Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Saliva "Click Click Boom", played as you mount the bike? Saw a video on NHL Cool Shots when this song was released a couple of years ago timed so that the "Boom" coincided with a killer body check, worked pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"classic"? thanks to that bastard Booth, I could NOT get this song out of my head yesterday afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During my last tri of the year, we rode past the ranch of one of the guys from Air Supply, which a so-called friend had informed me of a few weeks earlier while scouting the route. As I neared the ranch I couldn't help but think "I'm all out love, I'm so lost without you....", my HR dropped 20 beats and I beileve three seniors on mountain bikes passed me.

Nothing to do with Survivor, but someone already beat me to the punch with "BOOTH...BOOTH BOOTH BOOTH!!

Our local tri guys have a great cd that the play, the haunting West Wing rendition of Hallulah is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [bvfrompc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running Twin Cities Marathon last year some sick puppy along the course was playing the Macarena as we ran uphill. Why would they do that to us! It was all I could do to not stop and beat him with his own speakers.

Duey
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, since we are discussing music at races in another thread, I'm bumping Boothrand's "Eye of the Tiger Thread" from 2004! I can't believe this shit is still going on in in 2012. Are they also going to bring Stallone out of retirement and enter him in the Clydesdale division and give him a Kona slot? Or is he banned by WADA?

Edit: For some reason, I thought that Boothrand had started this thread!
Edit2: I was right....Boothrand did start this thread...he just changed his handle!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Sep 23, 12 16:47
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I'm bumping Boothrand's "Eye of the Tiger Thread" from 2004!

Holy 8-year resurrection! I didn't notice it because all the posts are in September -- didn't notice that this was started in 2004! Well, maybe because this song has the eye of the tiger....
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Alfalfameister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a bunch of 8 year old threads that Fleck, Francois and I could revive. Everytime I go to a race and hear Eye of the Tiger, I am literally tempted to pack up and leave on account of this thread!
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll see your Eye of the Tiger and raise you The Final Countdown. I've heard that at more finish lines than I care to remember.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They play "Sweet Home Alabama" throughout the Crim 10-miler in Flint, MI. Some people were actually performing it live this year. It's sad and pathetic.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistergomez wrote:
"I'll go run to Wal-mart real quick, and get that Survivor CD. Be right back."

You may be dating yourself a bit here, or maybe not a big music buyer in the last few years, but...

I live in a Third World country, in the jungle, and via cell phone signal can purchase and legally download that particular song in less than 60 seconds. But I wouldn't get to read any of their worthless liner notes. So here you go:
Additional Musicians
Production
  • Arranged & Produced By Jim Peterik & Frankie Sullivan
  • Recorded, Engineered & Mixed By Mike Clink & Phil Bonnano

Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...I thought this was just posted as it still applies. Back in '04 I could still dunk and was damn good at basketball and then my joints caught up with me. Regardless, it still takes a little "Closer" ( http://vimeo.com/3554226 ) to get me pumped for a race when it is still dark out as I drive to the race.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markvoss wrote:
You may be dating yourself a bit here, or maybe not a big music buyer in the last few years, but... I live in a Third World country, in the jungle, and via cell phone signal can purchase and legally download that particular song in less than 60 seconds.

I never liked the song, but then I saw this clever starbucks commercial with the Survivor song (and lead singer) in it. Now, every time I hear the song, I just can't help laughing ...

So what kind of interesting work are you doing in Honduras? Or are you just on a very long vacation ... ? :^)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Sep 23, 12 20:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys need to come to Dallas. Dallas Athletes Racing has live bands at many of their triathlons. You never know what you will hear, but it's a totally different vibe than a large PA system pumping out the usual songs.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to admit one of my favorite parts of race day is driving to the race, alone, usually when it's dark or as the sun is just coming up and there isn't a soul on the street, and absolutely blasting some very "pumped up" music. Closer is a good one, and depending if I need an "angry" or "happy" pump up that day, I've also used Rage Against The Machine and Foster The People, respectively =).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And there I was naively thinking that it was only Euro sportives and mtb marathons that are afflicted by this maladie.

Anyway, forget Glenn, nothing'll get you pumped like Remi Gaillard: http://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=hqOBR_Xbw2I
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just tell ultratriguy to ask the Challenge Penticton guys to ban Eye of the Tiger.....the. Race should sellout!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not annoying, but the most disturbing music at a tri has to be at Musselman when they play bagpipes as the starters wade into the water. It's cool, but it also seems very dismal, like a funeral dirge as everyone marches off to their deaths in the water.

USAT Lvl1 Coach, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, BS Exercise Science
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [TriMyBest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMyBest wrote:
It's not annoying, but the most disturbing music at a tri has to be at Musselman when they play bagpipes as the starters wade into the water. It's cool, but it also seems very dismal, like a funeral dirge as everyone marches off to their deaths in the water.

Agreed about the bagpipe music....however, my experience was from being in the Armed Forces and having the pipe band playing every morning at 6 am right outside the window of my room for an entire year. All I can think of is having to go out on parade....no fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is a old thread, but its still so funny !

... can just imagine the music starting in transition and then you can spot all the seasoned veterens by the sudden nauseated grimacing and cringing. Reactions made much worse when to their disgust all the noobies next to them get all amped up and smiley about it

one time there was a duathlon and they played really great build up music right up to the start ...then as soon as the gun went off they suddenly cut to Chariots of Fire... it was funny to be sprinting around the track to slow motion music .... it was so unexpected and felt like someone suddenly slammed the brakes on ... kind of like running in quicksand but it was so cheesy had to smile

...kind of like if they were to play the BAYWATCH theme on a running swim start at a tri
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Sep 24, 12 5:23
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But do they play Eye of the Tiger live??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess they could play shake your ass by Mystikal.
Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread just doubled it's views in 12 hour than what it received in 2004. Forum must have gotten a bit bigger, or we're more interested in this critical issue with respect to the place of Rocky music in the world of triathlon. Just wondering if this music should be banned by WADA at this point or not? Clearly Stallone was not competing in the drug free category and the mere association of endurance sport with this music is troubling (optional pink font).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was remarkably calm at my first IM. But I was completely psyched when they threw on Iron Man by Sabbath right before the gun went off for the start at IM Florida (2007). I'm a huge metalhead and that was just what I needed to get the race going.

Quote | Reply
"running up the Philly capitol"

Those steps belong to the Philadelphia Art Museum, BTW.. there is no capitol of Philadelphia. It's a city.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: The Rise Of Eye Of The Tiger Music In Triathlons [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way.....in 2004 when Boothrand made the post, the Race Director would have had to ask athletes to go back to their cars so that someone could get the critical Eye of the Tiger CD without which the race cannot happen....today, you'd just download it over Verizon 4G to somemone's Samsung Galaxy or iPhone.

Ultratriguy,can you at least get Felix at Challenge to ban it?
Quote Reply

Prev Next