Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does gluing the magnet inside the brake holder work? Just checking on clearance issues. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those running zipp wheels with your SC's, do you use the SC supplied skewers or do you use the Zipp skewers?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the SC skewers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the SC skewers as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tskough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x3 for the SC skewers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ironbearfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issues

ironbearfoot wrote:
Does gluing the magnet inside the brake holder work? Just checking on clearance issues. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
I used the SC skewers.

Used?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give me a break. I *am* on my third frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Tightening the steering axle nut removed all 'play' when rocking the bike back and forth with the front brake on. Many thanks. As spec'd, I only tightened it to 2.5Nm...this doesn't seem like much. Can I expect it to come loose again? Why would it have come loose in the first place? Should I have my headset checked out at my LBS?
Many thanks,
Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Siebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I know there is a bottom bracket cover specific to Di2 battery mounting. Do I still need the short Shimano battery mount to attach the battery? I am also considering going to a 30T Ultegra cassette. I know the RD for Di2 is supposed to only accept 28T maximum but I have read several posts and articles that claim it will accept a 30T or even greater. Apparently this is somewhat dependent on the bike it is being installed on. Do you have experience or knowledge of this being done successfully on a 2012 SC 9?

Thanks very much.

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Siebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2.5 Nm is simply to preload the bearings. Tightening the stem pinch band around the preload nut is what keeps it from backing out again. If you're not sure of your work, by all means have the shop check it out. I like getting a second opinion myself sometimes. Particularly when um working with something I don't see so often...like Campy EPS.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [raypratt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ray

no experience or knowledge with going outside the Shimano specs.

the short Shimano rail won't work , but you get a custom shorty from us with the Di2 cover kit.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp skewers...
SCs are cool but I like the Zipps better
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Turbeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd really like to upgrade the Ultegra 53t chainring that came on my Speed Concept 9.5 to a 54 or 55t chainring and I'm a bit lost in all the different options out there.

Are there any specific ones that you have all found that work better than others? My local bike shop told me that there was something about the 6700 crankset that required Dura Ace... are they mistaken?
Last edited by: cyclink: Jul 11, 13 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cyclink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... and count me in on using the SC skewers as well (Zipp 808 front and HED Jet disc rear).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
For those running zipp wheels with your SC's, do you use the SC supplied skewers or do you use the Zipp skewers?

SC's. I like the large wide grip too. Very easy to open and close. The action of the cam seems pretty smooth too.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cyclink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the Stronglight TT Chrono chainring. I have the 55T version on my SC, I have been using one for about 4-5 years now, very light and stiff in my opinion. Check out the included link to see what it looks like. I hope this helps, Glen

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/...ng-130mm/strochri400
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

on another subject: I am struggling to fix the magnet for my SRM PCVII wireless on to my SC9.9. The spare part of SRM that carries the magnet cannot be fixed because of the cable cover under the crankset. However there must be a solution because all the Pros are using SRM with their SC9.9, as I saw it fixed on Fabian Cancellara's SC. Can you help? Regards, Roby
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Roby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe most people are gluing their magnets inside the rear brake cover

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ST SC owners,
Do any of you train with a Garmin Edge 800? I have for a couple of years, and just got a SC7.5. Trouble is, I can't find a good way to mount the Garmin so that I can see it while riding. There was no way using the mounts and elastics that came with the Garmin. I'm using a K-edge mount between the aerobar mounts. While that was fine on my previous road bike, the forward position I've got on the SC means that it's not great...

Any advice?

Cheers!

Munq
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MinisterHugo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one of those "nubs" that attaches to the aerobars for my cycling computer. Although I the stupid wireless duotap has to "aquire" the signals and I haveot push 2 buttons and then hope for the best. Lately a few tiems I hado t do a compelte reset of the stupid computer. Therefore when racing, I'm debating taking it off saving a couple watts of aera and just riding by "feel" only and not paying any attention whatsoever to speed.

I might even make a new post asking that question. Can you honestly really know what your average is going to be just looking at speed since terrain, wind, etc various so much on a course?

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MinisterHugo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Bar Fly mount on the aero bars, which gets the Garmin just a hair behind my hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I just posted a message regarding the Rotor PM. I didn't put it in this forum, because I was hoping to attract you and Kervin. Please take a look.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JussiHoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

impressive work you've done with the SC! I asked you help with the sizing and fit last week. I assume something has changed after that. So what is the right setup for SC 2014? And is there going to be some chart like the old one had: http://www.trekbikes.com/...t_Fit_and_Sizing.pdf ? The Mono Extension's length is new part, which has to be chosen. Below the the measures I gave you last week. The reach to the end of extensions, where the mechanical shifters start is ca. 76cm.

JussiHoo wrote:

Base bar stack: 60
Base Bar reach: 64
Pad Stack: 63
Pad reach: 46,5
Saddle height: 75,5
Saddle setback: 0

Juha
Last edited by: JussiHoo: Jul 15, 13 12:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next