Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MustTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting tidbit from recent triathlon interview with Tim O'Donnell:

"Triathlete.com: Are there specific aspects of your position or equipment selection that you will examine and attempt to improve in the wind tunnel?

O’Donnell: Last year I moved quite a bit back. I want to bring it forward a little bit and get a little lower if I can. I’m hoping sometime midyear, before Kona, and maybe if there’s another new bike that will be a good time to go in the tunnel."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this as well.

Can you comment Carl?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't think of a year in the recent past when our Kona-bound pros didn't get a new bike before the race, custom paint and everything.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
I can't think of a year in the recent past when our Kona-bound pros didn't get a new bike before the race, custom paint and everything.

Hi Carl, I read it as 'new bike' being new 2013/14 model entirely, same as the OP, I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [endoverend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any new speed concept owners want to unload their bontrager rxl hilo saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to swap out my ski bends for s-bends. I have a 9.5 with dura ace shifters. I know how to take the shifters off the aero bars but how do I get the shifter cable off of the shifter? Do I need to disconnect the cable at the derailleurs and pull them out the front cockpit? I'm thinking this is what I need to do but want someone to confirm it. Maybe there's an easier way to disconnect the cable from the shifter without having to pull the whole cable out.... if there is, I'm just not seeing it.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [endoverend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if there is another new bike on the horizon, we (normal consumers) wouldnt actually be able to purchase until roughly a year from introduction based on previous launches. Which would mean 2014 at the earliest...and thats if we even see a new bike during the tour/kona.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right, cable have to come all the way out, through the shifter; its that way with all bikes.
1. disconnect cables at derailleurs
2. if you run shifters through gears, the cable heads should pop out
3. remove cables
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my new SC is being built right now with the new HILO saddle. I may get rid of it, but I want to try it first. Likely I will still use my tried, true & tested ISM Adamo Road; in that case I will sell the HILO...stay in touch!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the adjustable version or the fixed width? Just let me know. I found one but may consider an extra as I like the design and feel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

The lower headset bearing PN 428420 is used in others Trek bikes?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fabricio99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9 series lower is same as 7 series upper

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have the especifications?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is a standard Cane Creek 1 inch bearing with 45 degree chamfers

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you see if is one of these?

http://enduroforkseals.com/id367.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
none of the above. 1 inch, not 1-1/8 or 1.5

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

Will the new Campagnolo Bora Ultra 11 Speed Crankset 2013 fit the SC9.9 model?
tnx

best regards
Ivan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
if you have the 7.2Nm seatpost wedge, it clamps up pretty aggressively and may not release the post even though the bolt is loose. try backing the bolt out a couple extra turns so it sits above the level of the wedge, and give it (the bolt) a tap downwards with your mallet.

Just discovered this post while searching for a same solution for the same problem. I thought the seatpost in my new 2013 Speed Concept 7.5 was jammed for good but tapping down on the bolt with a rubber mallet did the trick
Thanks
Alan
Last edited by: alankstewart: Jan 16, 13 0:49
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ivan_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw on one of the sites online that Cancellara had a new protoype TT bike (SC) to test but he chose not to ride it the day the media were there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I was just wondering what your best opinion for size is for me. I've gone to 2 dealerships and have gotten different answers. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. It seems to me that if they told me different sizes, that I could probably make either one fit me with proper adjustments? I ride a 56cm road bike and have been told that for tri-bikes a lot of the time you have to go down a size. I'm pretty set on the Speed Concept but just looking for a little backup for size I guess since I've gotten conflicting information.

Thanks!

DJ
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DJake80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi DJ

There's so much adjustability in the SC system that the dealers are telling you the truth ...but which 2 sizes to start from is unclear without a set of fit coordinates. A road bike size or morphological measurements simply isn't sufficient .

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DJake80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to clarify: you need fit coordinates to fit properly on the bike . for a simple sizing exercise there are any number of ways a shop might go about it.. however they did it, if they told you you're between a medium and a large they're probably right and it's good enough for a test ride .

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
to clarify: you need fit coordinates to fit properly on the bike . for a simple sizing exercise there are any number of ways a shop might go about it.. however they did it, if they told you you're between a medium and a large they're probably right and it's good enough for a test ride .

Thanks for such a quick response! The problem is they both only had large 2012 7.0 frames, so I did test ride one, and it felt like I was reaching...but they also didn't adjust the seat height, so I actually had to go back and ask them to lower it significantly so I could actually pedal without leaning my whole body to one side. So I can't actually test a medium unless one of them get one in, but they said that they won't get a large 2013 7.0 until March. Just why I was kinda thinking if I knew I could adjust either for my fit, I would know at least which size to order since I'm not really wanting the color of the 2012. Maybe I'll try a 3rd dealership today and see what I can find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fabricio99 wrote:
Do you have the especifications?

I just replaced mine. This is what you want - https://www.cycleclubsports.com/...omputer-headset.aspx
Quote Reply

Prev Next