Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [SC_NICK] [ In reply to ]

A participant in our race used an iphone on his arms for gps tracking.
The iphone program was able to record and update his progress on swim/bike/run in different colors.

Not sure the posters use of the device though.

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

Page 14 of Athlete Guide

Communication devices of any type, such as cell phones and two-way radios are strictly prohibited during competition. Use of such devices will result in disqualification.

Also, Page 3

UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT
Sorry, absolutely NO communication devices, MP3 players or other audio devices. (Yes, that means NO cell phones, Oakley Thumps™ or Apple iPods®).

Last edited by: rpoulin79: Nov 8, 12 10:57

SC_NICK wrote:
one question, for my own dumb knowledge and anyone feel free to answer, can you take an ipod/phone and play music as long as you dont use head phones? i just saw your bike pic and was curious. is it one of those rules like swimming with a snorkle? everyone seems to get huffy about that.

congrats on your finish!

I guess it would be a good way to keep people from drafting - annoy the hell out of them with your music.

Re: IM training after a breakup [rpoulin79] [ In reply to ]

rpoulin79 wrote:
Page 14 of Athlete Guide

Communication devices of any type, such as cell phones and two-way radios are strictly prohibited during competition. Use of such devices will result in disqualification.

Oops.

so was 4:08 for the marathon not what your garmin said?

or your iphone

i mean, it looks like your bike time is a little too long and your run is a little too short... stuff happens

-Jason
Last edited by: jasondubose: Nov 8, 12 11:26

Sportstats shows you as a DQ now...

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN

Post deleted by TimAndrus [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: TimAndrus: Nov 8, 12 11:03
Re: IM training after a breakup [Muh] [ In reply to ]

Muh wrote:

and I don't think it was the phone........

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]

1037 was a chick...

Re: IM training after a breakup [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]

Re: IM training after a breakup [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]

That makes way more sense....... phew.

i first read Jon(i) with out the i and then i thought, man the timing is WAAYYY messed up.

i feel a little better now.

thanks
Tim

Tim

Re: IM training after a breakup [Muh] [ In reply to ]

Muh wrote:

It's been that way since it was posted.

Re: IM training after a breakup [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

This thread has been so amusing. Not taking sides, just observing that IMFL brings some interesting things like finman and now this. Oh and the guy that won the 25-29M ag a few years ago... Poopman?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [NickG] [ In reply to ]

I searched Garmin connect for running activities between 25 and 26.5 miles and 4 and 4.2 hours (can't use standard 4:15 nomenclature). I found 9 results, none match the username iJen0311 that she has used in more than one forum. All nine list some sort of Garmin watch as the device used that GarminConnect detected in the upload process. In Jen's finisher pic it doesn't look like she has a Garmin on (watch looks too small) but it does look like she has an iPhone or similar device in an arm band.

Additionally, I look at the time stamp which corresponds to the start of the run. None were close to the 4:48 PM start time of her run (13:56=8:56 PM - 4:08 run time).

BTW is does match up exactly for this guy:

http://www.ironman.com/...s.aspx#axzz2BONWujNX
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/240622553

7:39 race time = 2:39 PM Garmin time stamp

Pete - Way to get it done!

Maybe she doesn't upload to GarminConnect but then again she said she doesn't want anyone "stalking my Garmin account".

Re: IM training after a breakup [claughery] [ In reply to ]

Did someone say poop guy?

Re: IM training after a breakup [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]

Without sounding too cavalier about the notion of potentially cheating via course-cutting and the attendant, well, calling attention to one's self for several months with this thread...

It's a 14-hour IM finish being dissected and magnified.

Just sayin'.

That is all. Carry on.

Re: IM training after a breakup [IronLance] [ In reply to ]

This thread/ that pic

I'm trying to make sense of the swim times, and something seems really off.

First loop was 1:08:xx.
No second loop.
T1 was 1:22:XX.

Yes, over an hour for T2. That makes me think that the timing chip didn't register somewhere and she barely made the swim cutoff of 2h20.

However, her cumulative time for mile 15 on the bike and the swim is 2:22:XX.

