Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Upgrade for 7.5 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a Speed Concept 7.5...she's a beauty!
(built up with Sram Red, Hed race wheels)
Looking for some advice on after market upgrades / changes.

What's the better upgrade....
TriRig Omega front brake?
Bontrager Race X Lite carbon aero bars? (I think this is standard on 7.8)
Zipp aero bars? Carbon or Alumina?
Save up for Quarq?
Spend the $$ on race entry fees?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular spare in draft box [Siebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, depending on what tubie you have. I have a tufo jet and it fits fine.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade for 7.5 [mcknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good low rolling resistance tires like the Bonty R4 aero and latex tubes can save you considerable watts - well worth the cost for your race wheels. The TriRig or Simkins front brake will shave some grams of drag if you HAVE to upgrade something. If your fit is good as it stands there is marginal benefit from changing out the base bar or aerobars. Otherwise a reliable power meter is the best investment you can make. It won't make you faster immediately but if you learn how to take advanatage of it for training and racing it will make a big difference over the next few years.

mcknight wrote:
I recently purchased a Speed Concept 7.5...she's a beauty!
(built up with Sram Red, Hed race wheels)
Looking for some advice on after market upgrades / changes.

What's the better upgrade....
TriRig Omega front brake?
Bontrager Race X Lite carbon aero bars? (I think this is standard on 7.8)
Zipp aero bars? Carbon or Alumina?
Save up for Quarq?
Spend the $$ on race entry fees?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade for 7.5 [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this has been covered before but I can't seem to find a better answer to my problem.

Went to put on my new zipp fc 808s today and cork pads. In the process of changing pads, I move the brake caliper spacers to the outside of the caliper to make more room for the wider fc wheels. I have the rear mounted with no rubbing issues. The front has some slight rubbing on the left side (only the left side). I have the cable adjusted to as loose as possible. Other than shaving down my front pad, is there anything else I can do to have zero rubbing issues?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade for 7.5 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the caliper screw that you tighten down can be moved forward/backward, which adjusts the angle at which it contacts your wheel. Given that only one side is touching, I'd suggest this may be the cause. Does that make sense?

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
SC 9 Disc Wheel [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an 808 rear on my '12 SC9. Wheelbuilder's disc cover is incompatible with the SC9 because of the narrow stays. I'm using the 808 because of PowerTap. Any other disc covers out there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Trek 1000 (rain/snow/sleet/monsoon)
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade for 7.5 [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was it. When I put on my pads yesterday, I was wondering what that screw did. Now I know. Going for a ride later today to make sure no rubbing pops up during the ride.

Here's my ride:

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade for 7.5 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can Equinox folks post here. I'm new so forgive my ignorance.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Quote Reply
Re: SC 9 Disc Wheel [mikegarmin4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a an 808 FC Tubular rear with a wheelcover and I don't have any issues with clearance (2012 SC 9.9). You have to make sure the cover sits flat to the spokes as sections of the surface area can bulge out hence rub against the stays. You can either use double sided tape or if you don't plan on removing the cover often to drill some holes and zip tie the cover to the spokes where the bulges occur.
Quote Reply
Re: SC 9 Disc Wheel [Grim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Wheelbuilder cover? The website says incompatible with SC9. I'll have to give a call on Monday. Thanks.

Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes a Wheelbuilder Wheelcover, had it for over a year now, the official disclaimer is its not compatible but reality is it shouldn't be a problem if you take some time to "flatten" the cover over the spokes. I can pull out my covers and reinstall them and send you the pics if you want, I think I've already posted some pics of the clearance to the stays a while back on my SC and thats with the duotrap thngy sticking out through the other side of the stays as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only send the pics if it's no trouble. I'll search for the older post. Thanks.

Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A very old pic of the wheelcover installed on the 808/SC, I'm searching for the ones with the clearance but I might have deleted them theres about 2-3 mm of clearance to the stays and I installed the speed sensor magnet on the inside of the cover.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice

Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Quote Reply
First Ride [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took the '12 SC7.2 out on its maiden voyage this morning...

Quote Reply
Re: First Ride [ODannyBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My "new" 2011 SC 2.5. Only 3 rides so far. Still making or trying to determine fit adjustments. Next ride will be Sunday the 18th. I'll get about an hour to hour and half on Queen K.

Quote Reply
Bontrager Aeolus 9.0 - Question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone converted from 10 speed shimano to 11 speed shimano by swapping free hub bodies?

Mine does not appear to be DTSwiss, which I was advised to purchase a 11 speed free hub body and it will "fit right on"

Any ideas? The bottom rotor is 10 speed, the top is 11 speed.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey carl ,

I was wondering if you could help me out with choosing a good cassette for my new wheelset/ components setup. I ride a 2011 2.5 speed concept with all the stock sram apex components. I will be buying a cassette for my easton aero wheelset and was wanting your suggestion on a mid level/priced cassette for fairly flat/medium hill racing. Any help would be great!
Quote Reply
PowerTap G3 Hub [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone confirm that there are no issues with the PowerTap G3 hub on a 9 Series SC.
Thanks,
Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, new SC owner but have Trek Equinox 7 2007 from before it, could you look at pictures and see is the frame cracked and can Trek do anything if it is cracked? Thanks
http://imageshack.us/...es/248/img5670l.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/...s/248/img5667jf.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/...ges/9/img5669ww.jpg/

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

What's the PN of SC 50x10 stem?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap G3 Hub [Siebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Siebs wrote:
Can someone confirm that there are no issues with the PowerTap G3 hub on a 9 Series SC.
Thanks,
Eric

Mine works fine in 10 speed configuration, HED rim, 24 spoke. Not tried it in 11 speed as yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kawessel2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kawessel2 wrote:
Hey carl ,

I was wondering if you could help me out with choosing a good cassette for my new wheelset/ components setup. I ride a 2011 2.5 speed concept with all the stock sram apex components. I will be buying a cassette for my easton aero wheelset and was wanting your suggestion on a mid level/priced cassette for fairly flat/medium hill racing. Any help would be great!

I changed mine out to a Shimano Ultegra 11-25. Shifts perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kini62] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great all-around, durable, reasonably priced cassette.

kini62 wrote:
kawessel2 wrote:
Hey carl ,

I changed mine out to a Shimano Ultegra 11-25. Shifts perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fabricio99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next