Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]

Stelvio wrote:
I know you told Slowman but, you could probably call off this "witch hunt" by explaining what happened with your chip.

Oh, sorry, I phrased that poorly.

I advised Slowman that the errors were being looked into. I haven't heard anything more from Sportstats at this point.

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

Probably best not to try and explain anything farther, at least until after the IM Florida race mangement clears your name.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [dstu] [ In reply to ]

dstu wrote:
How do I go about getting the movie rights to this?

I still think this would make a great movie.........

The breakup........the recovery, The bike crash.......the recovery, The slow bike split.......the recovery (fast run), The public flogging......the recovery. More to come?

Re: IM training after a breakup [NickG] [ In reply to ]

Why does she have any responsibility to the doubters on Slowtwitch? She said she is looking into it. Let it go until that process is done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce

Re: IM training after a breakup [dstu] [ In reply to ]

dstu wrote:
dstu wrote:
How do I go about getting the movie rights to this?

I still think this would make a great movie.........

The breakup........the recovery, The bike crash.......the recovery, The slow bike split.......the recovery (fast run), The public flogging......the recovery. More to come?

Oh the Finmanity!

do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [JenSw] [ In reply to ]

I didn't say she had any responsibility at all, simply continuing to respond is her choice. I was pointing out that if such a file existed it would help her out a bit. Like I said, I really don't care what the outcome is, just trying to help out in a weird situation. I honestly do hope this works out in her favor, no one wants to be put under a microscope for something that they accomplished.

I sent my Garmin file via PM to NickG. The last thing I need is the ST contingent stalking my Garmin account and posting my address on here, or god knows what else.
Last edited by: iJen0311: Nov 8, 12 9:49

Re: IM training after a breakup [JenSw] [ In reply to ]

"Let it go until that process is done."........did you forget where you were posting? Impossible!

Re: IM training after a breakup [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]

I think this thread is over. I saw the file from her IMFL run and it's legit. She did what she said she did and it is now being figured out with the timing chip people as to where the mess up was ON THEIR END. Congrats to Jen on her finish!

NickG wrote:
I think this thread is over. I saw the file from her IMFL run and it's legit. She did what she said she did and it is now being figured out with the timing chip people as to where the mess up was ON THEIR END. Congrats to Jen on her finish!

Thanks for looking that over, Nick.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]

Bigringonly wrote:
"Let it go until that process is done."........did you forget where you were posting? Impossible!
--

Yeah,no shit,ST can be worse than the English Newspapers.One person makes something up and then everyone jumps on board to totally tear that person apart until they are either hung high and everyone celebrates or they are found innocent and ST says nothing and quietly waits for their next victim...It is starting to get pretty sad.

---

That is great. I think you would have to be a moron to have no suspiciouns. But everyone has a right to clear their name.

I trust computers a whole lot more than I trust people. I trust hard data a whole lot more than I trust someone's testimony.

Timing mat could fail to register a chip. But 5 or 6 missed mats in a row looks dubious.

Then all the missing mats are on loop 2? Oh hell no!

And then! And then the mats that did register are showing a walking pace? But the overall average over 26.2 miles is running? That could ONLY happen if the clocks on the different timing mats were not in synch. But that would affect everyone's data, not just one bib.

Sorry.

BTW, a Garmin file doesn't mean a damn thing. They are plain unencrypted unchecksummed XML data. Data for a Garmin file could be created in Excel, and saved and coverted to Garmin format, and the result would be indistinguishable from a real file.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]

Dilbert wrote:
BTW, a Garmin file doesn't mean a damn thing. They are plain unencrypted unchecksummed XML data. Data for a Garmin file could be created in Excel, and saved and coverted to Garmin format, and the result would be indistinguishable from a real file.

Honestly, I don't even know what this means.

If you're that determined to continue on with this, then go ahead, I truly hope it makes you feel better.

NickG wrote:

"backing up posts with made up non-sense..."

Sounds right to me.

do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]

Bone Idol wrote:

Unless something is drastically wrong with her chip that I have never seen before I still don't understand how you are averging the paces seen above for the first 13 miles but manage to avg 9:29's in the end. I'm competely open to the possibility that something was off with the chip but as it stand now the results reflected above is not possible.