Very strange.

Stelvio wrote:
I searched Garmin connect for running activities between 25 and 26.5 miles and 4 and 4.2 hours (can't use standard 4:15 nomenclature). I found 9 results, none match the username iJen0311 that she has used in more than one forum. All nine list some sort of Garmin watch as the device used that GarminConnect detected in the upload process. In Jen's finisher pic it doesn't look like she has a Garmin on (watch looks too small) but it does look like she has an iPhone or similar device in an arm band.
Maybe she doesn't upload to GarminConnect but then again she said she doesn't want anyone "stalking my Garmin account".

I do use connect but my account is set to private and uses a different user name. I use my 500 and it goes in a little pocket in the back of my shorts. The watch I wore for the race is an Ironman Timex. I had the iPhone with me so that my boyfriend could see me along the course by following my location via an app called "Friend Finder."

NickG can also confirm that my Garmin file does not match that participant in any way as I forgot to hit reset and it didn't activate it until mile 5 or so. NickG can also confirm that the start time shown on my file would be accurate based on the finish of my bike split.

I may have to bow out of this thread soon as there isn't much more for me to say.

lol. im very sorry you have to deal with all this, hopefully you can forgive me for letting this be my entertainment for the afternoon.

and you shouldnt bow out or give up.

look what happened to lance when he gave up fighting.

LEARN FROM LANCE! NEVER GIVE UP!

Re: IM training after a breakup [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

Mike C wrote:
Without sounding too cavalier about the notion of potentially cheating via course-cutting and the attendant, well, calling attention to one's self for several months with this thread...

It's a 14-hour IM finish being dissected and magnified.

Just sayin'.

That is all. Carry on.

Honestly, it's really hurtful.

I started this thread during a difficult time asking for advice.

I updated the thread because there were some posters who kept up with me privately along the way and I wanted to let folks know I had made it.

This was a big accomplishment for me, but having to explain every detail of not only my race but my training, my equipment, my past races, has really taken a lot away from it.

I shared the pertinent information with another poster in the hopes that it would quiet this down. It doesn't appear that it has.

I hope that everyone piling on is enjoying themselves, and I hope you never find yourself feeling like I am right now.
Last edited by: iJen0311: Nov 8, 12 11:24

Re: IM training after a breakup [fartleker] [ In reply to ]

if you look at it correctly (i hope) it makes some sense. i think it's the chip didn't scan the first time over the mat so when she got out of the water (in 1:08) and crossed the mat it thought she was on her first lap so when she crossed the mat to enter into transition before she was supposed to it screwed up and added her T1 time with her swim time.

if you subtract 108 from the 122 it is about a 14minute T1 which is on par with her 10+min T2 the 1:22:xx time plus the first split on the bike add up correctly for total race time. if you subtract the swim split one. which you HAVE to do, or the other splits don't work out to the finish AND she would have not made the bike cut off.

so i think the 1:22:xx is T1 AND the swim combined.

i think
took me a while to figure that out for some reason
Tim

Tim

iJen0311 wrote:

NickG can also confirm that my Garmin file does not match that participant in any way as I forgot to hit reset and it didn't activate it until mile 5 or so. NickG can also confirm that the start time shown on my file would be accurate based on the finish of my bike split.

I may have to bow out of this thread soon as there isn't much more for me to say.

I wasn't implying that your file would match that guy, I was merely using him as an example of a participant who's Garmin time stamp matched the start of his run.

If you forgot to hit reset and activate until mile 5 how can NickG confirm that the start time on your file would be accurate based on the finish of your bike split.

I do see your Garmin 500 on the bike pics so that part is plausible.

I know you don't want to expose your personal information to everyone on Garmin Connect but you can make individual activities public by clicking the lock in the upper left of the activity. This will dispell all of the non-believers and the only thing they will see is your username, and from there no more information in available about you.

I keep my account Private so only I can see my training logs but if there is a certain activity (activity or course) that I want to share I simply ulock it to make it accessible to anyone who wants to look at it.

Prev Next