Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 3T Aerobars [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you recommend any brake levers in particular? Good to go with Di2 brake levers... and can you actually use the buttons?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Gerard,

What's the lowest stack configuration of this? All the photos I find are set up with the highest. Can the extensions be mounted below the basebar and the pads close to flat on top?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah, that makes sense
like aircraft wings being swept back and not 90 degrees from the body!

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I understand that this is a "testing the waters" phase, but perhaps a higher end model (integrated stem, non UCI >6:1 ratio, tiltable aerobars, fully internal cabling) and a lower end one (aluminum, more reasonable price point, possibly separate aerobars) might cover a lot more bases? Especially the aerobar angling, which has been brought up several times in the forum.

2. When can we see aero testing results, whether in comparison to the Ventus II and Aduro, or to other competitor top aero models? Objective and open data, including multiple yaw angles, would really be a huge help to people choosing their cockpits.

Interesting concept. Kudos for out of the box thinking.
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Do you recommend any brake levers in particular? Good to go with Di2 brake levers... and can you actually use the buttons?

you have 3 options for Di2 with the Revo:

1) the levers with integrated buttons mounted the standard way. You can push the buttons with your thumb, but obviously they are a bit farther forward than normal so it's a bit more of a stretch and not my recommended solution.
2) use the satelite levers on the "vertical wing" part of the grid, this is ergonomically very nice and it's what Team BMC Racing uses for their riders who use the Revo.
3) my preference, switching the left and right lever, reprogram them to switch the functionality as well so nothing changes and front shifting is on the left and rear on the right again, and shift with your index finger. This is ergonomically very nice and more akin to how you would shift an STI lever on a drop bar, so quite a logical action "mentally" on that Revo bar which is obviously a cross between a regular TT bar and a regular drop bar.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bobby, stack is the same as on the standard Vola, but I have asked them to add the exact info onto the website.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two posts in a week! After only 2 per year. Will we be seeing more of you these days? :)

gerard wrote:
Hi Bobby, stack is the same as on the standard Vola, but I have asked them to add the exact info onto the website.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like open data but in this case the chances of that are slim, since there were BMC riders involved in the testing. We'll likely do some tests that are publishable in April.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe not too soon, I try to divide my time as much as possible between family, work and riding. I like slowtwitch, but not as much as the other three. Plus I'm really into gravel riding these days, so I don't want to be confronted too much with the fact that I am not running and swimming enough!

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Option #3 sounds really nifty! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have any of the BMC guys used the Revo in competition yet? Or has this been under embargo until it was released?
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
Have any of the BMC guys used the Revo in competition yet? Or has this been under embargo until it was released?

Not yet, they've just gotten them and in for example Tour of Qatar, only road bikes are allowed anyway. But their tech guy Pinotti (Italian TT champ a few years back) has had them since a few months and put miles on them as one of the 3T test riders.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Last edited by: gerard: Feb 11, 16 5:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like this bar, especially as someone that trains a bunch on a tri bike and lives in an urban area where riding in aero is always possible. But, was there thought in having the ability to tilt the extensions and pads together to get angled forearms?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite reasonable. Could you at least give us a ballpark idea of how close to, worse than or even better than, the Aduro or Ventus II it is? FWIW, I really like 3T cockpits, having used Auras (sold), Zefiros (road bikes), a Mistral (backup), Ventus IIs and Aduros. Just hoping this new one would sit close to the top in that heirarchy.
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Designing this concept was probably 10% of the effort. Making it look good was probably 80%. I respect 3T not just for thinking way outside of the box but doing so in a way that people would actually buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't a few other aerobars also sweep forward? looks like their aduro does on my p3

too bad the pads cant get any narrower than 220 outside
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going e-tap myself, but.....

for the Di2 boys

-

Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, I've just noticed in the video with Daniel Fontana on the 3t site, he's not using bar tape, just the bare carbon
intersting

-

Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably personal preference. No?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice.

I wonder why the bottom tubes have an aero rear end, but traditional ends for the top tubes. Still, when I look at upgrading this will be near the top of my list.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone use these bars yet? Especially with Di2?
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
durk onion wrote:
Anyone use these bars yet? Especially with Di2?

bump

The bars are being sold and all, but I know no one, who has used them or who knows anyone who has used them. Even Google Images doesn't have much to offer. What's up with those bars?
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second bump.

Who has these?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gerard wrote:
I like open data but in this case the chances of that are slim, since there were BMC riders involved in the testing. We'll likely do some tests that are publishable in April.
Has 3T published any aero data. I poked around on the 3T site, but I could not find anything. I am about to pull the trigger on a new base bar, and there is a lot I like about the Revo.
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To date we only have tests that have been done in conjunction with third parties, so nothing we can publish.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply

Prev Next