that's embarrassing!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [wesc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the cover shot looks nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [FIRMcourtney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Fernanda personally, and I have to say, she is damn fine. Even hotter in person than on the mags, although she is in her 40's.

She is really popular back at home in Brazil.

Ciao,

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were they thinking, no less than 4 major issues with this cover!

1) Spacers and a stem turned upward...Just take my shoe off and beat me to death now, how aerodynamically uncooth!
2) Her seat is too high and titled at 1.345 degrees upward, thus causing a stall in the aerodynamics of her seat
3) Those shoes do not match the outfit. For Chrissake do I need to point this out?
4) Clearly this is a professional photoshop job as that helmet vaguely looks like something Grio promised to come out with last year and then said this January and then said March and then said June and then said "perhaps when cows fly," which we all know is aerodynamically impossible.

Bob

PS- Fenanda is hot though. No doubting that one. And if you've been through 20 IM HI's then you've seen the best of the conditions and the gut worst of it. Ppops to her.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Bobcatbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's not even her bike? It is just a photo shoot.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve
I got it yesterday. Wow she looks great! My wife agrees. This threat has gotten kinda of funny...but that's ST.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
shes just a super skinny woman
you think that is super skinny? you obviously don't get out much...
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [tri-3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember 220 magazine for the US........I got hosed on a subscription.....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [suladoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well summarized and thanks to Courteny for initiating a female triathlete's response. It's always rather sad to be reminded that SEX sells, that this woman's accomplishments aren't quite good enough to warrant a cover/article without appealing to these poses, ect. Worse yet, that she would go along with this!

Of course, after reading the editor's page last month where he thought that all the swearing, bad mouthing, flipping off between Macca and Norman was actually very good for this sport, I am not surprised by this month's cover and photos.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Kiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont know where you live but where i live, the average woman (and the women i encounter everyday) are on average, a size 14. so yes, to me, shes super skinny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being a 40 something male I think she is stunning ! My taste has always leaned towards stronger facial features . Not too many 40+ females out there with a body like hers. ,make that any age for that matter.

If the cover helps the magazine sell ...more power to Triathlete mag. Our sport needs as much media exposure as possible.

One thing I would have like to have seen is a shot of her in a nice black cocktail dress or something. It would have shown a different side of Ms. Keller other than our spandex,lycra uniforms.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to recall a couple of years ago Keller lost a race to someone over the last few miles of the run & immediately after basically accused the winner of cheating. Anyone remember the details? I never hear any followup on if her acusations ended up being proven or if Keller later apologized. Up to that point I thought Keller was fairly attractive, but that fairly classless display tarnished any attractiveness for me.

That aside, she ain't no Desiree, that's for sure. ;-)

I cancelled my subscription to the mag a couple years ago & don't miss it.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [mcastle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She has feet?

Quote:
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think she looks great, and is well accomplished. i could only wish to look that good when i'm in my 40's (hell, even now!!!). more power to her, is my thought.

however, i must admit that i hate that bikini--honestly, there are many other better choices. that top (which is straight 80's) did nothing for her, it only made her look even more flat chested and wasn't sexy. the shot of her in the pink one piece is way hotter, IMO.

the shots in the article are better...yes she is topless, but...the problem with the bikini was the stupid top to begin with! but i digress (i know, no one wants to hear me critique swimwear).

i don't think it should be about who is hot, who is not, etc. i just like to see accomplished athletes, but would prefer if the shots weren't always so sexual...specifically when the cover is of a woman. it would be nice for women to be on the cover because of who they are, not because of their sexuality. additionally, men are never positioned this way (so sexually) on the cover. i do not like that...and would at least like it to be equal with some hottie guy on the cover nearly nude with abs flexing. is that too much to ask???

lol.

I agree with a lot of what kittycat said.

The cover shot just looks odd to me - she's standing next to a really nice bike, but a bikini is for going to the beach, not biking. It doesn't fit. I'm sure that image is for marketing purposes --- that type of outfit will certainly attract some attention, as the comments on this thread have shown.

And yeah, it would be awesome if female athletes were treated equally as males in that both would "be on the cover because of who they are" not how they look. Guys always get attention if they race well... girls it seems like it is not enough to just be fast, you have to be gorgeous too.

Like in the picture that she's running on the beach in the pink swimsuit? Action shots are so much neater than posing and just looking pretty. One of the things I like about sports magazines is seeing pics of actual athletes who actually have some muscle and life to them - rather than the waify, skeletal models in other magazines.

beauty is skin deep...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She did look really hot but there were a few things inside the magazine that I thought were strange.

1. That naked dude with the backpack picture. Some ad for transition packs naked girl and dude in same pose. I know it is a double standard but it kinda gave me the creeps

2. The Zipp Factory Floor. Not at all what I thought the staff would have look like. I thought they would have been edgy bike messenger types.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the June 2004 issue:

The tiny caption at the bottom says: Rising Ironman star Michael Lovato. For the record, minus the tan lines from outdoor swimming, I have no clothes on whatsoever; there are more naked photos inside (bits are unexposed); and parts of my wife's naked body are also pictured in the article.

I just happened to have a copy lying around.

In my opinion, we should have more naked or mostly naked athletes on the covers of these magazines, and inside of them. Triathlon is a sport which encourages its participants to swim, bike, and run around towns and cities worldwide, wearing very close to nothing at all! Why would the magazines cover up these athletes in its photos?

As long as I'm giving my commentary, I think Fernanda's cover is one of the hottest for any tri magazine... ever. (And my wife agrees!)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [vatolovato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha Michael....I wonder which one is going to be a bigger seller at the newstands? Good luck in Cali at the end of the month and then in AZ - hope you repeat there!
Last edited by: Uncle Phil: Mar 10, 07 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [vatolovato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool !

Met you at Timberman in 05. You were very gracious in shooting the breeze with me.

I hope your season rocks bro ! You and your wife are the real deal.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her bio says born in 1963, this lady is 43-44? Wow is right....

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES SIR! So happen's we share the same birth year! Didn't you know?

The 40's are the new 30's!!!!!!!

That was IM Brasil 2003 when she contended to Babara Buenahora must have cut the course as she didn't pass her when she was leding on the run (or so the story goes). The video that was shown at the 2004 pasta party clearly showed Barbara running past Fernanda and she was unable to react.

In the 2004 race I was past by a group of 6 or so riders 3 and 3 abreast, only two had numbers on one of which was Fernanda and she was handed up a drinks bottle from one of the numberless riders. That was what tarnished her image to me.

That aside I can't see what the fuss is about, was there this much fuss when Lori posed naked in just body paint? I don't think so.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading slowtwitch I now know. Men should not wear speedo's, women should not go topless, people should only show as much skin as ---well they should send pictures here first and let us decide, AND the french did it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO WAY - she rocks. I would only hope to be that fast at 43! (Most guys would, too, I'm sure <grin>)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess would be that women who comment negatively are probably jealous (because they can't hold a candle to her looks and/or performance) or they look better because they are WAY younger.
And I certainly won't be able to comment on men who find that shoot offensive (I pretend I am not smart enough to understand that). But my experience sais that all those prudish guys have to hide something....

Anyway, great feature about a top female pro-triathlete in her fourties (who cares about the decorum?).
Nice to see her cleaned up and "on show", compared to all the race pictures.

I also like the "brazilian theme". The bikini is not "80's" nor is it slutty. If you have ever been to Brazil you will see/understand....

I for one will pick up a magazine at the stand. Also as "pay-back" to my girlfriend....(telling her that I will get a sixpack as soon as she starts looking/racing like Fernanda).

Carry on....

Prev Next