the dark, just does not seem like the right vibe for me! :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Nov 4, 22 6:43
Quote Reply

Prev Next